staceluvyou

can he be denied?

31 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Sometimes God's hands are manifested by your foot in his behind. Hopefully this will be a not too painful lesson for him on the impact of even small decisions. Good luck to you.

This is too funny.

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Sometimes God's hands are manifested by your foot in his behind. Hopefully this will be a not too painful lesson for him on the impact of even small decisions. Good luck to you.

This is too funny.

Quote of the year!

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

hi vj, i'm just devastated right now, just finished my medical and one of my sons admitted during his medical, trying cannibas once a couple months back. i'm so hurt and disappointed, he is only 14. i had no idea of this, until she gave the paper to do the urine test on him. the lady in the lab told me he wil only be denied if his test comes back positive which will mean if he had any in the past six months. is this so? have anyone been admitted to trying weed and still get their visa?

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

If Doctor writes he tried but comes back clean may have to wait a year, cross your fingers and hope. He needs to be squeaky clean from now on.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I thought weed stayed in your system only 1 month. There again, they might've changed the testing tools and made them more sensitive to detect it regardless of the time of consumption. Like the hair test; drugs stay on your hair for more than six months.

Anyways, I am so sorry about your situation. This is disturbing in several levels and yes, I'd do *bleeping* things to him if he was my child. But punishment, although necessary, wouldn't change the fact that more than likely he'll be denied. So, my advice is to device a rigid strategy for the next year to avoid this from happening again. I would make him pee every week for the entire year to make sure he's clean.

There again, that's me.

Don't ever do anything you're not willing to explain the paramedics.

hi vj, i'm just devastated right now, just finished my medical and one of my sons admitted during his medical, trying cannibas once a couple months back. i'm so hurt and disappointed, he is only 14. i had no idea of this, until she gave the paper to do the urine test on him. the lady in the lab told me he wil only be denied if his test comes back positive which will mean if he had any in the past six months. is this so? have anyone been admitted to trying weed and still get their visa?

Well if he really only will be denied if he doesn't pass the drug test he should be fine, but if the lady put down his answer that of course it will be up to the Consular officer. If your son really only had marijuana once, two months ago, it won't be detectable. Usually it should've been out of his system after 3-10 days tops, so that's not true what the lady said that the test will come positive if he had any in the past 6 months. He should definitely test clear, and if not, than he had cannabis way more recently than he admitted.

K1 Visa Timeline
01-12-2011 Sent out I-129F packet to Lewisville, TX, via Fedex
01-18-2011 NOA1
01-24-2011 NOA1 hard copy received in the mail [dated 01-18-2011]
05-12-2011 NOA2 (approved in 114 days)
05-18-2011 NVC received, new case number assigned
05-20-2011 NVC left
06-01-2011 Embassy received
06-06-2011 Packet 3 sent
06-10-2011 Packet 4 received
07-21-2011 Interview at 9:30am - APPROVED!!
07-29-2011 Visa in hand
10-02-2011 Wedding

AOS Timeline
10-04-2011 Sent out AOS, EAD and AP application via UPS Overnight to Chicago, IL
10-05-2011 AOS application delivered @ 9:22am
10-07-2011 E-Notification via Email and Text @ 5:37pm for AOS, EAD and AP
10-26-2011 Biometrics Appointment
10-31-2011 AOS transferred to CSC
12-06-2011 E-Notifications via Email and Text - GC approved!!!!!!! (in 63 days)
12-07-2011 E-Notifications via Email and Text - EAD and AP approved (in 64 days)
12-12-2011 GREEN CARD rec'vd in mail!!!

Removing Conditions Timeline

10-19-2013 Sent out I-751 petition via USPS Priority Express

10-21-2013 I-751 petition delivered @ 12:12pm

10-25-2013 NOA received in the mail [dated 10-22-2013]

11-22-2013 Case transferred to CSC

02-05-2014 Card production ordered

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

An immigration attorney is not going to do anything at this point - they can't speak at the interview on his behalf -

No but if there is a distinction in the law between minors and adults on this issue, then a good immigration lawywer will be able to know that if the CO doesn't know it and declares him inadmissable in error. Also if he is denied then there needs to be a plan in place for how to get him here if that involves rehabilitation etc.

I cant read hearts and I am only saying this in the event that your son and the family unit who will experience damage are in need of the ultimate 'second chance' that you might just have the karma to get.... I'm not condoning drug experimentation or use in any way and I've faced my share of thinking the executioner is about to get me for other things I've done wrong before in different areas of life.... slipping under the wire to escape punishment sometimes and other times not....

I would think seriously about the conversation you already had and the words exchanged between your son, the doctor and yourself. A 14 year old's awareness of cannabis may be questionable. Who's to say that the 'friends' told him it was pot and really it wasnt? Who's to say that a hand rolled cigarette pushed in front of his face was really just that? A CIGARETTE. A joke. Or another uneducated kid that thought he was super cool passing around what they thought to be cannabis? Or your son interpreted that it was pot because of the style in which it was rolled? ....... Could have just been tobacco....

If I had suspicion that he was fooled or 'dupped' and I took him home to say show me what you smoked or tell me how you determined this to be weed- I might be pleasantly surprised to find out my kid is an aloof minor that got taken for a ride..... Without a doubt, I would try to reason with the medical associate that the full story is not as it originally appeared. Or drag my kid back in front of the doctor, say "Show him what you smoked" - let the doctor note it isnt smelling anything like weed, slap my kid on the back of the head and then reason with the doctor on the possibility of disregarding the original conversation.

Hellooooo - Wasnt too long ago that if you put Betsy and Bob in the dark closet together and they kissed at the slumber party - Betsy freaked out and thought she might get pregnant.

The test results are critical. How your conversation unfolded in the doctor's office is important. I know USA kids are not as naive about what they are doing these days. Dont know about Jamaica. Regardless, I hope you can sort through to the truth and straighten your son out. The realization and the timing of your discovery breaks my heart because the ripple effect will change your plans for your family one way or another. Whether you address this in the US or in your current country, he is still your underage son. As someone indicated- USA is the land of opportunity- a weakness like this or an inability to listen can get you in to a lot of trouble that escalates from bad to worse if a person's character is not coached, developed and strengthened.

If your son really only had marijuana once, two months ago, it won't be detectable. Usually it should've been out of his system after 3-10 days tops, so that's not true what the lady said that the test will come positive if he had any in the past 6 months. He should definitely test clear, and if not, than he had cannabis way more recently than he admitted.

3 - 10 days? I'm not a drug doer, but I'll guess that it must have been a while since you moved up to the crack pipe and you dont recall the turnaround times on weed. Or it was you that got duped on whatever you were buying. LOL. You're funny.

3 - 10 days? I'm not a drug doer, but I'll guess that it must have been a while since you moved up to the crack pipe and you dont recall the turnaround times on weed. Or it was you that got duped on whatever you were buying. LOL. You're funny.

Wow, how nice. When I read this forum I simply did some research on the Internet cause I was curious and most websites said exactly that thing. Single time use or infrequent use should be out of the body after a short time. Only for frequent, daily users it stays in the body for long. But thanks for the sarcasm. Appreciate it :rolleyes:

K1 Visa Timeline
01-12-2011 Sent out I-129F packet to Lewisville, TX, via Fedex
01-18-2011 NOA1
01-24-2011 NOA1 hard copy received in the mail [dated 01-18-2011]
05-12-2011 NOA2 (approved in 114 days)
05-18-2011 NVC received, new case number assigned
05-20-2011 NVC left
06-01-2011 Embassy received
06-06-2011 Packet 3 sent
06-10-2011 Packet 4 received
07-21-2011 Interview at 9:30am - APPROVED!!
07-29-2011 Visa in hand
10-02-2011 Wedding

AOS Timeline
10-04-2011 Sent out AOS, EAD and AP application via UPS Overnight to Chicago, IL
10-05-2011 AOS application delivered @ 9:22am
10-07-2011 E-Notification via Email and Text @ 5:37pm for AOS, EAD and AP
10-26-2011 Biometrics Appointment
10-31-2011 AOS transferred to CSC
12-06-2011 E-Notifications via Email and Text - GC approved!!!!!!! (in 63 days)
12-07-2011 E-Notifications via Email and Text - EAD and AP approved (in 64 days)
12-12-2011 GREEN CARD rec'vd in mail!!!

Removing Conditions Timeline

10-19-2013 Sent out I-751 petition via USPS Priority Express

10-21-2013 I-751 petition delivered @ 12:12pm

10-25-2013 NOA received in the mail [dated 10-22-2013]

11-22-2013 Case transferred to CSC

02-05-2014 Card production ordered

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Really some kind of Sad thing to know.Its a big thing b4 the CO.Hope he doesnt get banned,cos he could meet badder (worse) on arriving at the states.You need make sure he is drug free,cos taking cannibal at that Age is sorta oooops..and who said he is a minor for trying what the Majors take :bonk:

Weed only stays in your system for 10 days if you don't smoke it everyday, but if you smoke it everyday then it can take up to 3 to 4 weeks or longer to leave your system.

Filed: Timeline

People please stop comparing your experiences with what the Jamaican embassy has already establish presidency with, "The Jamaican Consular understands the facts and conditions that are happen in Jamaica, therefore that is why this question about your involvement with drugs is asked at the medical. The medical doctors have been trained to asked this questions and relay the responses as it would apply to the Jamaican embassy standard.

Therefore what happens in Germany, the DR, Mexico and others are not the same standards that have been used in Jamaica.

Yes, right now a lawyer will have no barring at the interview, so yes it would be a waste of money.

.....the Jamaican embassy has already establish presidency with, "The Jamaican Consular understands the facts and conditions that are happen in Jamaica,.... Jamaican embassy standard.

Therefore what happens in Germany, the DR, Mexico and others are not the same standards that have been used in Jamaica.

You may be right about Jamaica understanding, but would really be bad if she ran into one of those USA COs that may not be in such an understanding mood..... you know- the ones that run the K-1/K-3 interviews?

OK - That should be the end of my sarcasm. (Well maybe just one more - would be sad to think that the standards of what is 'respectable' or expected for a beneficiary's country is running the decisions of our COs..... I dont know if they would take kindly to us saying, "Let this slide - you know everyone does it...") OK really done now with the jerk comments.

@ Caroline + Angelo - Kudos for trying to help out with some internet knowledge. Sorry to offend you by commenting on your comment.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

You may be right about Jamaica understanding, but would really be bad if she ran into one of those USA COs that may not be in such an understanding mood..... you know- the ones that run the K-1/K-3 interviews?

OK - That should be the end of my sarcasm. (Well maybe just one more - would be sad to think that the standards of what is 'respectable' or expected for a beneficiary's country is running the decisions of our COs..... I dont know if they would take kindly to us saying, "Let this slide - you know everyone does it...") OK really done now with the jerk comments.

@ Caroline + Angelo - Kudos for trying to help out with some internet knowledge. Sorry to offend you by commenting on your comment.

No one is talking about what is "respectable" or expected to run the decisions of our COs - What Peace is saying by her post is the fact that, like it or not, this is VERY prevalent in the country - Accepted or not, it's there, it grows freely on the sides of the road, people approach tourists all the time with offers of "tours of the fields" and similar. I even know people that have been drug tested by immigration leaving the country to check for use - And the presence of it can result in a nice hospital stay until they ensure that you are not smuggling any back with you.

What I interpret Peace as saying is the fact that in Jamaica, the medicals test for it and they ask the question - even if the test is negative, a yes admission to prior use will be marked down on the medical report - There have been several VJ members who went through this - I can think of 2 off the top of my head who got denials and a 3 year ban with a clean drug test but an admission of having tried it in the past - There was another more recent since the law changed who had their approval held and had to go back for a second medical and test one year post admitted use.

It's unfortunate - but it's a reality, and one that is applied way harsher in JA than in other countries - I remember reading about a K1 from Mexico who not only admitted using that, they also tested positive for that AND cocaine - Yet was given the visa - There are other countries that do not drug test at all. So, as for applying the standards of the country to the decisions of the COs - it appears to be the reverse in JA, don't you think?

This is a very unfortunate situation, and the first two I have seen involving a minor - I just hope and pray that the COs will be lenient and let them through with their parents.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.