Lena and Igor

5 Days Post-POE - GREAT!

76 posts in this topic

why won't she use the clothes dryer?

Dry machine takes some getting used to. After a few times of hanging clothes in inclement weather, she'll come around.

She will not clean the lint filter.

My indication that my wife has been doing laundry.

if her man looks bad, she looks bad to other women.

This is basically the justification that I've had. She doesn't want me to bring down her status because I look so terrible.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

How? Like a malenki tornado! No questions asked. She just began picking through my clothes and boom!...suddenly many of my clothes disappeared. No questions...no answers. She follows the NIKE credo, "Just do it!" :-)

No question about the clothes! The problem is the deer head on the wall in (wait for it!) our BEDROOM. If I take this thing off, I'm in trouble :lol:

Вiрити нiкому не можна. Hавiть собi. Менi - можна ©

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guatemala
Timeline

I'm sorry to "butt in" here, but for me (a Guatemalan Girl that's doing her POE shortly) all these posts have been very amusing, laughable, and yes, have given me ideas for things I can do to my future hubby (muahahaha *evil laugh*) So keep 'em coming gentlemen... I want to know more, and more importantly... I want to know the secrets to not being doomed to the Walmart Clothes once I get there. xD (I mentioned there being lots of "Forever 21" shops around Dallas and I could hear the crickets on his side of the mic... haha)

Although this post was written with a comical sent to it, he does remind me constantly the importance of saving up, that $20.00 are not the same as my regular Q.20.00 of my native Guatemala, and that even if he makes the same amount of $$ I made in QQ the expenses of living are not the same.

Cheers and good day!!

Dee.

K1 VISA
01/07/2011-> Packet Sent.
01/12/2011-> NOA1
05/11/2011-> NOA2
05/19/2011-> NVC Receives we have our No.
05/20/2011-> Case sent to the Consulate.
05/25/2011-> Consulate Received Package.
05/28/2011-> Received Packet 4 with my Interview Letter.
06/01/2011-> Medical Exam.
07/14/2011-> Interview at 8:00 am. APPROVED!!!
07/18/2011-> Pick up Visa at the Embassy.
08/03/2011-> P.O.E.
10/15/2011-> MARRIED!

AOS

11/07/2011-> AOS Packet Sent.

11/10/2011-> NOA Date According email & online status.

11/19/2011-> Hard Copies & Biometrics App. Letter.

11/23/2011-> Biometrics Walk In. (Original App. 12/06/2011)

02/07/2012-> AOS transferred to CSC.

02/17/2012-> EAD Card Received in Mail.

05/04/2012-> Green Card Production Ordered.

05/10/2012-> Green Card and Welcome Letter Received.
ROC

02/03/2014-> ROC Packet Sent.

02/10/2014-> NOA1 Date according to Hard Copy.

03/11/2014-> Biometrics Date.

08/01/2014-> Approved (Letter Rcvd. 08/07/14)

08/14/2014-> 10 Year Green Card Received.

N-400

11/02/2015-> N-400 Packet Sent.

11/04/2015-> N-400 Packet Delivdered.

11/05/2015-> NOA1 Date according to Hard Copy.

12/01/2015-> Biometrics Date.

04/07/2016-> Civics Exam and Interview (Rescheduled from 03/01) PASSED!

04/27/2016-> Oath. I am a US Citizen. This is how this journey ends!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Ah yes... After 7 months, there are now curtains hanging in front of every window (instead of the blinds that the builder agreed to throw in when I bought the house) and any space visible to guests is now off-limits to storage. So far, I've managed to maintain control of the garage but I'm sure that too will end when she gets her license and own car. laughing.gif

And, speaking of garages, when the neighbor across the street dragged everything out of theirs to sell, the first thing she asked me was "People here sell their used things they don't want anymore? And, there are people who want to buy them?" She was amazed at the number of people that showed up all morning and afternoon long to look over and buy someone else's stuff.

N-400

Feb. 12, 2016 - Sent N-400 to USCIS (3-year rule)

Feb. 19, 2016 - NOA1

Mar. 14, 2016 - Biometrics

June 2, 2016 - Interview - Recommended for Approval

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Nor will Mrs. T-B., no man. Keep these stories coming, si man!

My wife has adjusted quite nicely to the clothes dryer and dishwasher after having only a washing machine in Bogota (which was more than the boulder, bucket and scrub brush combination used where her parents live.) During one of the first conversations she had with her mother after arriving, she told her mother how her coat was washed and dried in under 2 hours!

Oh, and yes, I was made to go through the wardrobe reduction/elimination process. Is this good? Or bad? Fit you or not? etc, etc, etc...

Edited by ryna

N-400

Feb. 12, 2016 - Sent N-400 to USCIS (3-year rule)

Feb. 19, 2016 - NOA1

Mar. 14, 2016 - Biometrics

June 2, 2016 - Interview - Recommended for Approval

Wow, where are you guys finding these women that have never seen a dishwasher? You see them even in "the village" these days. :blink:

“Insist on yourself; never imitate. Your own gift you can present every moment with the cumulative force of a whole life’s cultivation; but of the adopted talent of another, you have only an extemporaneous half-possession. That which each can do best, none but his Maker can teach him.” — Emerson

Wow, where are you guys finding these women that have never seen a dishwasher? You see them even in "the village" these days. :blink:

Oksana knows what a dishwasher is, she just does not see the need to use it. She keeps telling we have 2 already...Our Daughters :D

Dave

So why is she with you?

Something about a roller coaster and.... I couldn't directly translate the rest but she was out of breath when she was saying it. Her friend just said something like, mmmmm hmmmmmmm.

I mentioned there being lots of "Forever 21" shops around Dallas and I could hear the crickets on his side of the mic... haha)

Forever 21 is the spot!

I took my little brothers to the mall a few years ago and taught them how to strategically position themselves for peak female observation. "See, you want to be right between forever 21, victoria's secret, and the ladies room. Every single woman who's young and beautiful will go to all three of those places each time she visits the mall. If you sit right *here* you can make eye contact and smile at each one."

They thought I was a genius.

You won't see one at my house.

She keeps telling we have 2 already...Our Daughters :D

I tell my wife we have one (her) and she doesn't respond too well.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Oksana knows what a dishwasher is, she just does not see the need to use it. She keeps telling we have 2 already...Our Daughters :D

LOL!

“Insist on yourself; never imitate. Your own gift you can present every moment with the cumulative force of a whole life’s cultivation; but of the adopted talent of another, you have only an extemporaneous half-possession. That which each can do best, none but his Maker can teach him.” — Emerson

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

I'm sorry to "butt in" here, but for me (a Guatemalan Girl that's doing her POE shortly) all these posts have been very amusing, laughable, and yes, have given me ideas for things I can do to my future hubby (muahahaha *evil laugh*) So keep 'em coming gentlemen... I want to know more, and more importantly... I want to know the secrets to not being doomed to the Walmart Clothes once I get there. xD (I mentioned there being lots of "Forever 21" shops around Dallas and I could hear the crickets on his side of the mic... haha)

Although this post was written with a comical sent to it, he does remind me constantly the importance of saving up, that $20.00 are not the same as my regular Q.20.00 of my native Guatemala, and that even if he makes the same amount of $$ I made in QQ the expenses of living are not the same.

Cheers and good day!!

Dee.

I've never bought clothes at Walmart, but forever21 is very cheap. My jeans cost 11.50$.

Первый блин комом.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Ah yes... After 7 months, there are now curtains hanging in front of every window (instead of the blinds that the builder agreed to throw in when I bought the house) and any space visible to guests is now off-limits to storage. So far, I've managed to maintain control of the garage but I'm sure that too will end when she gets her license and own car. laughing.gif

And, speaking of garages, when the neighbor across the street dragged everything out of theirs to sell, the first thing she asked me was "People here sell their used things they don't want anymore? And, there are people who want to buy them?" She was amazed at the number of people that showed up all morning and afternoon long to look over and buy someone else's stuff.

I have only the room above the garage now and a corner of the basement for my reloading stuff. :lol:

Speking of garages, Alla backed out yesterday and I STILL cannot figure out why she has to take the wheel and start cranking it one way or the other when she backs out! She goes striaght in, just go straight out! But she comes out in some convoluted S curve that ends up having one fender or the other barely clear the edge of the door. I cannot figure out the difficulty she has! :lol:

Oh yeah, Alla was thrown off by garage sales..."What is it?" When you tell her she had the usual response "Vooooooowhat? I want to look at it...POYDEM!" :lol:

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

if you're here just to stir things up, you may find yourself the winner of today's thread ban award.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Same thing happened at my house. ALL my work clothes, the ones with some paint or grease stains, were gone. Thrown out. What am I supposed to wear when working on the car or painting? My wife would also not use the clothes dryer. I had to put up a clothes line outside. Was OK until Florida rainy season. Now she only uses the dryer. Also, she saw the dishwasher and asked "what is this?" "Can we get rid of it?" We are using the dishwasher a lot more now, but not always.

Tanya always uses the clothes dryer after I explained its operation. I ask her to use the dishwasher once a month so the plastic tubing doesn't dry out and crack. It gathers cobwebs:-) As far as shopping there is an express bus to the mall with Penney's and Macy's. Ive tried to explain that 80% off really isn't 80% off to no avail. She is amazed at the low cost of clothing here. Every once and a while I get a frown at a fashion choice I have made for myself--but I'm like Slim--unflappable and unchangeable in the fashion sphere:-) She has gone more casual for trips to Walmart and the corner market. She even wears her "inside casual" clothes on trip trips to the ice cream joint in the car. I tease her that she is now an "American Girl."

Edited by Tanya and Barry

I-129F Sent : 2010-01-16
Visa Approved!!: 2010-04-20
Visa Received: 2010-04-28
POE Chicago: 2010-05-01
Married: 2010-06-30
AOS filed: 2011-01-25
AOS Approved: 2011-03-25

ROC Approved 06-2013

Citizen 09-14

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.