AlexBa

K1 rejected NOW WHAT?

32 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Nigeria can be cruel. Marrying isn't an auto fix, they can still deny you the second time around even if married. Staying there might be an option if you have a visa that supports the extended stay ( or if you are a dual citizen ) If they truely think that the relationship is for immigration purposes , marriage doesn't fix that. I take it you are in Nigeria now. How long have you spent in Nigeria ? What are the red flags that caused them to think it was for immigration purposes. A know a couple where the woman is much older and white and getting married has not help them get a visa. Being married ups the requirement for proof of relationship as married couples should interact more than unmarried ones. If you stay in Nigeria how do you expect to fill out the affidavit of support when the time comes ?

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I did email my congressman, but didn't mention having a senior consulate look at it. I will do that tomorrow :) Thanks! My mom just called to say that she wants the info that I sent to my congressman so that she can email to hers to see if they too will help. Some may laugh but I even sent one to the white house. LOL.

Only one politician will deal with this at a time. The same people that havent done anything on immigration reform for over 60 years. They all have staff trained to placate people. Begin by sending in the requiered form.

Prepare to be told USCIS has made a decision in your case which indicates you were denied based on your relationship at this time. The White house seems to be a little busy with the budget & several wars to take on immigration but it doesnt hurt to let them know you need some help. If you play golf you could join them on the course.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

So sorry to hear this...keep the faith, you are in my prayers.

03-21-2011 Mailed I-129F application.

03-22-2011 Packet received in Texas.

03-28-2011 NOA1 received in mail..then transfered to VSC

07-12-2011 NOA2!!! 107 days!(Date on notice letter: 7-12-2011; Recieved hardcopy in mail on: 7-15-2011)

07-29-2011 NVC Received Case

08-02-2011 NVC forwards to US Embassy Nicosia

08-10-2011 Packet 3 Received

08-16-2011 Packet 3 returned

08-17-2011 Medical completed

09-15-2011 Interview

09-15-2011 AP!! Ugh!

10-18-2011 Case left Nicosia for Lagos. (Our one year engagement anniversary)

10-24-2011 Case delivered in Lagos.

01-30-2012 Second interview

01-30-2012 Approved!

02-09-2012 Visa in Hand

02-11-2012 POE!! HOUSTON TX.

03-17-2012 MARRIED!

03-23-2012 AOS

04-17-2012 Biometrics Complete

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I did email my congressman, but didn't mention having a senior consulate look at it. I will do that tomorrow :) Thanks! My mom just called to say that she wants the info that I sent to my congressman so that she can email to hers to see if they too will help. Some may laugh but I even sent one to the white house. LOL.

Sorry about my earlier post looks like DCF would not be an option for you going forward.

Emailing congressman or Whitehouse is not going to do anything, COs are trained and put there to look at the case look at the background information and put all that together to evaluate if the petition is legit or not.

Congressman cannot challenge their decision or reverse their decision, all they can do is ask the embassy to give u another chance and do another interview.

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

Chances of getting the current case renewed are pretty much nil. Best bet is to go there, get married and live together while waiting for the CR-1 to be processed. Normally it is an 8 to 10 month thing, but after one denial, be prepared for it to take much longer. In the meantime, you need to look at why they said your fiance was only wanting to immigrate. There was some red flag (or several) that came up and just filing for the I-130 without addressing these is throwing good money after bad. Unless you know what these are and address them you are facing a good chance of another denial. Things to consider are

Previous visa apps by your Fiance. Tourist, student, family based.

Recent Divorce by you or your fiance.

Not enough time together

Age difference with you being older. yes people will say it shouldn't matter, but in the immigration visa world it very much matters and you have to over come this.

Different religions - again it shouldn't be their business but in the immigration visa world, everything is their business

Also, what questions were asked at the interview and what were his answers? This is important to know why he was denied. They can and will ask very innocent seeming random questions that people in a relationship should know. Any hesitation or fumbling for the answer will trip their radar.

Service Center : California Service Center
Consulate : Guangzhou, China
Marriage (if applicable): 2010-04-26
I-130 Sent : 2010-06-01
I-130 NOA1 : 2010-06-08
I-130 RFE : 2010-11-05
I-130 RFE Sent : 2010-11-06
I-130 Approved : 2010-11-10
NVC Received CaseFile: 2010-11-16
NVC Casefile Number Issued: 2010-11-22
Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2010-11-23
OPTIN EMAIL SENT TO NVC: 2010-11-23
OPTIN ACCEPTED by NVC: 2010-12-14
Pay I-864 Bill 2010-11-23
Receive I-864 Package : 2010-11-23
Return Completed I-864 : 2011-03-30
Return Completed DS-3032 : 2010-11-23
Receive IV Bill : 2010-12-17
Pay IV Bill : 2011-03-16
AOS CoverSheets Generated: 2010-11-27
IV Fee Bill marked as PAID: 2011-03-18
IV CoverSheets Generated: 2011-03-18
IV email packet sent: 2011-04-4
NVC reports 'Case Completed': 2011-5-2
'Sign in Fail' at the Online Payment Portal: 2011-5-2
Final Review Started at NVC: 2011-5-2
Final Review Completed at NVC: ????
Interview Date Set: 2011-5-5
Appointment Letter Received via Email: 2011-5-6
Interview Date: 2011-6-1
Approved!!!!!

I-751 Sent : 2013-07-02

I-751 Bio Appointment Date 2013-08-02

10 Year Green Card Approved!!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Thank you to all that have replied to my post. One congressman

office has returned my call and will see what they can do. Here's a thought that has run through my mind. When the interview was over (less than 10 min) he was handed back his birth certificate, photo album and my copies of text msgs. All of the other paperwork was kept. If he is granted another interview what papers does he now need to bring??

By nature I am pretty quiet and laid back but it infuriates me that my fiance was a good as told he was a liar. I can't sit here and let his character be attacked like that. I have written emails to every person I can think of. I've enlisted the help of friends. To my surprise my Mom and my boss are also getting involved. I am not giving up without putting up a good fight. Yeah, I know that it is Nigeria and my chances are just about nill but we have to try.

Keep writing as I read everything and I do process the information. (F)

Timeline

My husband and I went through almost the same process,although I originally filed for the I-129 fiance visa,then during that process went back to Nigeria and got married so when I came back to the states I had to start all over from scratch.I wish I could say its a quick and painless process but it just isnt.I filed for the I-130 in June 2010 and his documents just got sent to Lagos last week,very discouraging.I also got a Congressman's office invloved and that was what got the train finally moving again.My calls were to no avail,just the same,its "processing" every time and I am a very aggressive person,I might add.Anyway,just keep the faith and get everything to them as soon as possible and you will be together soon.Not to worry,our fate is in God's hands,not our own.Stay Blessed!

7njdsd.png

Timeline

To KingsWife: I am feeling pretty useless at this point. All my calls to the consulate in Nigeria have been answered the same way. Send an email. Not one person would allow me to talk with a senior consulate officer. Back to the emails. Is there a light at the end of this tunnel?

Timeline

NO one should laugh if you wrote to the white house. I did too, I have written to my congressman, senator and now Obama. This whole immigration process is in dire need of changes.

Take a deep breath and clear your mind. Once, that is done you can take the advices given here on VJ and make the right choice for yourself and your fiance.

Good luck!

Timeline

Only one politician will deal with this at a time. The same people that havent done anything on immigration reform for over 60 years. They all have staff trained to placate people. Begin by sending in the requiered form.

Prepare to be told USCIS has made a decision in your case which indicates you were denied based on your relationship at this time. The White house seems to be a little busy with the budget & several wars to take on immigration but it doesnt hurt to let them know you need some help. If you play golf you could join them on the course.

:rofl: Love your comment. It is sad while we are suffering the consequences of the incompetent politicians, they are out playing golf on our expense. WE are still the tax payers who fund their outings, while they ignore our cries of help.

What happened to our country? :unsure:

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

:rofl: Love your comment. It is sad while we are suffering the consequences of the incompetent politicians, they are out playing golf on our expense. WE are still the tax payers who fund their outings, while they ignore our cries of help.

My hope is that the OP will get what they want & worked for in the near future. I have no direct experiance with Nigeria but I know its one of the toughest embassies to deal with. I also know there are reasons for it based on what has gone on there in the past.

In my husbands experiance with a U S Senator he found that they really dont & cant do much. It took two months to get any info at all & when they did send it; it was sent to the wrong address. In the end the good Senators staff member with 20 years experiance said he knew more about the case than they did. By the time he got the actual letter from their office the info was useless anyway. In reality they have no influence over USCIS. There is a reason they all have staff trained & payed to placate the tax payer. Its all they are good at.

My husband recently wrote to the White House about jobs. They responded by saying the President has meeting every day on the subject. My husband responded by figureing out the equated to over 600 meetings. He wrote to Obama saying that after 600 meetings he might want to change the players that cant find an answer. The President was out on the golf course so couldnt respond.

This country is amazing & provides a like to me that is unequaled. Its not the country. Its we the people that dont do anything anymore. We are responcible for what goes on. If we want change we will have to demand it in the proper accepted way.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

i am so sorry to here this.. i am engaged to a man from Morocco. Our application is in reveiw.. i hope and pray we do not have this problem.. If u feel going back and marring him will be the best option, then GET ON THE PLAIN!!!! best of luck to you!! plzz keep me posted thank you!!!

Timeline

Timeline

LoveNigarmostyle: Quick question for you. Did you hire Marc Ellis to help you in this process? In your opinion should we hire a lawyer or save our money for refiling? It is so hard to know what to do. In the next month or so I will be flying to Nigeria to marry my finace and start the process w the CR1 Visa. Wish I knew which way would be quicker....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.