Vi-Jay

Obama says gay couples deserve same rights as all

152 posts in this topic

My spidy sense says your story is fiction.

Who cares... I was there, my nephews were there, and so was my sister and brother in law. You want affidavits or something?

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Post violating TOS has been removed:

Post Content intended to degrade, intimidate, or incite violence or prejudicial action against a broad demographic or group of people identified by a unifying trait or characteristic (discrimination)

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

No, we just want the truth: Are your nephews gay now? More importantly, did you catch the gay bug?

Some of us still have a few morals left.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Post violating TOS has been removed:

There was nothing wrong with my post....

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

Like threatening a couple with physical violence in a public venue? In front of kids? Some morals.

Well, there isn't now. It's gone.

A "couple" isn't two guys. It may be in Vermont and a few other places, but it isn't here nor is it in Washington state.

sigbet.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Because marriage is a basic human right in this country. The SCOTUS, prior to becoming a corporate #######, has made that clear time and again. Obviously, marriage for a same-sex couple will have to be marriage to a same-sex partner. As long as they are denied that right, they are deprived of a basic human right. The case is working it's way up to the SCOTUS and same-sex marriage will prevail. You can live in the past for the rest of your life and yet, the future is still upon us.

I suppose we shall see. If your preferred method of discussion is appeal to what you think the SCOTUS will say in the future, I guess your logic must be infallible.

Personally, I think the SCOTUS is overstepping its bounds to make any ruling about gay marriage with reference to the Constitution since the Constitution does not mention marriage of any kind anywhere, as far as I am aware.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Like threatening a couple with physical violence in a public venue? In front of kids? Some morals.

Well, there isn't now. It's gone.

and unfortunately you're still here trolling. Shame isn't it?

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I'm getting the impression that you really really think it would be a good idea for all the Gays to go to Canada. :yes:

Is my impression correct? :star:

Ya, but perhaps my motivation for it isn't so clear? I'm very pro SSM, but in the same breath - MAN O MAN - tis way past time for real activity, so IMO any further legalization would just be a band-aid over a festering wound.

--The time is long past for SSM, IMO - should been legalized at Federal Level about 12 years ago, right prior to GWB's inauguration.

--Legislators have continued to fail the GLBT communities across the nation, so concept of 'representative government' for this demographic not seem to exist. No Representative Government? Hey - time to be elsewhere..

--A mass exodus would affect the tax base in USA, in a negative fashion, and I think it's a good thing for USA to get a good slap in the face.

--Would remove one less hot-topic for Bigots to moan about (I hate Bigots, much) so any type of lobbying against SSM would disappear.

So those are my big points about it, not so personal.

Personally, for me, it'd free up some prime real estate just west of downtown Houston, I'm looking to purchase.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Ya, but perhaps my motivation for it isn't so clear? I'm very pro SSM, but in the same breath - MAN O MAN - tis way past time for real activity, so IMO any further legalization would just be a band-aid over a festering wound.

--The time is long past for SSM, IMO - should been legalized at Federal Level about 12 years ago, right prior to GWB's inauguration.

--Legislators have continued to fail the GLBT communities across the nation, so concept of 'representative government' for this demographic not seem to exist. No Representative Government? Hey - time to be elsewhere..

--A mass exodus would affect the tax base in USA, in a negative fashion, and I think it's a good thing for USA to get a good slap in the face.

--Would remove one less hot-topic for Bigots to moan about (I hate Bigots, much) so any type of lobbying against SSM would disappear.

So those are my big points about it, not so personal.

Personally, for me, it'd free up some prime real estate just west of downtown Houston, I'm looking to purchase.

Since when did having morals in "that regard" make anyone a bigot? It's not normal in some people eyes...even the INS.

sigbet.jpg

Filed: Timeline
I suppose we shall see. If your preferred method of discussion is appeal to what you think the SCOTUS will say in the future, I guess your logic must be infallible.

Personally, I think the SCOTUS is overstepping its bounds to make any ruling about gay marriage with reference to the Constitution since the Constitution does not mention marriage of any kind anywhere, as far as I am aware.

NY state just passed the bill. The march goes on and those that want to stop it are in the minority.

As for the SCOTUS, has it overstepped it's bounds when it ruled in Loving vs. Virginia?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

ya, that 'bigot' label is a slippery slope, I'll give ya that one.

I view 'the concept' as institutionalized bigotry, on one front, then personal bigotry on another.

IMO, mass exodus would remove all permutations, that particular demographic of USA populace be gone.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !