Desi27

I am a US Citizen filling for my Mother( with my minor siblings). My Mother and siblings are currently in the US)

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Hello friends,

First of all thank you all for being a kind and wonderful community. I couldn’t have done without you!!!

Now here is my situation –

I am a US citizen. My mother and my 2 siblings (both under 18) are visiting the US on a visit visa that will expire in Dec 2011. I am planning on filling I-485 for my mother so that she can get her status adjusted. My question is - can my minor siblings be added on the I 485 form (or any other from?) with my mother so that they can also get their status adjusted to permanent residents.

I appreciate your assistance!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Entering US with visitor visa and adjust the status is illegal and considered visa fraud.

If you wish to bring them to US to be with you, you need to follow proper channel and go thru proper process.

Your parents don't fall under IR1 visa IR1 visa is only for the spouse. Your parents would go under IR5 and you will have to follow the process and timeline for IR5.

Filed: Other Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Entering US with visitor visa and adjust the status is illegal and considered visa fraud.

If you wish to bring them to US to be with you, you need to follow proper channel and go thru proper process.

Your parents don't fall under IR1 visa IR1 visa is only for the spouse. Your parents would go under IR5 and you will have to follow the process and timeline for IR5.

Thank you for your comments. Just FYI - Please DO NOT post comments unless you would are kind or positive.

This is the second term for my mother to get a 5 years multi entry visa. It is not our intention to commit any fraud. This is my mother's fourth visit to the US except this time my wife and I are expected a baby and I am trying to have my mother help us out with the baby without her having to leave the country and coming back. Trying to save some money you know on the air tickets. Also I have been a citizen for 4 years now. I could have applied for my mother long time ago but she did not want to stay here for more than 3 months last three times. Thanks again!!

Timeline

This is not a sympathy forum, if you don’t wanna hear what ppl are say then pls refrain from posting.

Does not matter how long have u been USC, laws are laws. Does not matter how many times has your parents visited nor does it matter if it’s a 1st or 2nd term.

If all you are looking for is oh yes your app would be approved then there is no point in posting on this forum.

It seems you had intention of doing AOS once your parents entered on tourist visa – so does not matter how many times you say u are not committing fraud. Legally you are committing a visa fraud, if you do not want to commit the visa fraud then you would not look for doing AOS.

Filed: Other Timeline

Desi27,

would you please be so kind to outline what kind of answers would meet your criteria of kindness? Obviously you don't want to be called out on planed immigration fraud, so I'm sure you don't want to hear from anyone that babysitting on a B2 is unlawful work which is also prohibited, so would "have a wonderful day!" qualify?

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Timeline

Bob - I am sure he is not going to listen and file for AOS and when AOS would be rejected he would be here crying how US immigration is bad and they dont treat USC right and how all USCIS wants is splitting family and blah..... blah..... :)

Filed: Country:
Timeline

There is not derivative status for your siblings. Either you file petitions for them and they wait years for visas to become available or your mother fast tracks to US Citizenship (5 yrs) and files for them. They cannot remain in the US during that time though they could still visit.

My suggestion, talk to a lawyer, but before that, why don't you talk to an USCIS agent. Call them and ask them all your questions. I am sure they will give you some directions.

Not sure if this is a visa fraud because I found on the USCIS website that it's okay to apply for H1B even if you on B1/B2. You can even change your status to F-1 (student visa ) from B-1/B-2. Hence, I would recommend you to hear it from the horses mouth, USICS :-))

<P>My suggestion, talk to a lawyer, but before that, why don't you talk to an USCIS agent. Call them and ask them all your questions. I am sure they will give you some directions. <BR><BR>Not sure if this is a visa fraud because I found on the USCIS website that it's okay to apply for H1B even if you on B1/B2. You can even change your status to F-1 (student visa ) from B-1/B-2. Hence, I would recommend you to hear it from the horses mouth, USICS :-))</P>

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Doing a bit of research can help you a lot. This guide from the USCIS has the answer to your question >>>> http://www.uscis.gov/USCIS/Resources/A1en.pdf

Your parent can adjust status. Your siblings will have to return home and wait until a visa becomes available (currently 11 years if you petition for them). Or your parent can adjust status and the petition for your siblings and the wait will be a few years shorter.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Post violating TOS has been removed. Even if you don't like the message posted, you are still not allowed to insult the poster.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Doing a bit of research can help you a lot. This guide from the USCIS has the answer to your question >>>> http://www.uscis.gov...ources/A1en.pdf

Your parent can adjust status. Your siblings will have to return home and wait until a visa becomes available (currently 11 years if you petition for them). Or your parent can adjust status and the petition for your siblings and the wait will be a few years shorter.

How can the parents adjust their status? The link also mentioned about a petition of a relative (I-130)unsure.gif

IV IR-5 Timeline for Parents

USCIS

08/02/2016 - sent I-130 application for my parents via USPS Priority Mail

08/05/2016 - Priority Date

08/08/2016 - NOA1s Notice date

08/09/2016 - NOA1s text message and email received

08/10/2016 - money orders: cashed

08/13/2016 - received NOA1s in the mail

08/24/2016 - touched

12/27/2016 - Cases Approved! (148 days or 4 months and 26 days total)

---

NVC

01/12/2017 - NVC Welcome Letters Received (Case Number + Invoice Number)

01/13/2017 - Completed DS-261

01/25/2017 - Received IV Fee

01/26/2017 - Paid AOS fee

01/30/2017 - Paid IV Fees

02/03/2017 - Completed IV and AR Application

02/23/2017 - sent NVC packets via USPS Priority Mail (note: I have to wait for my mom's police certificate, so there was a bit of a delay before I can send the package)

02/27/2017 - packets received at 11:30 am signed by N Visa Center

03/01/2017 - Scan Date

05/06/2017 - Case Completed

05/12/2017 - NVC scheduled the interview!

06/02/2017 - Medical (06/14 to 06/15 - Dad's Sputum Test)

06/16/2017 - Mom's Interview Date (Approved!)

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

How can the parents adjust their status? The link also mentioned about a petition of a relative (I-130)unsure.gif

Edit to add: To the OP > I know you can do I-130 and I-485 concurrently but just imagine the questions you will get in the interview...just saying...because we don't know. My parent's will be here next month for the nth time and she'll be here for 6 months. I am on the process of a naturalization, but when I get approved, I will do the I-130 petition and let her sign the paperwork while she's here (to save time) and ask her to go back to my country when I-94 expires....and we'll continue the process from then...

IV IR-5 Timeline for Parents

USCIS

08/02/2016 - sent I-130 application for my parents via USPS Priority Mail

08/05/2016 - Priority Date

08/08/2016 - NOA1s Notice date

08/09/2016 - NOA1s text message and email received

08/10/2016 - money orders: cashed

08/13/2016 - received NOA1s in the mail

08/24/2016 - touched

12/27/2016 - Cases Approved! (148 days or 4 months and 26 days total)

---

NVC

01/12/2017 - NVC Welcome Letters Received (Case Number + Invoice Number)

01/13/2017 - Completed DS-261

01/25/2017 - Received IV Fee

01/26/2017 - Paid AOS fee

01/30/2017 - Paid IV Fees

02/03/2017 - Completed IV and AR Application

02/23/2017 - sent NVC packets via USPS Priority Mail (note: I have to wait for my mom's police certificate, so there was a bit of a delay before I can send the package)

02/27/2017 - packets received at 11:30 am signed by N Visa Center

03/01/2017 - Scan Date

05/06/2017 - Case Completed

05/12/2017 - NVC scheduled the interview!

06/02/2017 - Medical (06/14 to 06/15 - Dad's Sputum Test)

06/16/2017 - Mom's Interview Date (Approved!)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.