lilly1986

VISITING FIANCE IN THE US

26 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

This really wasn't that complicated of a question. I think Lea (Lilly1986) was just seeking reassurance. Need more love people.....MORE love.

You're right, it wasn't complicated, and it got answered :thumbs:

Maybe my last post wasn't obvious, but I was agreeing with Lilly1986 about the baffling comments made by aguilayserpiente.

adu7iqzpc.png

Filed: Timeline

Does the officer see that i have a pending petition/visa?

No. The only way they will know is if you let them know. Make sure you bring a copy of the NOA so they will see you are doing things legally. For some members, that proof was the deciding factor on whether to let them enter the US.

iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi my dear VJers...i know this has been discussed a lot, but still i am worried. we have filled our petition for the K1 Visa on may 13th; NOA1 is from may 19th. i booked tickets to see my fiance (the USC) in august for his b-day. I will stay 12 days. Will i be ok? i have the binding ties. I am from germany so not from a fraud country...Does the officer see that i have a pending petition/visa? I am especially looking for an answer to my last question because i can not find any answer to that!

Thanks so much in advance, and any help is really appreciated!!!

Love from Germany, lea

Hey Lea,

I don't have much of an answer to your last question... but, for what it's worth, from what I've read in other posts the immigration officer does not see that you have a pending I-129f petition. I entered the US on Sunday to visit my fiance, and the IO didn't even bat an eye when I told him I was visiting my fiance. He didn't ask anything about my being engaged. I had proof of strong ties with me, but I didn't need to show anything. My whole interaction with him lasted maybe 30 seconds, then he stamped my passport and I was on my way. I hope this helps! :)

Naturalization Journey

02-08-2016: N-400 sent

03-08-2016: Biometrics appointment

03-11-2016: Notification "in-line for interview"

04-04-2016: Received interview letter (for May 11)

05-11-2016: Interview (passed!)

06-27-2016: Oath ceremony-->I'm a US citizen!

ROC Journey

06-16-2014: I-751 application package sent to VSC

06-20-2014: Date of NOA1

07-18-2014: Biometrics appointment

11-18-2014: Case transferred to CSC

02-24-2015: ROC approved!!

AOS Journey
02-06-2012: I-485 (plus I-765 and I-131) sent
02-14-2012: Requested an expedite of my EAD due to job offer
02-29-2012: Contacted congressman to help with EAD expedite request
03-02-2012: EAD + AP approved! (Day 25)
09-27-2012: Green card received! (no interview!)

K-1 Visa Journey
05-18-2011: NOA1
11-21-2011: NOA2 *only* 187 days from NOA1!
01-05-2012: Interview at consulate in Vancouver, Canada - visa approved!!!!
01-18-2012: Wedding!!! Yay! We are married!!!

Filed: Timeline

That post completely baffled me too! :blink:

Oh, I wasn't talking about you. There have been some unnecessarily harsh people on VJ lately. I think they're grumpy waiting. I know this is tough. Trust me...I'm impatient myself. Just seeing people be horrible to others in the same boat. Makes me frown.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Belgium
Timeline

I've been 2 times in the USA now while my k1 is pending. The only thing they asked was 'business or pleasure ?' I just said pleasure and I was good to go :)

If they don't ask, don't tell

I always print my return ticket but they have never asked for it so far

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

This really wasn't that complicated of a question. I think Lea (Lilly1986) was just seeking reassurance. Need more love people.....MORE love.

awww thx, sweetie :) sending a lot of love to u too and everyone else who was helping me out!!

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

thx everyone! i should be fine! It surprises me tho that the officers always let u go so easy....they askin me EVERYTIME when i say "visting friends" " boy or girl? do u have a boyfriend"..(and this was before filing for k1) my answer always is "both. i know a lot of people, i went to college there"...then they always let me go of course. i was just a little insecure but now i feel better!!THX

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

wow i read this 5 times now and i have to admit i have a hard time understanding what u r trying to say...guess my english kinda sucks sometimes....i will def not withdrawl the petition, that would be stupid....are u trying to say that i should better not visit?

and yes i do appreciate living in europe and i love it but i love him more :-) we have our reasons to live there and not here....i will def bring my european spirit to the US :-) been there, done that :-)

love from germany!

My fault. The two separate requests with different intent to enter the US create a conflict.

May 14, 2011 Mailed K1 Petition to Lewisville, Texas Lockbox

May 18, 2011 Notice of Receipt via email

May 18, 2011 Notice Petition forwarded to California Service Center

May 19, 2011 Notice of Receipt from Laguna Niguel, California, Service Center

August 2, 2011 Request for Evidence

August 31, 2011 Evidence tendered to Laguna Niguel, Service Center

September 14, 2011 Notice of Action, "Petition approved."

September 29, 2011 Notice Petition forwarded to embassy in Lima, from National Visa Center, Portsmouth, NH,

October 3, 2011, email sent to embassy in Lima, re: change of address for fiancée.

October 5, 2011 email response from embassy in Lima, re: procedure for change of address

October 22, 2011 received packet from embassy in Lima with Nov. 2, 2011 appointment date.

November 2, 2011 finacée interviewed by consular staff in Lima.

November 2, 2011 Yellow sheet issued requesting more information.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

One is to Immigrate at a later point, one is to visit now. No conflict.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

I've visited my fiance in America many times now, the first time I stayed 1mth, and the subsequent times I stayed the full 3 months on the Visa Waiver Programme. I'm visiting now, I'm due to leave in 4 weeks. I've been here since May 9th.

You should be fine, answer any questions honestly and if need be explain that you are applying for K1 visa and visiting to gain proof of relationship to substantiate your application.

I've only had a problem getting in one time, my fiance spoke to the boarder officer and I was good to go.

I did however make sure that I was out of the country for the same period of time that I was in it. So I've essentially rotated 3mth in, 3mths out, 3mth in, 3mths out for 2 years nearly. They haven't said a peep except that one time.

K1 Process:

• I-192F: NoA 1 received - March 15, 2011
  • I-192F: NoA 2 received - July 6 - Approved in 113 Days!
  • Packet 3 received - August 1-ish
  • Medical - August 19
  • Packet 3 completed and returned - August 24
  • Packet 3 logged at Embassy - September 21
  • Interview: Oct 26, 2011 - Approved!
  • PoE: Atlanta - November 08
  • Civil Ceremony - December 29

Time : 7 months, 8 days

Adjustment of Status Process:

• Filing AoS - February 17, 2012
  • NoA 1 received - February 23
  • Case transferred to CSC - March 20
  • Biometrics appointment - March 26
  • Wedding - April 6th
  • RFE October 15th, have until January to send in information.
  • Sent back information - December 5th
  • APPROVED! - December 22nd!

Time : 10 months, 6 days

Total Duration of journey : 1 year, 9 months, 8 days.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.