spikedog

What are your 'friends' saying?

221 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I don't know how Filipinas can be loyal to their spouses after death when so many are disloyal to them before they die. Once she gets her USC and you become between her and her parents coming to the USA, you will notice that blood is much thicker than water. Besides, most of you didn't even get that when you got married, especially the K-1's that had to get a civil wedding.

Edited by Some Old Guy

Okay, I have to ask: With all due respect, what are you hoping to accomplish?

Darren didn't say "all Filipinas" or "most Filipinas", he simply said "many Filipinas". He also was speaking about them remaining faithful after the spouse dies. He didn't necessarily say they were more faithful in the marriage than other women; he was pointing out something different - after the spouse dies. If this is something he has witnessed, it is an interesting topic and I'd be curious to know more. So, what issue do you have with what he said?

So, again, what are you hoping to accomplish?

I'm asking those men (who seem to think their lovely Filipina wives are superior to women from other cultures) why they find it necessary to "culturalize" the traits they find special in their wife. If someone is looking for certain traits in a spouse, then that is certainly their prerogative. Some of us may find those qualifications odd or unnecessary, but that's really not our business. My point is that (in my opinion) it belittles the woman if those traits are attributed to her culture rather than to her person.

It is the same as saying all (or most) American men are rich. Or fat. Or loyal. Or selfish. We all know that to be untrue by virtue of having lived the culture. To broadly brush cultures, races or sexes is narrow minded at best. It's foolish (and possibly racist) at its worst.

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

I'm asking those men (who seem to think their lovely Filipina wives are superior to women from other cultures) why they find it necessary to "culturalize" the traits they find special in their wife. If someone is looking for certain traits in a spouse, then that is certainly their prerogative. Some of us may find those qualifications odd or unnecessary, but that's really not our business. My point is that (in my opinion) it belittles the woman if those traits are attributed to her culture rather than to her person.

It is the same as saying all (or most) American men are rich. Or fat. Or loyal. Or selfish. We all know that to be untrue by virtue of having lived the culture. To broadly brush cultures, races or sexes is narrow minded at best. It's foolish (and possibly racist) at its worst.

I am an American Male, I am highly sought after in many countries, Many countries when I walk the streets I am treated like a Rock Star, Woman Want Me and Men Want to be like me, It's just the way it is.

One great thing about the Philippines is American Man have a reputation of being a good and caring husband whom take care of their wives, and we are highly sought after.

The people of Philippines are very kind and caring and friendly, and the Woman are know for making excellent and loving and caring wives, and on top of that they are gorgeous :thumbs:

Bottom line it make it Philippines like Heaven on Earth

Put that in your pipe and smoke it................ :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Edited by tallcoolone

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Okay, I have to ask: With all due respect, what are you hoping to accomplish?

Darren didn't say "all Filipinas" or "most Filipinas", he simply said "many Filipinas". He also was speaking about them remaining faithful after the spouse dies. He didn't necessarily say they were more faithful in the marriage than other women; he was pointing out something different - after the spouse dies. If this is something he has witnessed, it is an interesting topic and I'd be curious to know more. So, what issue do you have with what he said?

So, again, what are you hoping to accomplish?

Broad generalizations about Filipinas are marketing tools used by the international dating industry as a sales pitch. If I had the time, I'd post some banners from some of the sites. Some of the comments made by Americans about their Filipina spouses are near identical to those sales pitches, which is actually amusing. It certainly shows the power of marketing. The executives of those companies must be grinning from ear to ear over how successful they've been in perpetuating mythical stereotypes about Filipinas to eager American men.

Filed: Timeline

I am an American Male, I am highly sought after in many countries, Many countries when I walk the streets I am treated like a Rock Star, Woman Want Me and Men Want to be like me, It's just the way it is.

One great thing about the Philippines is American Man have a reputation of being a good and caring husband whom take care of their wives, and we are highly sought after.

The people of Philippines are very kind and caring and friendly, and the Woman are know for making excellent and loving and caring wives, and on top of that they are gorgeous :thumbs:

Put that in your pipe and smoke it................ :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Yeah I can totally see how they'd get confused and think you are one

80s-hair-bands-numerous.jpg

Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth.

I don't know if you realize it, but we had a topic in this forum recently about stereotyping. The VAST majority of the people in the Philippines forum seemed to feel it is better to just view people as individuals. I don't know if I've seen any person (well, maybe one) who says that Filipinas are superior to American women. Most of us just seem to be happy with the person we've found and we leave it at that.

No offense, but it just seems to me that you're fighting a battle here without an opponent.

Once again, Jack NAILS it on the head.

Yes, men of means and not pikers or brokety broke beer bums are more attractive to the lovely ladies of the Philippines, but ALL relationships are exploitative in nature. We seek what we want from others. So if a 45 year old American gets tired of the Old Nag Hag Bag Americana types, he goes over seas and is INSTANTLY treated as if he was Brad Pitt to the young, nubile and beautiful Filipinas. It is up to the man how far he opens his wallet. If he gets what he wants from her, then she has the right to get what she wants from him, and BOTH are satisfied. Then things worked out fine and they are in love.

Drama Kings here just don't get how the world works. :whistle:

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

And let's not forget that in the not-too-distant past, a lot marriages were arranged. Some probably worked out, but I suspect most were not so good.

And of course, there are Amer/Phil marriages that hit the rocks, either because she was scamming the guy all along, one or both couldn't deal with the reality of personal and cultural differences, or unfaithfulness... whatever. It happens.

And I'd be willing to bet you, though few if any would come forth and admit, there are those situations where a woman agreed to marry a man just to improve things, or get out of the PI, or whatever her motivation... and ended up getting a good guy whom she genuinely fell in love with, and they ar both happy today.

At my age, I think it is hard to predict if you will be happily married to someone until you have been married to them for a few years first. :P

To the ones that matter , they don't mind........those that mind our relationship, don't matter. I'm 46 and my wife is 40 and an educated woman. So happens that I appreciate the morals and values she has as well as her intelligence, beauty, personality, ect........TCO is very close on his observation. :thumbs: There are situations where it is a marriage of convenience, but I'd wager that the majority are legitimate, caring relationships between two able, willing souls that meet. Once you get past a certain age , it really doesn't matter. What's the issue?

Bob

• Married in Manila: 08/20/2010
  • I-130 Sent to lockbox: 10/01/2010
  • I-130 Received: 10/03/2010
  • NOA-1 Received: 10/04/2010
  • NOA-2 Received: 02/01/2011
  • Received NVC: 02/08/2011
  • AOS Bill Generated: 02/10/2011
  • AOS Bill Paid: 02/10/2011
  • DS 3032 Emailed: 02/10/2011
  • IV Bill Generated: 02/14/2011
  • IV Bill Paid: 02/14/2011
  • IV Packet Received @ NVC:02/22/2011
  • NVC Completed 03/08/2011
  • Interview Date Post Sputum results May 17
  • Results negative, Interview scheduled 6/13
  • Placed in A/R 06/13/2011
  • I-601 required 07/18/2011
  • I-601 filed 11/9/2011
  • I-601 approved 11/29/11
  • 2nd Sputum test ordered 12/21/11
  • 2nd Sputum Test passed 02/21/12
  • Visa Approved!! 03/15/2012
  • Visa In Hand 03/17/2012
  • POE SFO 03/24/2012

For me Rebbeca Jo, I find the majority God loving, conservative Catholics.... I find my wife superior to the rest for her upbringing/morals/values and this has to do with the "culture" that is the Philippines. So sorry if you don't get it, but I see nothing wrong with an educated, beautiful woman. She is my ideal woman, that's why I married her. My famous bolero saying," Her looks caught my attention, but her brains and personality made me fall in love"

Bob

• Married in Manila: 08/20/2010
  • I-130 Sent to lockbox: 10/01/2010
  • I-130 Received: 10/03/2010
  • NOA-1 Received: 10/04/2010
  • NOA-2 Received: 02/01/2011
  • Received NVC: 02/08/2011
  • AOS Bill Generated: 02/10/2011
  • AOS Bill Paid: 02/10/2011
  • DS 3032 Emailed: 02/10/2011
  • IV Bill Generated: 02/14/2011
  • IV Bill Paid: 02/14/2011
  • IV Packet Received @ NVC:02/22/2011
  • NVC Completed 03/08/2011
  • Interview Date Post Sputum results May 17
  • Results negative, Interview scheduled 6/13
  • Placed in A/R 06/13/2011
  • I-601 required 07/18/2011
  • I-601 filed 11/9/2011
  • I-601 approved 11/29/11
  • 2nd Sputum test ordered 12/21/11
  • 2nd Sputum Test passed 02/21/12
  • Visa Approved!! 03/15/2012
  • Visa In Hand 03/17/2012
  • POE SFO 03/24/2012

RJ, I don't disagree with you on most of it, but... if I generalize and say "most" or "many" Filipinas are beautiful, or faithful, or some other desirable trait... and I mostly see these traits in my lady... how is it belittling her to say good things about the rest of her fellow country women? And FWIW, when I say those things, while they ARE true of my fiancee, I knew a lot of Filipinas before I met her, and I saw the same traits in them, so seeing them in my lady is kinda the other way around... confirming what I already belieevd to be true of the women in their culture, cuz she shares some of the same traits.

Oh, and why not add one more that I really like? She's TIGHT with money! She can squeeze three dimes out of a nickel! But I am not generalizing here, just saying it about my fiancee... (flame suit on)

RJ, I don't disagree with you on most of it, but... if I generalize and say "most" or "many" Filipinas are beautiful, or faithful, or some other desirable trait... and I mostly see these traits in my lady... how is it belittling her to say good things about the rest of her fellow country women? And FWIW, when I say those things, while they ARE true of my fiancee, I knew a lot of Filipinas before I met her, and I saw the same traits in them, so seeing them in my lady is kinda the other way around... confirming what I already belieevd to be true of the women in their culture, cuz she shares some of the same traits.

Oh, and why not add one more that I really like? She's TIGHT with money! She can squeeze three dimes out of a nickel! But I am not generalizing here, just saying it about my fiancee... (flame suit on)

:)

Hahaha - there's nothing "flame-suit-y" about your admiration for her fiscal frugality!

I guess it's not belittling to say good things about your wife's fellow country women. It's just not "good" to assume those qualities don't apply to other women. And that's how some of these writings come across.

Let me give you an example, if I can. I am married to a man from Northern Ireland, a country that is part of the United Kingdom. My husband had a very British upbringing. If you want to get "cultural", we will stereotype here and go with the notion that Britain is a more "polite" society than the US. Therefore, the children are brought up to have more respect for other people than children in the US. Cultural indoctrination for the male children includes a deep respect for their mothers, which translates to respect for their wives. If we go with the stereotype here, we can conclude that British men make better husbands than American men because of their cultural upbringing.

Not. Always. True.

Moral of the story - if you have a spouse from any country who is a good person, then you should thank your lucky stars, rather than the way he/she was raised. There is good and bad in any culture. And culture does not make character. That comes from the person within, no matter where they were born.

For me Rebbeca Jo, I find the majority God loving, conservative Catholics.... I find my wife superior to the rest for her upbringing/morals/values and this has to do with the "culture" that is the Philippines. So sorry if you don't get it, but I see nothing wrong with an educated, beautiful woman. She is my ideal woman, that's why I married her. My famous bolero saying," Her looks caught my attention, but her brains and personality made me fall in love"

Bob

Bob, I don't think there's anything for me to "not get". I certainly don't have a problem with a beautiful, educated woman. It's just my contention that the world is full of 'em. They don't come exclusively from the Philippines.

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Moral of the story - if you have a spouse from any country who is a good person, then you should thank your lucky stars, rather than the way he/she was raised. There is good and bad in any culture. And culture does not make character. That comes from the person within, no matter where they were born.

I think our parents will be offended if our husbands will thank their lucky stars, rather than the way we were raised. :blink:

Just saying..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.