JoeVisa

HELP! Urgent! Visa for my Wife!

99 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

CR-1/IR-1 visa, file I-130 petition with related forms and evidence.

Pay particular attention to process flow.

Since the guide selection tripped you up, I suggest a different read, on

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/EZGuideSpouse

Now, there is 'best possible way' and there is 'what's doable based on yer circumstances'.

IMO - best possible way, EB-5 visa, entrepreneur visa, need 1 mil in cash before apply.

what's doable, IMO, instead, would be a spousal visa, IR-1, and ask for expedite on initial filing,

then secure a co-sponser for the I-864 when the casefile moves to NVC.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

CR-1/IR-1 visa, file I-130 petition with related forms and evidence.

Pay particular attention to process flow.

Since the guide selection tripped you up, I suggest a different read, on

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/EZGuideSpouse

Now, there is 'best possible way' and there is 'what's doable based on yer circumstances'.

IMO - best possible way, EB-5 visa, entrepreneur visa, need 1 mil in cash before apply.

what's doable, IMO, instead, would be a spousal visa, IR-1, and ask for expedite on initial filing,

then secure a co-sponser for the I-864 when the casefile moves to NVC.

Wow, you nailed it again!! ;)) I guess I'm just getting confused about the CR-1/IR-1 visa but these two are just basically FORM I-130. With CR-1 as married to spouse less than 2 years and IR-1 as married to spouse for more than 2 years, I think!? I love this EznewGuideSpouse which I will peruse in a bit.

As far as your best possible way "EB-5", 1mil hah... has to be liquid?! ;)) ;)) Dang!!! I guess I had to go with the doable one (since I am a dollar short), send I-130 with the cover letter as you suggested (is this where I attach all my details as far as letters and so on?!) Okay, I guess I better ask the wife to send new forms G-325a with signatures already and wait for that and to be included in the packet – with matching big red letters "I-130 Spouse Expedite" outside, my wife would say!!

What else can I say but thank you so much... I will work on this and in turn will do my timeline when I get a chance, I just need to soak up all these awesome info. God bless you and your family!!!

09/06/07: Went to the Philippines to marry my fiancee.

11/29/07: Wedding Day!

11/30/10: Going back to US, to get my wife!

05-06/11: Sent & Received Congressman's letter & advice.

06/23/11: Found and joined... VisaJourney.com!

06/27/11: Filing “Form I-130 IR-1” and Expediting it with Humanitarian cover letter.

07/08/11: Mailed I-130 to P.O. Box 804525, Attn. EXPEDITE I-130 SPOUSE, Chicago, IL.

07/18/11: Received Hardcopy Form I-797C or NOA1 in mail, receipt date 7/13/11 and priority date 7/12/11.

08/08/11: Called USCIS 800 number to check on status.

08/23/11: Request for Expedite Approved. Received NOA2 dated 08/23/11.

09/09/11: Called NVC they got my file from USCIS.

09/13/11: Received NVC Case# & IIN# (via email) & emailed DS-3032 from PI to NVC.

09/14/11: AOS Fee Paid Online (status PAID on 9/15 also at this time IV Fee Bill Generated)

09/16/11: IV Fee Bill Paid Online (status PAID on 9/19 and printed Barcoded Coversheets)

09/20/11: Express mail both the I-864s AOS and IV DS-230 (arrived 9/21 NVC)

09/27/11: Case completed file shipped to USEManila; arrived 10/3

10/13/11: Medical passed/completed today but still NO interview date yet?

10/16/11: Called USEManila file ready! Called Appt. Services set up Interview Date for 11/9/11.

11/09/11: Interview. But had to comply with 221g, re-verification forms CENOMAR/NBI.

12/02/11: Visa approved but delivered 12/7/11.

12/12/11: POE – Detroit.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

@localballer23, Penguin_ie, Sergi9, sunshinearizona and of course Darnell ***Thank you all so much!!!

With all these information and looking for the best possible solutions – I still need some concrete advice and try to pay an hour's consultation to an immigration lawyer. Who knows the lawyer might approve of using the tourist visa application because I have a Political Intervention and with my Current Situation. I don't know what the lawyer might say, they know the ins and outs of immigration PROBLEMS AND SOLUTIONS... hopefully they know the solutions to this pressing or underlying problem we are talking of URGENCY here.

At this time we're filling out the forms I-130, G-325a, and everything else. ***Darnell, you suggest to file the I-130 right away... is this the only form they require or other forms should accompany it also, ie. G-325a? If including form G-325a, what about the signatures from the wife which is in the Philippines?! Going to take awhile... and do you guys know the going rate for consultations, any suggestions?

***Sergi9, I will definitely ask the immigration lawyer about the Humanitarian Parole route.

***sunshinearizona, red flag even with my case as urgent? Again, thanks...we really do appreciate all the help we can get not only taking care of solutions from this site and especially you guys are just too good of a Samaritan – God bless you and you know who you are! ;)

Get the "IR-1" I-130 out the door ASAP.

Include signed I-130, copy of marriage license, payment, G-325a for each of you + passport-style photos on each (2" square with white background), your birth cert., US passport ID page for you + pages that show you traveled to/from Phil.. Incldue a cover letter describing the EXPEDITE request re: humanitarian need. I would also do the cover sheet G-1145 e-notification so you can immdiately call USCIS customer service number to remind them of the expedite request.

IMO: on her G-325a : write on her signature line: "WILL SIGN AT EMBASSY"

Make a back-up copy of the whole packet before you mail it. Make sure you write "EXPEDITE 1-130 SPOUSE" on the envelope!

best of luck.

IR-1/CR-1 Spouse CA Svc Ctr 2011 (82 days) Apr07: NOA1. Jun27: NOA2 text.
Delivery from USCIS to NVC (24 days) Jul21: CSC mailed it to NVC

NVC (43 days)
Jul25: "in the NVC bldg"---->Jul26: NVC Case#,IIN# (1 day in-house, 29 days since NOA2)

AOS i-864.....Jul28: bill rcv'd (2 days)& paid ---->Aug01: "paid"/mailed (4 days). Aug3: AOS in the bldg
Aug 11: phone rep "AOS RFE: 23/24a: no blanks" (pdf won't print n/a"). Fedex'd new copy (arrived Aug 12)
Aug 22: AOS approved

IV ds-230:
Jul26: send DS-3032 ----> Jul29: DS-3032 accepted (3 days)
Aug01: bill rcv'd (2 days)& paid ---->Aug02: "paid"/mailed (1 day)
Aug04:ds-230 delivered ---> Aug 12: "under review"
Aug 15: phone rep "RFE:ds-230 #30." (16th bdate left as "----") Fedex'd new copy (arrived Aug 16)
Aug 30: phone rep: "no military record." me: "it's there!" rep: "15 biz days starting today"
Sep 06: phone rep: "needs review. 15 MORE biz days" me: "no way" Supervisor asks Mgr "open file & verify it's complete since 8/16." 6 hours later: CASE CLOSED!

Consulate
Sep 13: INTERVIEW scheduled, email letter arrived
Sep 15: MEDICAL in Stockholm
Sep 23: Packet Left NVC -> Embassy
Oct 31: INTERVIEW 4-minutes and DONE. APPROVED. Visa is "in the mail"

Nov 27: arrival in USA

DIVORCE: final May 2015 - never whould have married without dating in-person for at least a year.

Timeline

Wow, you nailed it again!! ;)) I guess I'm just getting confused about the CR-1/IR-1 visa but these two are just basically FORM I-130. With CR-1 as married to spouse less than 2 years and IR-1 as married to spouse for more than 2 years, I think!? I love this EznewGuideSpouse which I will peruse in a bit.

As far as your best possible way "EB-5", 1mil hah... has to be liquid?! ;)) ;)) Dang!!! I guess I had to go with the doable one (since I am a dollar short), send I-130 with the cover letter as you suggested (is this where I attach all my details as far as letters and so on?!) Okay, I guess I better ask the wife to send new forms G-325a with signatures already and wait for that and to be included in the packet – with matching big red letters "I-130 Spouse Expedite" outside, my wife would say!!

What else can I say but thank you so much... I will work on this and in turn will do my timeline when I get a chance, I just need to soak up all these awesome info. God bless you and your family!!!

Excellent. One thing specific to you - you are recent USA citizen, right? So include copy of Naturalization certificate with initial I-130 submittal.

One of my bosses, ages past, told me - You can have it good, fast, or cheap. Pick two of them.

Later, as I got older, I extrapolated it to add: The one missing? it's opposite, is the thing you need to add to make it perfect. Perfection is impossible, mostly.

Good Luck to you and yours, I pray the expedite goes smoothly.

A note about the expedite:

Write a paragraph in YOUR COVER LETTER, requesting the expedite, citing the reason(s ) for the expedite. Put this cover letter on the top of the pile when you assemble it for mailing.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

@A&M, Darell and all... Thank you so much for your help and time! This is exactly what I am looking for a straight forward almost step-by-step procedure to file for a petition for my wife and with my circumstances! Again, you guys are simply amazing...

Although, I still have a few questions below:

1. With the cover letter whom should I be addressing this to?

2. Regarding the G-325a, writing the “will sign at embassy,” has anyone at all use this technique in the past and pass!? Because, I really want to send this packet asap!

3. After receiving my hard copy of I-130 Receipt known as Notice of Action (NOA1,) should I send them another “Letter” to expedite matters since this is the time that it will take up to 6 months waiting period!? ***I haven't even posted this reply yet and already received an answer to my question, wow!!! God is watching me :)

4. It's so hard to choose between any of these: good, fast, cheap, and/or perfection -- especially when you're dealing with an OCD guy and gal ;))

***Penquin_ie said the following: “You will need to expedite three times, as the different offices don't talk well to each other: first, at USCIS stage, with a letter and marking your envelope as Darnell suggested. As soon as you have NOA1 (a receipt you should be sent a couple of weeks after the petition is received), contact your congress man, give them the number on NOA1 and ask for their help, but they are kinda correct, they can do the most good once the paperwork is at the embassy. Still, no harm asking for help beforehand! When the petition gets to NVC stage, phone them to expedite (you may be asked to send doctors letter again), and once it reaches the consulate, call them and ask for expedite again.”

Thanks again for everything – Good Samaritans you!!!

06/27/11: Filing “Form I-130 IR-1” and Expediting it with Humanitarian cover letter.

07/08/11: Mailed I-130 to P.O. Box 804525, Attn. EXPEDITE I-130 SPOUSE, Chicago, IL.

07/18/11: Received Hardcopy Form I-797C or NOA1 in mail, receipt date 7/13/11 and priority date 7/12/11.

09/13/11: Received NVC Case# & IIN# (via email) & emailed DS-3032 from PI to NVC.

09/14/11: AOS Fee Paid Online (status PAID on 9/15 also at this time IV Fee Bill Generated)

09/16/11: IV Fee Bill Paid Online (status PAID on 9/19 and printed Barcoded Coversheets)

10/16/11: Called USEManila file ready! Called Appt. Services set up Interview Date for 11/9/11.

11/09/11: Interview. But had to comply with 221g, re-verification forms CENOMAR/NBI.

Timeline

1. The office listed in the mailing address in the I-130 instructions.

2. This works for a K-1 visa - I not know if it works for an IR-1 visa - but is worthwhile to try it. Just because I don't know, doesn't mean it won't work. There's SPECIFIC instructions for I-129F adjudication at VSC covering this lack of signature on the G-325A, unknown if it is acceptable for I-130 adjudication, or not.

3. 2nd letter, them = US Congressman, Immigration Liason Staffer (this is a human worker at yer congressman's office) - you'd be getting them involved with the expedite about 3 weeks after the casefile has hit USCIS/Service Center - IMO, it's a backup route to ensure that the expedite request was actually looked at. Remember, you are asking for an expedite, so concept of '6 months time at USCIS stage' is not the phrase that pays, you are hoping for 30 to 45 days of total time at USCIS, maybe 3 weeks at NVC, then 2 weeks of casefile transit time from NVC to US Embassy Manila IV Unit.

3a. ocd can help you - get big sheets of drawing paper and green crayon, map out the steps that you need to take. Do this 4 or 5 times, until the steps are second nature and you can recite them each morning as yer waking up, still in the bed. (No, I'm not kidding - take advantage of yer condition, nail this stuff into yer brain the right way)

3b. ya, can get expedites at each level - USCIS, NVC, Embassy - each approach to getting it is different, it's good yer mapping it out, now, today-ish - so no surprises when you hit the next stage of 'what to do'.

4. You must pick 2. You must.

Good Luck !

Edited by Darnell

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Really, thank you so much for all the help! I am so overwhelmed with all these stuff, from gathering all the data, reading (deep read ;) ) and filling out forms, etc. The bottom line is with my condition (ill), circumstances (no income/wife no ties) and my help from doctor/congressman (will intervene during interview process - letter or phone call perhaps!?)

I just want to find out the best possible way - the soonest to get my wife here with me (to get an interview.) Non-Immigrant or Immigrant? Tourist or the IR/CR ways? And keeping in mind that it must be approved! So, please let me know which one... with reasoning even better!!! How can I start a poll here? Thank you for your thoughts!

The best way is to file the I-130 ASAP, regardless of anything else. You can also ask for an expedite and that will be granted if justified. Also, if justified, your congressperson can assist you in obtaining an emergency visitor visa for your wife to come take care of you. She'll still have to go back to Manila to complete the immigrant visa process but may well be able to travel here to assist you if clearly justified.

I've seen personally only one such case. It was a diabetic who was emergency evacuated from China to have a lower leg amputation in California. Within a few weeks a congressperson had assisted in obtaining a visitor visa for his wife.

Of course, at some point, you'll need to deal with the sponsorship issue.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

I've seen personally only one such case. It was a diabetic who was emergency evacuated from China to have a lower leg amputation in California. Within a few weeks a congressperson had assisted in obtaining a visitor visa for his wife.

Would that person not normally be given humanitarian parole rather than a visitor's visa? Or is HP only given at the border if you just turn up, so a bit of a ####### shot?

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

Would that person not normally be given humanitarian parole rather than a visitor's visa? Or is HP only given at the border if you just turn up, so a bit of a ####### shot?

I'm not familiar with humanitarian parole but the visa was given for humanitarian reasons.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

1. The office listed in the mailing address in the I-130 instructions.

2. This works for a K-1 visa - I not know if it works for an IR-1 visa - but is worthwhile to try it. Just because I don't know, doesn't mean it won't work. There's SPECIFIC instructions for I-129F adjudication at VSC covering this lack of signature on the G-325A, unknown if it is acceptable for I-130 adjudication, or not.

3. 2nd letter, them = US Congressman, Immigration Liason Staffer (this is a human worker at yer congressman's office) - you'd be getting them involved with the expedite about 3 weeks after the casefile has hit USCIS/Service Center - IMO, it's a backup route to ensure that the expedite request was actually looked at. Remember, you are asking for an expedite, so concept of '6 months time at USCIS stage' is not the phrase that pays, you are hoping for 30 to 45 days of total time at USCIS, maybe 3 weeks at NVC, then 2 weeks of casefile transit time from NVC to US Embassy Manila IV Unit.

3a. ocd can help you - get big sheets of drawing paper and green crayon, map out the steps that you need to take. Do this 4 or 5 times, until the steps are second nature and you can recite them each morning as yer waking up, still in the bed. (No, I'm not kidding - take advantage of yer condition, nail this stuff into yer brain the right way)

3b. ya, can get expedites at each level - USCIS, NVC, Embassy - each approach to getting it is different, it's good yer mapping it out, now, today-ish - so no surprises when you hit the next stage of 'what to do'.

4. You must pick 2. You must.

Good Luck !

@Pushbrk, Penguin_ie, Sergi9 and Darnell. ***Thank you so much for all your feedback, I really do appreciate it! But a follow up question remains:

1. As far as the Cover Letter (CL), just address it to: "to whom it may concern:" at each particular addressee?

2. As far as writing the "will sign at embassy" vs signed n dated form on G-325A. We'll play it safe and just get it signed and mailed to me (few days delay won't hurt.)

3a. As for the 2nd CL, I'll be waiting for the NOA1 to arrive and send 2nd CL to USCIS/Service Center which is located in Chicago or the local office in Houston, TX? Is there a way to track the progress from here? Then, when we have a reference number and date of interview -- this is the time the Congressman will intervene at the US Embassy Manila (IV Unit?)

3b. It is really so hard to picture the sequence of events. Without really mapping it out or writing it on a big paper and plotting steps and results -- when I get chance, I promise!

3c. Good to know... so a total of 4 CL's are needed at each level to insure the progress, will do-ish!

4. My 2 picks are: Perfection (which includes good and slow) and Cheap as the going rate of all these paperwork and other things are getting to be so darn expensive!

Additional, silly 3 questions below:

For Form G-325A

5. First line, last column: File number: leave it blank or enter "none"?

6. Third to last line, "This form is submitted in connection with an application for: Mark X on Other and specify as: enter "Immigration" or just put "I-130/IR-1"

For Form I-130

7. Section C. Info about your alien relative (continued) Number 17. List wife and all children of your relative. Do I put my wife's information again on the line provided?

Thank you again... Pre-timeline "June 28, 2011 Almost done with I-130 and G-325a."

Next in line; gather all necessary proof and other important paperwork such as evidence of marriage, divorce decree. Make copies of all pertinent info.

Then, in Que, do G-1145 for email/phone notification.

Timeline

@Pushbrk, Penguin_ie, Sergi9 and Darnell. ***Thank you so much for all your feedback, I really do appreciate it! But a follow up question remains:

1. As far as the Cover Letter (CL), just address it to: "to whom it may concern:" at each particular addressee?

2. As far as writing the "will sign at embassy" vs signed n dated form on G-325A. We'll play it safe and just get it signed and mailed to me (few days delay won't hurt.)

3a. As for the 2nd CL, I'll be waiting for the NOA1 to arrive and send 2nd CL to USCIS/Service Center which is located in Chicago or the local office in Houston, TX? Is there a way to track the progress from here? Then, when we have a reference number and date of interview -- this is the time the Congressman will intervene at the US Embassy Manila (IV Unit?)

3b. It is really so hard to picture the sequence of events. Without really mapping it out or writing it on a big paper and plotting steps and results -- when I get chance, I promise!

3c. Good to know... so a total of 4 CL's are needed at each level to insure the progress, will do-ish!

4. My 2 picks are: Perfection (which includes good and slow) and Cheap as the going rate of all these paperwork and other things are getting to be so darn expensive!

Additional, silly 3 questions below:

For Form G-325A

5. First line, last column: File number: leave it blank or enter "none"?

6. Third to last line, "This form is submitted in connection with an application for: Mark X on Other and specify as: enter "Immigration" or just put "I-130/IR-1"

For Form I-130

7. Section C. Info about your alien relative (continued) Number 17. List wife and all children of your relative. Do I put my wife's information again on the line provided?

Thank you again... Pre-timeline "June 28, 2011 Almost done with I-130 and G-325a."

Next in line; gather all necessary proof and other important paperwork such as evidence of marriage, divorce decree. Make copies of all pertinent info.

Then, in Que, do G-1145 for email/phone notification.

Too many questions all at once for me. For 7. YOU are your alien relative's spouse, so YOUR name goes in that section and then any children SHE has.

You have a file number but your wife probably doesn't. Yes, the "will sign at Consulate" works fine but if she's needing to mail you ANYTHING, before filing, I would have her mail a signed G325a.

The rest of your questions really are covered in either the guides or example forms.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

The lockbox facility in Chicago where you send the I-130 is nothing more than an intake facility. They collect the fee and send the file to the service center in California or Vermont. Only those two service centers adjudicate I-130's.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

@pushbrk and Ryan H. ***thanks for the input again... I really do appreciate them all!!!

The answer you gave me on number 7. OMG! I'm glad I asked this question, I didn't really comprehend this one, I thought this is my wife’s line?! You also mention I have a “file number?” When and where did I get this number from? Since I'm filing for the first time? I will not be doing the “will sign,” at this time, since my wife will be sending other important stuff also.

As for Ryan H, after filing the I-130 and USCIS forwards my petition to NVC. I should receive my case number now, which in turn I'll go ahead and send another CL letter to NVC with my doctor's and congressman's letter (hopefully I will get the proper address, if there's more than one NVC.) Then, do this step again before the interview to US embassy in the Philippines, God willing!!!

Thank you guys! And please let me know if there's anything else I left out or better yet which one is the most IMPORTANT step in this process of IR-1, anyone? Have a great day or night! You good Samaritans you!

Timeline

@pushbrk and Ryan H. ***thanks for the input again... I really do appreciate them all!!!

The answer you gave me on number 7. OMG! I'm glad I asked this question, I didn't really comprehend this one, I thought this is my wife's line?! You also mention I have a "file number?" When and where did I get this number from? Since I'm filing for the first time? I will not be doing the "will sign," at this time, since my wife will be sending other important stuff also.

As for Ryan H, after filing the I-130 and USCIS forwards my petition to NVC. I should receive my case number now, which in turn I'll go ahead and send another CL letter to NVC with my doctor's and congressman's letter (hopefully I will get the proper address, if there's more than one NVC.) Then, do this step again before the interview to US embassy in the Philippines, God willing!!!

Thank you guys! And please let me know if there's anything else I left out or better yet which one is the most IMPORTANT step in this process of IR-1, anyone? Have a great day or night! You good Samaritans you!

Your file number is your A Number. You'll find it on your old green card. Most citizens don't have one but Naturalized citizens do. If you can't find it, just enter unknown.

Remember, this is YOUR petition, not her application, so when asked about YOUR relative.....

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Just a quick question on Form I-130, if I put “N/A” on #14 as the petitioner. Do I need to mark “X” NO on #14b? Because on sample I-130 it was left blank on both Yes and No.

Also, looking ahead on Form I-864, #9 on paragraph 3 states, “ Additionally, petitioners (or joint sponsors, if needed) filing an I-864 AOS are required to submit ONLY ONE YEAR'S TAX RETURN, THE MOST RECENT AVAILABLE AS OF THE DATE THE SUBMITTED I-864 AOS WAS SIGNED (this is a change from the previous requirement of submitting tax returns from the three most recent tax years).” Is this the latest and correct one now? http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3217.html

Happy 4th of July to all and God bless America!!!

Edited by JoeVisa

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.