Lena and Igor

5 Days Post-POE - GREAT!

76 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
you guys kill me. :rofl:
First the ties, then you, si man. :devil:

By the way, do RUB wives insist on their husbands' changing wardrobes? I was informed by Mrs. T-B. that she nearly walked out of our very first face-to-face meeting because I was wearing a UGS (Ugly Gringo Shirt). Another guy who brought his Ecu wife-to-be here had it worse -- just about the instant she came through the door, she went through his closet and threw away anything that she considered to be unacceptable. She also made him take his antlered deer-head off the den wall, sigh man, and many other outrageous inequities.

Fortunately, Mrs. T-B.-to-be simply nagged me until I got the picture and (1) no longer brought UGSs to Ecuador; and (2) reluctantly donated my plentiful wardrobeful of UGSs to Goodwill or wherever (& didn't buy them back). I wonder what the husband-of-RUB-babe experience is, huh man.

Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

do RUB wives insist on their husbands' changing wardrobes?

After a few years, they give up.

My Mrs. (who doesn't like to be referred to as "Mrs. Slim") tried and tried and tried to get me to stop dressing like "bumzh" (Russian word for.... you guessed it. Bum.) and start wearing "fashionable and high development culture costumes." I refused. I will not wear a man purse. I will not spend hundreds of dollars on clothing just because it's "fashon-able" (two words) and yes, I will wear the same underwear I wore last century.

I am a man.

I'm not a pretty metrodude with highlights. I don't own hair care products. Lotion is for lubrication, not skin care. I refuse to look in the mirror more than once before I leave the house. I wear the cleanest and least smelly clothes I have without regard for matching or wrinkles. Clothes are to cover up my man parts so all the other women don't try to hook up with me too.

Eventually, she gave up on dressing up to go to the grocery store and when she did that, she started letting up on me too. She still doesn't like to be seen in public with me "look at me... and look at you. You like bumzh. How can event this beautiful, gorgeous, hot and sexy woman be out whis horrible and nasty, fat, greasy bumzh man?"

Hang in there. It gets better.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline
After a few years, they give up. [...] Hang in there. It gets better.
So funny, and so true, si man. Anyone else wish to report?

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

After only one week, there are two big black garbage bags full of my clothing Lena despises. Now I am left with 4 pair of modern (her word) jeans.

Off topic: why won't she use the clothes dryer? I showed her how.

Igor

September 7, 2009 - met Lena online
October 20, 2010 - First Meeting in Kharkov
Oct 20, 2010 - Engaged
December 3, 2010 - Filed I-129F
December 16, 2010 - NOA-1 notification
December 30, 2010 - Second Visit to Kharkov
February 8, 2011 - Touched
April 18, 2011 - NOA-2 notification
April 18, 2011 - Petition at NVC
April 25, 2011 - Medical Exam
April 26, 2011 - Received at Embassy
April 27, 28, 29, 2011 - Repeat medical (passed medical)
May 5, 2011 - Packet #4 received by mail in Ukraine
June 17, 2011 - Interview scheduled 9:00 AM
June 17, 2011 - Visa approved
June 18, 2011 - Interview Review posted
July 11, 2011 - POE - Detroit
July 17, 2011 - Applied for Marriage License
July 17, 2011 - Applied for SSN
August 17, 2011 - Married in Russian Orthodox Church - Detroit
November 11, 2011 - Submitted AOS/EAD/AP
January 3, 2012 - NOA 1
February 7, 2012 - Still no Biometrics appointment
February 10, 2012 - Service Request - no Biometrics appointment to date
February 29, 2012 - Infopass appointment Detroit (no Biometrics appointment letter - over 40 days)
March 9, 2012 - Biometrics
March 12, 2012 - EAD card production email received
March 23, 2012 - EAD received
March 24, 2012 - AOS interview appointment for April 24, 2012 (Detroit)
April 24, 2012 - AOS approved!
May 2, 2012 - 2 year provisional Green Card received
June 2, 2012 - First job - Russian Kindergarden in Oak Park, Michigan

Feb 5, 2014 - I-751 sent

Sept 19, 2014 - RFE

Nov 3, 2014 - Case moved to Detroit Field Office

Dec 29, 2014 - ROC Interview - Detroit Field Office

Feb 16, 2015 - I-751 approved after 2nd interview

Feb 18, 2015 - I 551 stamp in passport

Mar 5, 2015 - 10 year Permanent Resident Status

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I have only one question.

She also made him take his antlered deer-head off the den wall, sigh man, and many other outrageous inequities.

How did she do that? She can contact me and share the secret :lol:

As for the clothes, my fiance lets me pick it for him, but I try to get something that resembles whatever he is used to. Worked out great so far. Plus he hates shopping and he's glad that I can do it for him :yes:

Вiрити нiкому не можна. Hавiть собi. Менi - можна ©

So funny, and so true, si man. Anyone else wish to report?

My situation's a little different because we lived together in Kyiv for some time before coming to the US, but even so I don't think she ever tried making radical changes in the way I dress. Maybe it's just because I was such a "posh" dresser already. :P What she does do, however, is throw out any sock that even starts to thin out or has a hole. And I can't be sure, but I think I've had some older t-shirts that have become "disappeared" too. But I remember that shortly after we started living together, you could see the tumbleweeds drifting across my sock drawer.

“Insist on yourself; never imitate. Your own gift you can present every moment with the cumulative force of a whole life’s cultivation; but of the adopted talent of another, you have only an extemporaneous half-possession. That which each can do best, none but his Maker can teach him.” — Emerson

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

After only one week, there are two big black garbage bags full of my clothing Lena despises. Now I am left with 4 pair of modern (her word) jeans.

Igor

Same thing happened at my house. ALL my work clothes, the ones with some paint or grease stains, were gone. Thrown out. What am I supposed to wear when working on the car or painting? My wife would also not use the clothes dryer. I had to put up a clothes line outside. Was OK until Florida rainy season. Now she only uses the dryer. Also, she saw the dishwasher and asked "what is this?" "Can we get rid of it?" We are using the dishwasher a lot more now, but not always.

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

By the way, do RUB wives insist on their husbands' changing wardrobes? I was informed by Mrs. T-B. that she nearly walked out of our very first face-to-face meeting because I was wearing a UGS (Ugly Gringo Shirt). Another guy who brought his Ecu wife-to-be here had it worse -- just about the instant she came through the door, she went through his closet and threw away anything that she considered to be unacceptable. She also made him take his antlered deer-head off the den wall, sigh man, and many other outrageous inequities.

Fortunately, Mrs. T-B.-to-be simply nagged me until I got the picture and (1) no longer brought UGSs to Ecuador; and (2) reluctantly donated my plentiful wardrobeful of UGSs to Goodwill or wherever (& didn't buy them back). I wonder what the husband-of-RUB-babe experience is, huh man.

Alla did not so much, but she changed all the furniture, drapes, cooking utensils, towels, sheets, My wardrobe was OK but she will give me the "You AREN'T wearing THAT" look sometimes when we go out. I bought a suit (2nd hand) for our wedding and haven't worn it since. The tie got lost when we moved. Dammit. I gave up suits years ago, even when I was supposed to wear them for work but just decided I would not.

Maybe it's just because I was such a "posh" dresser already. :P

Maybe

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Igor

Alla will not use the dishwasher. She will put dishes in and then call me to "add the chemical and start the machine" :wacko: She has no problem with the washer and dryer but at first she said "I do not need the dry machine" uh-huh. She used it ONCE and discovered she did not have to iron ALL her clothes (she still irons some clothes) and she was hooked! She will not clean the lint filter. :lol:

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Don't forget that the standard for RUB women is that they are supposed to look better than their men, and supposed to look better than other women their men may look at it. While we rave about the appearance of RUB women, RUB men generally leave a lot to be desired. :lol: And that is when they aren't drunk and fighting. But she does not want to be seen with me if I am wearing the clothes I use to paint the house. I would say shoes are most important to her and that the clothes be clean when she is seen with me. They also have the stigma that since it is the woman's job to care about the man, if her man looks bad, she looks bad to other women. Horror! But the man does not have to be a fashion pate, just clean and presentable will work, sober is a big plus. And calm and quiet, not "yelling and crying like a girl", throwing manhole covers, etc. :lol:

Edited by Gary and Alla

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Don't forget that the standard for RUB women is that they are supposed to look better than their men

laughing.gif

At least look in synch.

My mom used to say - your man is your face. Then where is mine?, I asked her. Later I discovered this - show me your wife and I would tell who you are.

Edited by Ellie-n-Vladimir

У нашому регiонi цей чорт зветься — шахтар

Timeline
She will not clean the lint filter. :lol:
Nor will Mrs. T-B., no man. Keep these stories coming, si man!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

She still doesn't like to be seen in public with me "look at me... and look at you. You like bumzh. How can event this beautiful, gorgeous, hot and sexy woman be out whis horrible and nasty, fat, greasy bumzh man?"

That's a very good question. How?

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

I have only one question.

How did she do that? She can contact me and share the secret :lol:

As for the clothes, my fiance lets me pick it for him, but I try to get something that resembles whatever he is used to. Worked out great so far. Plus he hates shopping and he's glad that I can do it for him :yes:

How? Like a malenki tornado! No questions asked. She just began picking through my clothes and boom!...suddenly many of my clothes disappeared. No questions...no answers. She follows the NIKE credo, "Just do it!" :-)

September 7, 2009 - met Lena online
October 20, 2010 - First Meeting in Kharkov
Oct 20, 2010 - Engaged
December 3, 2010 - Filed I-129F
December 16, 2010 - NOA-1 notification
December 30, 2010 - Second Visit to Kharkov
February 8, 2011 - Touched
April 18, 2011 - NOA-2 notification
April 18, 2011 - Petition at NVC
April 25, 2011 - Medical Exam
April 26, 2011 - Received at Embassy
April 27, 28, 29, 2011 - Repeat medical (passed medical)
May 5, 2011 - Packet #4 received by mail in Ukraine
June 17, 2011 - Interview scheduled 9:00 AM
June 17, 2011 - Visa approved
June 18, 2011 - Interview Review posted
July 11, 2011 - POE - Detroit
July 17, 2011 - Applied for Marriage License
July 17, 2011 - Applied for SSN
August 17, 2011 - Married in Russian Orthodox Church - Detroit
November 11, 2011 - Submitted AOS/EAD/AP
January 3, 2012 - NOA 1
February 7, 2012 - Still no Biometrics appointment
February 10, 2012 - Service Request - no Biometrics appointment to date
February 29, 2012 - Infopass appointment Detroit (no Biometrics appointment letter - over 40 days)
March 9, 2012 - Biometrics
March 12, 2012 - EAD card production email received
March 23, 2012 - EAD received
March 24, 2012 - AOS interview appointment for April 24, 2012 (Detroit)
April 24, 2012 - AOS approved!
May 2, 2012 - 2 year provisional Green Card received
June 2, 2012 - First job - Russian Kindergarden in Oak Park, Michigan

Feb 5, 2014 - I-751 sent

Sept 19, 2014 - RFE

Nov 3, 2014 - Case moved to Detroit Field Office

Dec 29, 2014 - ROC Interview - Detroit Field Office

Feb 16, 2015 - I-751 approved after 2nd interview

Feb 18, 2015 - I 551 stamp in passport

Mar 5, 2015 - 10 year Permanent Resident Status

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.