AlexBa

K1 rejected NOW WHAT?

32 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

LoveNigarmostyle: Quick question for you. Did you hire Marc Ellis to help you in this process? In your opinion should we hire a lawyer or save our money for refiling? It is so hard to know what to do. In the next month or so I will be flying to Nigeria to marry my finace and start the process w the CR1 Visa. Wish I knew which way would be quicker....

Hiring a lawyer wont change the way the embassy viewed the quality or intent of your realtionship as they see it. Going there to marry in itself wont either. They could & probably would see that as an attempt to get a Green card. They have a certian mind set based on the reputation of Nigeria.

You will have to go there & marry as you say & then immediatly begin to construct a history of your realtionship. As soon as you are married you can petition for the C R 1. That process will take about 12 months. In that time you can work on evidence of the relationship. There is no faster way to get what you want.

Hopefully you can find others here on V J that have done exactly that & follow the example they set. I have seen posts from several that are very informed about Nigeria.

With the correct approach & planning this can be done. Its the passing of time that is required & the most difficult investment you will both have to make.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Hiring a lawyer wont change the way the embassy viewed the quality or intent of your realtionship as they see it. Going there to marry in itself wont either. They could & probably would see that as an attempt to get a Green card. They have a certian mind set based on the reputation of Nigeria.

You will have to go there & marry as you say & then immediatly begin to construct a history of your realtionship. As soon as you are married you can petition for the C R 1. That process will take about 12 months. In that time you can work on evidence of the relationship. There is no faster way to get what you want.

Hopefully you can find others here on V J that have done exactly that & follow the example they set. I have seen posts from several that are very informed about Nigeria.

With the correct approach & planning this can be done. Its the passing of time that is required & the most difficult investment you will both have to make.

Marriage itself won't solve the problem. My recommendation is to marry and spend significant time together as husband and wife between the wedding and the next visa interview. Think in terms of months, not weeks.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.