6 posts in this topic

Hi anyone can help me.What if my bf cannot provide his 2010 federal tax return?coz his wife did not do there 2007,2008,2009 tax return.so now they are 1 year separated and just recently divorced.all he can provide is

business bank statement,house,car asset,money in the bank that shows $30 Thousand dollars in the bank.

He needs to file his back taxes. You will also need these at AOS stage. They will check to see if he has filed his taxes, and he is required to do so by law.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: Timeline

Hi anyone can help me.What if my bf cannot provide his 2010 federal tax return?coz his wife did not do there 2007,2008,2009 tax return.so now they are 1 year separated and just recently divorced.all he can provide is

business bank statement,house,car asset,money in the bank that shows $30 Thousand dollars in the bank.

US citizens are required to file federal tax returns if they make the minimum to file. It doesn't matter that his wife did not file her return for 2007, 2008, and 2009. He is responsible for filing his tax returns. He needs to file those returns. It's his obligation. It doesn't matter how much money he has, he needs to meet his obligation to file tax returns.

If he cannot provide tax returns for the last three years, there is no way for you to get a K1 visa.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

That's not an acceptable reason. He needs to get his taxes taken care if you two want to get a visa and then live together in the US.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

This is simple to resolve. File the back tax returns and include requisite year copies in your AOS package. You do not need to wait for IRS adjudication of the returns, they just need to be filed (e.g. in the hands of the IRS). If checked by USCIS, the IRS record will reflect that the returns were filed. This is all about income verification, in support of the I-864.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Well he needs to file taxes and you need to be engaged to be married, i.e. he needs to be your fiance, not your bf, to be eligible for the visa.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.