268 posts in this topic

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we received our RFE letter too...they lost our page 5 of the affidavit of support...

sorry to hear about this..i heard alot of rfe lately and few of them are uscis negligence and losing some of our papers that causes rfe and causing delay on our end..uscis sucks sometimes... :angry:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I haven't heard of anyone on here having problems doing an early walk-in. I think it does speed the process...we did an early walk in about 10 days ago, and this morning we have received our interview date already. Our original biometrics appointment wasn't even scheduled until August 15th.

Tried walk in for biometrics. Was turned down (unless you have a valid reason for not keeping up with the actual date). Well, it was worth a shot. Will go on the actual appt date now.

Tried walk in for biometrics. Was turned down (unless you have a valid reason for not keeping up with the actual date). Well, it was worth a shot. Will go on the actual appt date now.

sorry to hear that.In my own case I told them I had a job interview coming up on the date of the Biometrics.

filed 9th of July

delivered 11th July

got NOA 20th of July

Got RFE for I-485 28th July

Mailed in RFE 9th Oct

RFE received 12th Oct

RFE review 12th Oct

Contacted congressman Oct 17th

Faxed documents to congressman Oct 17th

EAD Approved 19th Oct

EAD Received 27th Oct

Interview 8th Dec

Approved 8th Dec

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

We got married July 1 and sent in our packet on July 2!

Any other July filers yet?

Hi!

Did you get the marriage certificate same day as your wedding? We got married on July 30 and the marriage certificate is still not available on the county recorder's website, so my AOS package is complete but we're still waiting for the marriage certificate.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Went today in Philadelphia (actual date wasn't until Aug. 29th) and they didn't even mention the date - in and out in about 20 mins. Sorry to hear!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malawi
Timeline

Oh noooo... bummer.

Hi!

Did you get the marriage certificate same day as your wedding? We got married on July 30 and the marriage certificate is still not available on the county recorder's website, so my AOS package is complete but we're still waiting for the marriage certificate.

Yes we did, but we were just married at the courthouse. I think when you get your certificate varies from state to state or even county to county.

K-1 Visa
05/17/2010 – Petition mailed to USCIS via certified return receipt.
05/27/2010 – NOA1 issued
06/03/2010 – Touch/NOA1 hard copy received in US Mail
10/27/2010 – 5 month mark
10/28/2010 – Spoke to USCIS representative – 'still pending'
11/04/2010 – Spoke to USCIS representative – 'still pending', but service request generated
11/05/2010 – Notified that background checks are not complete - looks like we're in for a looong wait...
12/07/2010 – Received email notification of NOA2
12/16/2010 – NVC sent the case to Embassy in Malawi
02/28/2011 – Interview
03/14/2011 – VISA APPROVED!
05/04/2011 – Fiance and I came back to the U.S. together! smile.png
07/01/2011 – Married!

AOS
07/02/2011 – I-485 packet mailed to USCIS via certified return receipt.
07/06/2011 – Packet accepted.
07/07/2011 – Check cashed and NOA1 issued.
07/22/2011 – Received biometrics letter.
07/29/2011 – Biometrics completed (walk-in)
08/23/2011 – EAD Approved
08/31/2011 – EAD card arrived in the mail.
09/12/2011 – AOS interview - APPROVED! GC production ordered
09/21/2011 – Green Card received!!!

Removal of Conditions

06/13/2013 - I-751 packet mailed to USCIS via certified return receipt.

06/17/2013 - NOA issued

06/19/2013 - Check cashed

06/21/2013 - Received NOA in mail.

06/26/2013 - Received biometrics letter.

07/02/2013 - Biometrics completed (walk-in)

11/18/2013 - APPROVED! Card production ordered

To everybody who have filed their AOS, I need your help. Im starting to fill-up the forms and I dont know what to write on some of the questions, please help me.I want to make sure what i've written is right before submitting it.

These are some of my concerns:

FORM I-485

1. non-immigrant visa number - is that the number written on the upper right side of the visa? it consist of 14 numbers but on the visa it says control number

2. I-94 # - is this the same as the number on the departure record written on the upper left side? consist of 11 numbers and it says admission number

3. Place of last entry into the united states - I came from Toronto,Canada and thats where I was inspected by a U.S. Immigration officer. Flew to Cincinnati, Ohio. What place will I write to my last entry to U.S.?

G-325 BIOGRAPHIC INFORMATION

1. I have the A# on my visa,Is the A# the same as the alien registration number and file number?

It says on the form that the File number starts with A and also the alien registration number it starts with A

I THANK YOU FOR YOUR IMMEDIATE REPLY.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

To everybody who have filed their AOS, I need your help. Im starting to fill-up the forms and I dont know what to write on some of the questions, please help me.I want to make sure what i've written is right before submitting it.

I THANK YOU FOR YOUR IMMEDIATE REPLY.[/size]

:ot2:

Please don't use this post for your application questions and create your own post. This is for July 2011 fillers.

US citizen since April 2016

ROC completed April 2014

AOS from K1 completed February 2012

:ot2:

Please don't use this post for your application questions and create your own post. This is for July 2011 fillers.

Sorry about that, but i thought since everybody have already filed their adjustment of status, i thought they could help me with my concerns.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Sorry about that, but i thought since everybody have already filed their adjustment of status, i thought they could help me with my concerns.

They will on your post :)

US citizen since April 2016

ROC completed April 2014

AOS from K1 completed February 2012

Timeline

These are some of my concerns:

FORM I-485

1. non-immigrant visa number - is that the number written on the upper right side of the visa? it consist of 14 numbers but on the visa it says control number

*** its the number in RED on right hand side of the visa

2. I-94 # - is this the same as the number on the departure record written on the upper left side? consist of 11 numbers and it says admission number

** it should say I-94 number on the card

3. Place of last entry into the united states - I came from Toronto,Canada and thats where I was inspected by a U.S. Immigration officer. Flew to Cincinnati, Ohio. What place will I write to my last entry to U.S.?

** Port of entry should be cincinnati. Cross check with the stamp on your I-94 card or passport page. there should be a stamp with initials of port of entry. (e.g for chicago..it says CHI)

G-325 BIOGRAPHIC INFORMATION

1. I have the A# on my visa,Is the A# the same as the alien registration number and file number?

** Doesn't really matter. They will assign you a new one. I put in what i had on my OPT card but had new A number assigned in my NOA.

It says on the form that the File number starts with A and also the alien registration number it starts with A

I THANK YOU FOR YOUR IMMEDIATE REPLY.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

They finally cashed our check and we received sms that our case was received on August 9th (wife's birthday). We filed on July 18th. Better late than never.

Timeline

They finally cashed our check and we received sms that our case was received on August 9th (wife's birthday). We filed on July 18th. Better late than never.

What better day than wife's birthday. Good luck for next steps!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.