CanadaGirl

Go back to your country

95 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

My point is - the number of anti-Americans I met while living in Canada was shocking. All I heard about was how evil GWB and war is, yet Canada wouldn't have a prayer if someone attacked it and the US didn't defend it.

And when you bashed Clinton while he was President, did that make you anti-American??? Give me a friggen break! What hypocracy! Oye!

LOL I liked Clinton when he was in office. I was a democrat at the time. Thank goodness I smartened up. ;)

Nice try though, big daddy!

You missed the point...disagreeing with the President and his policies isn't being anti-American, even if it's a foreigner who is doing the criticizing. The only anti-Americans I see are the ones who try to deliberately undermine the principals of the Constitution. So it's ironic that this woman tells a Canadian to go back to her country because that statement itself is anti-American.

too funny. I bet you republicans may have bashed clinton but they never would have tried to ###### the country over just to get him out of office. This is the difference between neo democrats and 'neo' republicans. Most democrats look after their own ### and don't give a ###### about America. Well apart from the right of being able to say and do as they please.

:blink::o:whistle:

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You missed the point...disagreeing with the President and his policies isn't being anti-American, even if it's a foreigner who is doing the criticizing. The only anti-Americans I see are the ones who try to deliberately undermine the principals of the Constitution. So it's ironic that this woman tells a Canadian to go back to her country because that statement itself is anti-American.

Who is one missing the point here? It is time to take off the rose colored glasses. A growing number of fanatical democrats do not simply just disagree with the president, they would seriously want to see him dead.

Lets have a look at an example shall we..

• Correct me if I am wrong but didn't she recently say that she fantasized about killing the president as a baby.

• Surprise surprise. Who is she hugging? Yes, another nut job who absolutely hates America.

Sheehanchavez.jpg

• Another fine example of a pro-american democrat. This movie apparently did so much for the US's reputation overseas. I heard Usama Bin Laden loves the US twice as much now..

370px-Fahrenheit_911_poster.jpg

PS Nice of democrats to conveniently use the constitution to suit their own needs. Lets not forget how good it is, well until it comes to the right to bear arms. That particular amendment is ####### right? out-of-date so to speak..

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Who is one missing the point here? It is time to take off the rose colored glasses. A growing number of fanatical democrats do not simply just disagree with the president, they would seriously want to see him dead.

Lets have a look at an example shall we..

• Correct me if I am wrong but didn't she recently say that she fantasized about killing the president as a baby.

• Surprise surprise. Who is she hugging? Yes, another nut job who absolutely hates America.

Sheehanchavez.jpg

• Another fine example of a pro-american democrat. This movie apparently did so much for the US's reputation overseas. I heard Usama Bin Laden loves the US twice as much now..

370px-Fahrenheit_911_poster.jpg

PS Nice of democrats to conveniently use the constitution to suit their own needs. Lets not forget how good it is, well until it comes to the right to bear arms. That particular amendment is ####### right? out-of-date so to speak..

:blink:

I know who has missed the point of this thread, the name starts with I and ends with nfidel.

What does your post have to do with the woman that told the OP to go back to Canada since she did not agree with President Bush?

The OP didn't say she was a fan of MM or any of the other people you used as an example.

Only that a woman at work asked how the OP felt about Bush, the OP answered honestly and was told to "to back to Canada. Which is in principle an anti-american statement. Remember Land of the free, not land of the free as long as you agree with me.

Edited by Marc and Olga

K-1 timeline

05/03/06: NOA1

06/29/06: IMBRA RFE Received

07/28/06: NOA2 received in the mail!

10/06/06: Interview

02/12/07: Olga arrived

02/19/07: Marc and Olga marry

02/20/07: DISNEYLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AOS Timeline

03/29/07: NOA1

04/02/07: Notice of biometrics appointment

04/14/07: Biometrics appointment

07/10/07: AOS Interview - Passed.

Done with USCIS until 2009!

I know who has missed the point of this thread, the name starts with I and ends with nfidel.

What does your post have to do with the woman that told the OP to go back to Canada since she did not agree with President Bush?

Yes I agree I have gone off topic.

To the OP, you can get these statements in any country. I would not take it personally. In general, I guess traditional Americans are probably sick and tired of people bashing and trashing the country and may have taken it in the wrong way. If someone has been picked on for a while, even the smallest comment will offend them.

PS Lesson for democrats. See how she peacefully said she did not agree with the President rather than kicking and screaming like a child.. :thumbs:

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

To the OP, even though I dont know you personally I can honestly say, I'd rather you stay in America and that lady leave the U S. I hate ignorance and prejudice!!! And it makes me feel good to see all these people on VJ stand up and support you. I think that anyone coming into the U S from another country that is a decent human being can only make our country a better place to live.

Life is too short, you dont have time for people like her, forget her and move on!

Vicki/Bala

10/2002 Met in yahoo chat

10/2004 Romance blossoms

04/2005 Went to india, spent two wonderful weeks together

06/11/05 Sent petition

06/22/05 1st NOA received

09/12/05 2nd NOA received

11/15/05 Interview: request for additional information from me.

11/30/05 Got notice that we were Placed on Administrative Processing

03/04/06 Going to visit with my boo!

04/08/06 Back home (sigh) back to waiting again.

06/15/06 7 months on AP (will this ever end?)

07/06/06 called for second interview (it was a nightmare)

07/14/06 learned our petition was sent back

07/15/06 ready to carry on the fight!!!!

10/17/06 petition is back at USCIS

God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away,

who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

To the OP:

If she does it again, report it to the boss. You have the right to be in a work environment free of harrassment and intimidation.

And, incanada does NOT represent the majority of Canadians, who believe in LIBERTY (which, by definition, is what liberals strive for), even though the govt is conservative and licks Bush's #######.

Never had that said to me thank goodness.

If someone did say that to me, i would simply say, Your opinion does not matter to me.

K1

September 15 - 2005: NOA1

October: Waiting

November: Waiting

December: In Security checks

January 2006: Waiting

February: Waiting..Contacted Congress

March 4th: APPROVED

March 17th: NVC posted file to London

March 20th: London Receives file

March 29th: Receive package 3

April 13th: London Receives package

April 19th: Medical - June 13th: INTERVIEW......APPROVED!!!!

June 20th: ARRIVE IN USA

Time taken for whole process 9 Months

~~~~~ * ~~~~~

AOS

October: 13th: Sent off AOS Package

November 3rd: NOA1

November 14th: Snail mail ~ NOA1 ~ Case moved to the CSC for faster processing.

November 14th : CSC has petition for me and my daughter.

December 14th: Biometrics completed.

January 17th: APPROVED AOS!

January 22nd: Green card arrives in the mail:))

Time taken for AOS - 3.5 Months

Finished for 2 years.

dev015pb___.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
To the OP:

If she does it again, report it to the boss. You have the right to be in a work environment free of harrassment and intimidation.

And, incanada does NOT represent the majority of Canadians, who believe in LIBERTY (which, by definition, is what liberals strive for), even though the govt is conservative and licks Bush's #######.

incanada is the USC. So probably not representing Canada at all. ;)

Electricity is really just organized lightning.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

To the OP:

I thought she lived in Canada though, for a while. well suddenly it all makes sense

Edited by Fuzzness

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

To the OP:

I thought she lived in Canada though, for a while. well suddenly it all makes sense

Yup, and was pretty vocal here about how much she disliked it. Prompting the move back to Utah I think it is. :yes:

(Well vocal in text. :lol: )

Electricity is really just organized lightning.

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

Well....today I was going to a meeting with a co worker and she was asking alot about Canada and immigration. She was asking about Canadian's views on America and the war and 9/11. I answered with my honest opinions which is everyone I know in Canada doesn't support the war but that is just my friends and family, I can't speak for 30 million people. I also told her I don't agree with the war and I am not a big supporter of Bush.

O.k., so my USC - husband doesn't belong here either, maybe we will both be deported to Germany soon? :lol:

Welcome to the "Land of the Free!"

I guess I should add that I (so far) never had any negative experience and felt like people are usually extremely friendly and open-minded here.

You just ran into an a**hole, it's unfortunately you have to work with her...

Conditional Permanent Resident since September 20, 2006

Conditions removed February 23, 2009

I am extraordinarily patient,

provided I get my own way in the end!

Margaret Thatcher

I suppose when you become the immigrant you get to see a different side of the coin, sad reflection of the times I think. And I too would try to take no notice of her unless she gets really bad, and then you would I think have to take some action.

Hope you don't let it get to you in the future :thumbs:

wow thanks so much for the support. I feel so much better reading everyone's opinion.

Mrs. P that is great advice about logging the situation. Because it happened at work, I was a little concerned that maybe I crossed a boundary and could get fired. I don't really know this person since I have only worked there 3 weeks but she could easily go to my boss and say I was saying all this bullshit that isn't true. We do work together everyday.

Uling, my husband is black (born in Jamaica) and we have gotten a few comments for being interracial but they kinda rolled off my back. For some reason, I just couldn't let this one roll. I do empathize with minorities however and don't really understand how people have such an issue with colour. I guess because I'm white I haven't really had the feeling like I wasn't welcome in America.

Thanks for the support everyone :) and if it happens again I now have some good come backs!

[The reason god put spaces in between your fingers was so another person's hands could fill it up.

CHERISH YESTERDAY, LIVE TODAY AND DREAM TOMORROW

Life is like a song... Sing it.

Life is like a challenge... Pursue it.

Life is like a sacrifice... Offer it.

Life is love... Enjoy it.

Hello,

I am Canadian and I have been living in the states for 7 months now. So far everything is going great. I got my work permit, a job, credit, just bought a condo, etc. This past week I was on a natural high from having my life finally fit into place.

Well....today I was going to a meeting with a co worker and she was asking alot about Canada and immigration. She was asking about Canadian's views on America and the war and 9/11. I answered with my honest opinions which is everyone I know in Canada doesn't support the war but that is just my friends and family, I can't speak for 30 million people. I also told her I don't agree with the war and I am not a big supporter of Bush.

So she started saying I should go back to my home country and I'm not welcome here. America doesn't need immigrants like me...if I don't support America then I should leave, etc, etc.

I was really shocked by this and simply said "you asked for my opinion and I didn't mean to offend you but I have the right to my opinion and I am Canadian and grew up in a peace keeping frame of mind"

She just simply said "you don't belong here"

I am really upset about this and have felt sick all day long. I really do love living here and yes, I may not support the war but neither does 50% of america. I view myself as a Canadian living in Florida and that's it. I like living here but I do have my own opinions that I grew up with and I don't see that changing.

I'm just wondering if anyone has had an experience like this and maybe a little advice. I really didn't want to offend her but she was asking for my opinions.

Just feeling rejected at the moment and not sure how to take all of this.

I've had that happen to me in Calgary in mid-1970's.

FYI, you could have retorted to your chopf#ck colleague, "then why don't YOU go back to (Germany/Italy/England/Scotland/etc)? After all, your ancestors came from there".

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

You know what really gets me. Immigrants who have to study to become citizens and such probably know more about how the government actually works than most USC who have lived here their whole life. Someone tells my faince to go back to her country when she disagrees I will tell that she should say the following, Thank you for your opinion but since this country was founded by people who didnt agree with the current government I think it is healthy to have intelegent respectful discussions about the current state of affairs. If your response is to simply and blindly follow your leaders that is your right but it is also my right to disagree and respectfully express my opinion.

I would never wish the the President dead no matter how much I disagree with him. While I do not support the President in all of his views I do support those people our government has sent to carry out this country's policies.

Blindly following is not patriotic!!

Paul