lovepath

Do you give copies or originals at the interview?

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

Dear fellow VJers,

At the embassy interview, do you give the CO copies or originals of the Boarding Passes, Reciepts, ect...

I worry if I were to give them the original Boarding Passes and Receipts, and for some reason the visa is not approved, then they might keep the originals with them and I am left with no original Boarding Passes and Receipts that I might need for a second round at the finace visa process.

Thanks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Dear fellow VJers,

At the embassy interview, do you give the CO copies or originals of the Boarding Passes, Reciepts, ect...

I worry if I were to give them the original Boarding Passes and Receipts, and for some reason the visa is not approved, then they might keep the originals with them and I am left with no original Boarding Passes and Receipts that I might need for a second round at the finace visa process.

Thanks

I believe copies are a good choice. No originals needed to hand in to the CO. Good luck! :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Dear fellow VJers,

Thanks

Bring copies, but the CO will want to see the original birth certificate and translations. At least, she asked my wife (then fiancee) for hers whenshe interviewed for her K-1. My wife provided the CO with copies and the CO just wanted to see the originals for a few minutes. The CO kept some copies and she returned the originals back to my wife.

K-1 TIMELINE11/03/2010 Mailed I-129F Petition to USCIS VSC
11/15/2010 Received NOA1 in the mail
02/04/2011 Requested expediting of case for military deployment
02/11/2011 Expediting request approved
02/22/2011 Received expediting request approval letter in the mail
02/28/2011 NOA2 Document Received in the mail
02/28/2011 NVC received and case # assigned
03/01/2011 Case sent to Embassy
03/04/2011 Case received at the Embassy
03/09/2011 Embassy sent Packet 3 via mail (we did not wait for it, downloaded forms online)
03/15/2011 Sent Packet 3 to the Embassy
03/18/2011 Embassy received Packet 3 in the mail
03/28/2011 Received Packet 4 from Embassy
04/20/2011 Embassy Interview Date (APPROVED)
04/27/2011 POE JFK, NY
AOS/AE/AP TIMELINE
06/24/2011 Mailed the AOS/EA/AP
07/05/2011 Received NOA1's for the AP/AE/AOS dated 06/27/2011
07/08/2011 Received NOA for biometrics appointment
07/25/2011 Biometrics appointment
08/24/2011 Received AP/AE card in the mail
09/08/2011 AOS interview APPROVED
09/09/2011 Card in production
09/19/2011 Green card on hand!

I-130 TIMELINE - STEPDAUGHTER I-751 TIMELINE-WIFE

04/07/2013 Mailed I-130 petition 06/10/2013 Mailed I-751 petition

04/14/2013 Received NOA1 inthe mail 06/19/2013 Received NOA1 in mail

05/04/2013 Requested expediting due to military deployment %

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have not been interviewed yet but i believe they will not take the originals unless it's really necessary. but they do have the right to request for them. so to be safe, it's better you bring them along during your interview coz failure to present them when requested could hurt your chance of getting approved. but of course, it's all up to you. Good luck!

Luke 1:37 - "For with GOD nothing shall be impossible."

AOS Journey

• 02.25.2012 - AOS, EAD, AP sent
  • 02.29.2012 - received text/email receipt notices
  • 03.22.2012 - transferred to CSC
  • 04.19.2012 - biometrics appointment
  • 05.02.2012 - EAD & AP approved
  • 10.19.2012 - AOS approved

K1 Journey

• 05.2000 - met in class - Orlando, FL
  • 05.2011 - K1 filed
  • 11.2011 - K1 visa received
  • 01.2012 - POE/Wedding

Dear fellow VJers,

Thanks

At the interview stage if they ask you for the evidence, they are asking for proof, so giving them copies is just asking for trouble at that stage, I think. If you get denied your Visa those old originals are not going to do you any good, and you'ld be better off making new originals for whatever your next steps will be.

You can always ask then if they'll take the copies and give you back the originals.

Good luck!

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Case Transferred to US Embassy in Riga Latvia at the end of October.

If you really want it, you'll find a way!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Bring copies to submit and have the originals there as well for the CO to inspect if they want.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Bring copies to submit and have the originals there as well for the CO to inspect if they want.

:yes: YUP. thats what we did.

"trust in what you love, continue to do it and it will take you where you need to go...."

event.png

Agree for receipts and such. Make sure you bring originals for all documents where instructions require them. Good Luck!!

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Dear fellow VJers,

Thanks

you give them copies.. if they ask for an original, give them the original and a copy and let them review it and then ask for the original back...

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Dear fellow VJers,

Thanks

Just copies are all you need. If they ask for originals you can show them then.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Dear fellow VJers,

Thanks

yeah.. they will ask the original copy! so dont worry about it. GoodLuck!!!

photo-103321.jpg?__rand=0.46320700+1304640739

Our Timeline

12/08/10--I-129F Petition sent

12/10/10--Petition received

12/14/10--NOA1

12/31/10--Touched

05/05/11--NOA2 Approved

05/09/11-Received NOA2 hardcopy

05/16/11--NVC recieved case

05/20/11-Manila Embassy received case

06/09-10/11-Medical

06/16/11--Interview

06/17/11--CFO/Prism

06/25/11--Visa Delivered! Thank you Lord Jesus!

07/01/11--POE!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.