clueless_in_usa

The wife wants to return to Russia

200 posts in this topic

I read this thread with interest for quite a few days now and tried to learn something about the psyche of the Russian people. Now it's becoming painful for me, so before I turn my back on it I'll do what Bob can do so well: chime in, then turn around and leave, finding sanity again.

Ya'll may remember this dude in the woods of . . . was it Oregon or Colorado . . . who was trapped after some really hardcore rock climbing. After being stuck for a day or two, he realized that he had only once choice in order to escape and to survive: cut off his foot with the pocket knife he had.

He did it.

:crying:

I don't think I would have had the balls to do that. Life is precious and it's probably human nature to do anything to survive, but we're not all cut out for doing things like that to ourselves. In the same category of cutting off one's leg I would put jumping off a train at high speed, laying down on railroad tracks and let the train run over me, or moving to Russia or another sh*thole in the world, if there's any way to avoid it.

So if there's this guy who puts a gun at my head and say: either you jump off this train or you move to Russia, or I'm gonna cut off your balls and then shoot you in the back, it's something to think about. But if my wife wanted to move to Russia, I would wish her farewell and the best of luck for the rest of her natural life. Life it precious, too precious to #### it up like that.

Nothing personal, just my 3 cents.

+1

There's not enough money in this world for me to live in Russia...no fcking way.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

I read this thread with interest for quite a few days now and tried to learn something about the psyche of the Russian people. Now it's becoming painful for me, so before I turn my back on it I'll do what Bob can do so well: chime in, then turn around and leave, finding sanity again.

Ya'll may remember this dude in the woods of . . . was it Oregon or Colorado . . . who was trapped after some really hardcore rock climbing. After being stuck for a day or two, he realized that he had only once choice in order to escape and to survive: cut off his foot with the pocket knife he had.

He did it.

:crying:

I don't think I would have had the balls to do that. Life is precious and it's probably human nature to do anything to survive, but we're not all cut out for doing things like that to ourselves. In the same category of cutting off one's leg I would put jumping off a train at high speed, laying down on railroad tracks and let the train run over me, or moving to Russia or another sh*thole in the world, if there's any way to avoid it.

So if there's this guy who puts a gun at my head and say: either you jump off this train or you move to Russia, or I'm gonna cut off your balls and then shoot you in the back, it's something to think about. But if my wife wanted to move to Russia, I would wish her farewell and the best of luck for the rest of her natural life. Life it precious, too precious to #### it up like that.

Nothing personal, just my 3 cents.

Ever been to Russia? Just wondering where you get your impression that it's a "sh*thole." Yeah I'm sure you can point out a few examples, but it's a big country.

“Insist on yourself; never imitate. Your own gift you can present every moment with the cumulative force of a whole life’s cultivation; but of the adopted talent of another, you have only an extemporaneous half-possession. That which each can do best, none but his Maker can teach him.” — Emerson

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Ever been to Russia? Just wondering where you get your impression that it's a "sh*thole." Yeah I'm sure you can point out a few examples, but it's a big country.

:thumbs:

Вiрити нiкому не можна. Hавiть собi. Менi - можна ©

:lol:

Big country = big sh*t hole

Outside of Moscow Russia is one giant sh*thole. If there were ever an example of somewhere in Russia not being a sh*thole, it would have made news by now. Travel through Russia and let us know where in Russia it's not a sh*thole, then get back to use on that.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

:lol:

Big country = big sh*t hole

Outside of Moscow Russia is one giant sh*thole. If there were ever an example of somewhere in Russia not being a sh*thole, it would have made news by now. Travel through Russia and let us know where in Russia it's not a sh*thole, then get back to use on that.

You ever been to Altai, Baikal, or Krasnoyarsk? How about St. Pete or Irkutsk? You live in Alaska for crying out loud. Enough said.

Also, in regards to self amputation, it was his arm and he was in Utah.

Edited by SMR

Timeline

My city is not :P

St. Petesrburg is definitely not.

Kazan is pretty nice, Sochi etc.

There are nice places, so stop insulting my country. I love it. And I know it better.

Вiрити нiкому не можна. Hавiть собi. Менi - можна ©

You ever been to Altai, Baikal, or Krasnoyarsk? How about St. Pete or Irkutsk? You live in Alaska for crying out loud. Enough said.

Been to Smolensk, Moscow, St. Petes, Magadan, and Sakhalin.

So are you saying Altai, Baikal, Irkutsk, and Krasnoyarsk aren't sh*t holes ? Explain what makes them "not sh*t holes". From what Iv'e seen in Russia...wild f*cking horses couldn't make me live there. No way in h*ll. Western Europe yes...Russia...not even. I like my conveniences too much for that #######...call me spoiled.

As far as Alaska goes...it's ten times what Russia is. I can still remember when the Russians stole everything in the work camps (Atco trailers) including the light bulbs and towels. They have nothing on us other than the most sexiest and beautiful women in the world. But ya, I like my clothes dryers and elevators along with actual paved roads too much myself to ever see myself going through that ####### again.

There are nice places, so stop insulting my country. I love it. And I know it better.

Russia has some upscale neighborhoods in most every large city...those aren't so bad. But to live there...nope, no way.

Edited by Why_Me

sigbet.jpg

Filed: Country: Netherlands
Timeline

I want to go back too and see more!

Liefde is een bloem zo teer dat hij knakt bij de minste aanraking en zo sterk dat niets zijn groei in de weg staat

event.png

IK HOU VAN JOU, MARK

.png

Take a large, almost round, rotating sphere about 8000 miles in diameter, surround it with a murky, viscous atmosphere of gases mixed with water vapor, tilt its axis so it wobbles back and forth with respect to a source of heat and light, freeze it at both ends and roast it in the middle, cover most of its surface with liquid that constantly feeds vapor into the atmosphere as the sphere tosses billions of gallons up and down to the rhythmic pulling of a captive satellite and the sun. Then try to predict the conditions of that atmosphere over a small area within a 5 mile radius for a period of one to five days in advance!

---

I want to go back too and see more!

Me also. But it's a no go unless the wife leaves me. I had an offer to work for CH2MHILL over there and she sh*t a brick. For some strange reason she doesn't trust me. :unsure:

sigbet.jpg

Filed: Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Me also. But it's a no go unless the wife leaves me. I had an offer to work for CH2MHILL over there and she sh*t a brick. For some strange reason she doesn't trust me. :unsure:

can't she go too? What's CH2MHILL?

Liefde is een bloem zo teer dat hij knakt bij de minste aanraking en zo sterk dat niets zijn groei in de weg staat

event.png

IK HOU VAN JOU, MARK

.png

Take a large, almost round, rotating sphere about 8000 miles in diameter, surround it with a murky, viscous atmosphere of gases mixed with water vapor, tilt its axis so it wobbles back and forth with respect to a source of heat and light, freeze it at both ends and roast it in the middle, cover most of its surface with liquid that constantly feeds vapor into the atmosphere as the sphere tosses billions of gallons up and down to the rhythmic pulling of a captive satellite and the sun. Then try to predict the conditions of that atmosphere over a small area within a 5 mile radius for a period of one to five days in advance!

---

I wanted to go to Pete the last time I was abroad, and just couldn't make it. But next time, definitely! Every country has its bad sides, but generalizing an entire country--especially one that covers so much geography and culture--is silly. There's a lot to experience and enjoy about that part of the world. Sochi's another city I'd like to spend more time in, and then there's my big dream of going on one of those wilderness tours in Siberia and getting completely shut off from the rest of the world for a couple weeks. :thumbs:

“Insist on yourself; never imitate. Your own gift you can present every moment with the cumulative force of a whole life’s cultivation; but of the adopted talent of another, you have only an extemporaneous half-possession. That which each can do best, none but his Maker can teach him.” — Emerson

can't she go too? What's CH2MHILL?

She's under contract here with the hospital and she has her classes on top of that...so nope, she would have had to stay here. For some strange reason she thinks I'm going to screw everything on two legs over there so she went into one of her temper tantrums. That offer is off the table and that's life... :angry:

CH2MHILL specializes in water systems here and in Europe. They bought out VECO a few years back and now they graduated to oil production since then as sub contractors. I worked for them a few years back in 2006 and before that in 2000 - 2001 in Russia (Sakhalin Island).

That's me when I worked for them back in '06. That pic was taken on the Arctic Ocean ...in March or February I'm thinking.

meveco06.jpg

sigbet.jpg

Timeline

That's me when I worked for them back in '06. That pic was taken on the Arctic Ocean ...in March or February I'm thinking.

meveco06.jpg

I thought I saw this guy on Ice Road Truckers last season...LOL

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

If you suck at playing the trumpet, that may be why.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I don't know about Russia, but I would cut my arm off to get out of Utah!

Edited by Gary and Alla

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.