CanadaGirl

Go back to your country

95 posts in this topic

We canadians believe in peace and hv our own opinions so just give her yr piece of mind tomorrow itself

GO LEAFS GO :dance:

Al

PARENTS JOURNEY

Dec 10 - sent I130 for Mom & Dad

Jan- Recd NOA1

Feb- Recd RFE for missing BC

Mar- Recd RFE for missing BC

Apr- NOA2 Case approved

May- NVC case #

May- paid $88 AOS FEE

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Well, if you don't belong in America because of your views, neither do 50% of Americans!!!

That is what I was thinking where are the Americans who dont agree with the Govt supposed to go???

Fortunately we all have rights, she crossed the line at work...do I smell a hostile work environment? :devil:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

They say to me: "If you don't like this country, check out another country". I have; the Philippines; I love it. So when they say to me "If you don't like it, go home" I say; "I can't, my home ran away and left me. It is wandering in the wilderness" so I must search for a new home.

Date I-129F Sent : 03/17/2006

Date I-129F NOA1: 04/03/2006

I-129F RFE(s) : 08/10/2006

I-129F RFE Reply(s) : 08/17/2006

Date I-129F NOA2 (Approved) : 08/18/2006

Date Package Received By NVC : 09/05/2006

Date Sent to Embassy: 09/18/2006 assigned number MNL2006743xxx

Date Embassy received 09/26/2006

letter-touched 10/17/2006

information on medical and interview 11/17/2006

Packet with Information 11/29/2006

Medical 1/12/2007

Interview 1/19/2007

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bahamas
Timeline

I'm Black! Welcome to the party!!!

yeah well, me too, AND a woman, AND a foreigner... :P

You forgot that you're cute too. :)

:star:

well i thought that was a GIVEN! :lol::innocent::blush:

Adjustment of Status

July 1 2006 - Sent EAD & AOS packet

Sept 19 2006 - EAD APPROVED

Sept 22 2006 - AOS APPROVED

Sept 23 2006 - EAD card arrived

Sept 29 2006 - GC arrived!!!

Removal of Conditions

Jul 9 2008 - Filed @ VSC

Feb 25 2009 - Transferred to CSC

June 20 2009 - Card production ordered

NATURALIZATION

Aug 24 2009 - Mailed N-400 priority mail

Aug 26 2009 - rec'd at TX Lockbox

Aug 27 2009 - NOA1 (rec'd 8/31)

Aug 28 2009 - check cashed

Sept 4 2009 - biometrics notice [rec'd Sept 9]

Sept 25 2009 - Biometrics

Oct 17 2009 - Email about file transfer for interview

Oct 21 2009 - Interview Letter Rec'd

Dec 8 2009 - Interview - PASSED!!!!!!

Dec 19 2009 - Oath Letter rec'd

Jan 14 2010 - OATH CEREMONY!!!!

Jan 15 2010 - Passport app.

Jan 21 2010 - Nat. cert. returned

Jan 22 2010 - Passport rec'd

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Sucks that someone had the nerve to say that to you, and it's for that very same reason that I keep my mouth shut when that particular subject comes up! Don't let her bother you -- she's the one with a narrow mind, not you! :no:

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: Timeline
Don't let her bother you -- she's the one with a narrow mind, not you! :no:

Exactly. If I got all depressed and upset every time some crazy cracker said something mean to me I'd be in the lunatic asylum right now.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

If some jerk told my wife to go back to her country i would beat the snot out of there azzes. lol :lol:

Citizenship

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

CIS Office : San Francisco CA

Date Filed : 2008-06-11

NOA Date : 2008-06-18

Bio. Appt. : 2008-07-08

Citizenship Interview

USCIS San Francisco Field Office

Wednesday, September 10,2008

Time 2:35PM

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Next time she says anything just reply: "I truly feel sorry for you" and walk away. One time this lady at the store tried to get into it with me and I said: "Boy if this is the way you normally lead your life, I really feel sorry for you." That shut her up and I felt better then if I hadn't said anything or if I had started a shout match as she probably wanted.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Exactly. If I got all depressed and upset every time some crazy cracker said something mean to me I'd be in the lunatic asylum right now.

on the plus side, if you went home you'd probably get your own job back when they outsource it to india :P

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Timeline

on the plus side, if you went home you'd probably get your own job back when they outsource it to india :P

LOL no kidding...

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hello,

I am Canadian and I have been living in the states for 7 months now. So far everything is going great. I got my work permit, a job, credit, just bought a condo, etc. This past week I was on a natural high from having my life finally fit into place.

Well....today I was going to a meeting with a co worker and she was asking alot about Canada and immigration. She was asking about Canadian's views on America and the war and 9/11. I answered with my honest opinions which is everyone I know in Canada doesn't support the war but that is just my friends and family, I can't speak for 30 million people. I also told her I don't agree with the war and I am not a big supporter of Bush.

So she started saying I should go back to my home country and I'm not welcome here. America doesn't need immigrants like me...if I don't support America then I should leave, etc, etc.

I was really shocked by this and simply said "you asked for my opinion and I didn't mean to offend you but I have the right to my opinion and I am Canadian and grew up in a peace keeping frame of mind"

She just simply said "you don't belong here"

I am really upset about this and have felt sick all day long. I really do love living here and yes, I may not support the war but neither does 50% of america. I view myself as a Canadian living in Florida and that's it. I like living here but I do have my own opinions that I grew up with and I don't see that changing.

I'm just wondering if anyone has had an experience like this and maybe a little advice. I really didn't want to offend her but she was asking for my opinions.

Just feeling rejected at the moment and not sure how to take all of this.

whoaa thats a story right there...i can relate to what youre feeling right now..i have been here in the US for 6 months and i get discriminated from time to time...Although i dont like it,i just tried calm down...well here's my story,hope it would help you feel that youre not the only one...I met my husband in NY chatroom 3 years ago,and he decided to go to the Philippines to meet me in person after 3 months,he proposed to marry me when he was there but it was too early for us to be married.So to make the story short he waited for another 2 years before we decided to get married,he petitioned me and after a year,i came to the US.My husband brought me to his work to introduce me to his co-workers everyone seems to be nice but one day when my husband get into some misunderstanding with his co-worker,according to husband his co-worker told him in face that hes a loser who buy mail-ordered bride in the internet...that all filipinas are mail-ordered brides,that im only using my husband as a ticket to the US,and that i only wanted a greencard.I swear,upon hearing this,my head end ego wanted to explode...it hurts me so bad and so is my husband,he almost got fired because he exploded at work depending my reputation...we met in the internet but i am not a mail-ordered bride,if i really am into a greencard,i should have said yes when he asked me to marry him 11 days after we meet in person.it hurts me also when he he said philippines is a home for mail-order-wives.i have nothing against mail-order-brides but the fact the way he said it,its very insulting.too early for me to be engaged to any fights,---lol...well before i came to the US i attended a seminar saying we have to be ready in any kind of descrimination...i didnt give any importance to it cause i thought it would not happen to me but i was wrong...it may not be the first and last insult i will get but well,thats life.he was the one who get a bad reputation.

You used your free speech and she did too. Seems fair.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

sounds like this woman you spoke to at work would make a lot of friends on some of these off topic threads on VJl!!

some are full of narrow-minded racists!!

:P