CanTex

Rejected EAD & Advance Parol

21 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

After a month of having my docs, USCIS sent my documents back - rejected. Indicating that I

had not sent in the checks/fees for such filing. The instructions online and a chat with a

USCIS rep indicates that there is no filing fee. I have emailed DHS.GOV and asked for a review.

In the meantime, should I resend the original package with the printout from USCIS to show why

no check was included with the application. Should it be a new application or the old one. Now

that my pictures are 1.5 months old will they still accept them.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Kenya
Timeline

After a month of having my docs, USCIS sent my documents back - rejected. Indicating that I

had not sent in the checks/fees for such filing. The instructions online and a chat with a

USCIS rep indicates that there is no filing fee. I have emailed DHS.GOV and asked for a review.

In the meantime, should I resend the original package with the printout from USCIS to show why

no check was included with the application. Should it be a new application or the old one. Now

Thanks

Which forms exactly did you file and how much did you pay?

AOS

May 18 2011 - (Day 0) Sent AOS Packet via Next Day Delivery

May 19 2011 - (Day 1) Received by USCIS Chicago Lockbox

May 25 2011 - (Day 7) Text/Email Notifications Received for Acceptance

May 26 2011 - (Day 8) Checks cashed

May 27 2011 - (Day 9) Cases touched

May 31 2011 - (Day 13) Received Hard Copy NOA1s

Jun 09 2011 - (Day 22) Email for RFE

Jun 13 2011 - (Day 26) Hard Copy RFE (Mailed it back Jun 13)

Jun 14 2011 - (Day 27) RFE response delivered by USPS

Jun 16 2011 - (Day 29) Case under RFE Response Review

Jun 20 2011 - (Day 33) Received Biometrics Letter (Scheduled for Jul 13)

Jun 20 2011 - (Day 33) Walk-in Biometrics successful

Jun 21 2011 - (Day 34) Contacted Senator to expedite EAD

Jun 22 2011 - (Day 35) Email for EAD Card Production

Jun 27 2011 - (Day 40) Received Interview Letter by mail (Scheduled for Aug 2)

Jun 29 2011 - (Day 42) I-485 Touch (Testing and Interview phase)

Jun 29 2011 - (Day 42) Email for EAD mailed (Post Decision Activity)

July 01 2011 - (Day 44) EAD Card in hand

Did you file for the AP and EAD separate from the Adjustment of Status application? If so, did you include a copy of your Adjustment of Status NOA with the AP and EAD application to show you are pending Adjustment of Status? There is a fee if the applications are not shown to be interim benefits associated with Adjustment of Status.

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

We filed Ajustment of Status (I-485); EAD (I-765) and Advance Parole, all at one time, June 30, 2010.

My docs expire August 19, 2011. I sent in a copy of my Work Permit and the Notice of Action from the

Adjustment of Status that it was received and we paid $1010.00. I have an email to DHS.GOV, but I'm

worried that as busy as they are they won't respond in time for me to do whatever is needed to do.

Hmm.

We filed Ajustment of Status (I-485); EAD (I-765) and Advance Parole, all at one time, June 30, 2010.

My docs expire August 19, 2011. I sent in a copy of my Work Permit and the Notice of Action from the

Adjustment of Status that it was received and we paid $1010.00. I have an email to DHS.GOV, but I'm

worried that as busy as they are they won't respond in time for me to do whatever is needed to do.

Hmm.

Do you have a green card? By now you should have one. If you do have a GC, there is no reason to get another EAD or AP.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

did you include in the renewal a copy of the NOA1 for original I-485 filing?

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

May be time to get your spouse's representative involved as it has been over 6 months and no AOS GC.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Thanks

We seem to be in the same boat about the delayed GC. We also filed on June 2nd 2010 and have yet to receive the green card. We also sent our documents at the Chicago lockbox. If you don't mind me asking, what state are you in???? I also filed for my renewal of EAD/AP in April of this year and have already received them. I did not send a check because its free. Did you use online filing or paper filing? I tried using online but it kept asking me to pay money so i used paper filing. It took around 2 weeks to get my AP and maybe 1.5 months to get the EAD. I did this all by myself without a lawyer, it was pretty straight forward. They were both expiring in August. Look at my timeline.

We have not gotten any RFE since our interview in September 21st. Let me know if i can be of any help regarding your filling for the AP/EAD.

AOS Timeline:

June 2nd 2010- Filed for adjustment of status

June 16th 2010- Biometrics letter received scheduled for July 9th.

August 9th 2010- AOS interview letter received. Interview scheduled for September 21st, 2010.

August 14th 2010- EAD arrived finally!!!! Thank you God.

September 21st 2010- GC Interview @ 0100

April 20, 2011- Applied to renew EAD &AP (paper)

May 9, 2011- AP RECEIVED! Talk about fast service!

June 8, 2011- EAD card received!

September 20th, 2011- Home visit by USCIS officers!!!!

November 21st- Fingerprint notice for Dec1st

December 5th- Card Production Ordered email/text

December 7th- Card production ordered again email/text

December 8th- Decision on case status email/text

December 10th -GREEN CARD RECEIVED IN THE MAIL, WHOOP WHOOP !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: South Africa
Timeline

Hmm.

Is the new filing fee $1070? When did the new fee increase take effect?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Is the new filing fee $1070? When did the new fee increase take effect?

Yes the fee for AOS is 1070$

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Hey,

Take a deep breath and stop panicking!!

I don't know under which category you are applying under, but the filing fee for I-485 is $1070.00. I wrote about here is the link: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/315168-my-i485-journey/

Here is what happened to me

as of June 13 2011 the fee to register as a permanent resident is $1070.00(Make sure that you always check www.uscis.gov for the exact filing fee because it slightly changes each year. The reason why I said that is because I have an interesting story about it.

Story: I was filing for I 485 and right before I wrote my check to the department of homeland security I went to some website other than the USCIS website to know the exact filing fee and it said $1010.00 which use to be the old filing fee. I went ahead, wrote my check, and sent my package to USCIS in Chicago and obviously it got return(AFTER A MONTH) because it was the wrong amount.

2- Since my package was return from USCIS does that mean that I have to print more forms and redo the photocopies?

The answer is no. From my experience when my package got return, it had some stuff that were written on the side as if someone put them through a computer( it had date and others kind of code), so I was worried that I had to make new photocopies of everything. I called the help line and they told me that I didn’t have to. The same day I got my package back from USCIS I went to the bank, wrote a new check and sent it back to USCIS in Chicago.

Write the right amount on the check which is $1070.00(including EAD, if you paid that amount you do not need to pay for EAD again)

Good Luck

Check out the link I sent you

Hopefully this help

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

No greencard yet. Still no interview in San Antonio for our I-485. They are reviewing our file,

we have called and called. That is why I am renewing.

Did you say you paid $1010???

My fee was $1070.

The OP already paid the correct fee when he applied in June 2010 (a year ago). He has AOS pending and wants to renew his EAD and AP. His RENEWAL application got rejected, not the whole AOS application. The OP needs to answer whether or not he put his NOA1 for the AOS with his application.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Did you say you paid $1010???

My fee was $1070.

As Harpa said last year it was $1010 but as of November last year it went to $1070 so the new price is $1070 but OP did this last year at old price

Divorced !st November 2012.

Married only 2 years 1 month

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.