Dante & Geor

Would be a reason for denial or AP?

26 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Our son was born in Sonora, Mexico. We had started his CRBA, almost at the same time that we received our Visa appointment. Since we were not married when our son was born, we were just about to go through the blood tests to verify that he is ours. Otherwise, I think, any mother can just put an American man's name and claim that he is the father. By checking our DNA, they know that we are both his parents. We did not hide the fact that I was his father when we went through the Visa interview in Juarez. We submitted his birth certificate, and I filled out all the forms as his father. We did not hide the truth. We had to put him on the I-129f forms. Since the US government did not recognize his citizenship, we had to get him a Mexican Passport. He received a K-2 Visa, along with her other two boys, and a K-1 for her.

What made this even more complicated is that we were under a time limit, since I did not have a passport, and therefore could not stay with her in Juarez. We decided that I would just take the risk crossing the border without an American passport, but I did make several attempts at informing the people at our POE that I would be crossing on, or about June 1st, 2009. We crossed, the whole lot of us, on June 4th, without any problems.

We are only now financially ready to try and get our son's birth abroad registered. We expect to have to answer questions concerning his situation, but considering we have hidden nothing up to now, we are not too worried. We can, all three of us, go to where the blood work is done, show our proof, and he will finally be accepted as an American. He, although, will never be able to become president.

Some people say that we broke the law. We were not about to stay in Mexico one more day than was necessary. We will deal with this problem the best that we can. I do not believe that anyone will get deported, but we will see then what the consequences will be.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Our son was born in Sonora, Mexico. We had started his CRBA, almost at the same time that we received our Visa appointment. Since we were not married when our son was born, we were just about to go through the blood tests to verify that he is ours. Otherwise, I think, any mother can just put an American man's name and claim that he is the father. By checking our DNA, they know that we are both his parents. We did not hide the fact that I was his father when we went through the Visa interview in Juarez. We submitted his birth certificate, and I filled out all the forms as his father. We did not hide the truth. We had to put him on the I-129f forms. Since the US government did not recognize his citizenship, we had to get him a Mexican Passport. He received a K-2 Visa, along with her other two boys, and a K-1 for her.

What made this even more complicated is that we were under a time limit, since I did not have a passport, and therefore could not stay with her in Juarez. We decided that I would just take the risk crossing the border without an American passport, but I did make several attempts at informing the people at our POE that I would be crossing on, or about June 1st, 2009. We crossed, the whole lot of us, on June 4th, without any problems.

We are only now financially ready to try and get our son's birth abroad registered. We expect to have to answer questions concerning his situation, but considering we have hidden nothing up to now, we are not too worried. We can, all three of us, go to where the blood work is done, show our proof, and he will finally be accepted as an American. He, although, will never be able to become president.

Some people say that we broke the law. We were not about to stay in Mexico one more day than was necessary. We will deal with this problem the best that we can. I do not believe that anyone will get deported, but we will see then what the consequences will be.

So, you're saying he got a k-2 visa just as your fiance's kids? But you did your DNA test? and the whole process of the CRBA? We're not trying to hide the truth here, we are just concern about the fact that we had to list him in the I-129F but he still hasn't his CRBA

10-24-2012: AOS, EAD, AP Sent

11-04-2012: NOA1 AOS, EAD, AP

11-06-2012: Biometrics App Letter

11-16-2012: My baby boy was born

11-19-2012: Biometrics Appointment

12-29-2012: AP Approved

01-04-2013: EAD Approved

01-10-2013: Combo Card Arrived

ceE0m5.png iZBZm5.png

O8N4m5.png Zn0gm5.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

We have not completed the CRBA. We submitted our evidence, but will have to find a civil surgeon, or whomever is required, to have our blood drawn. And, yes, he is here on a K-2 Visa.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

just ask him to send you the docs that needed on the interview for CRBA.you can have your interview even without the US citizen.

you sure? :unsure: if that's so, I will start like tomorrow

10-24-2012: AOS, EAD, AP Sent

11-04-2012: NOA1 AOS, EAD, AP

11-06-2012: Biometrics App Letter

11-16-2012: My baby boy was born

11-19-2012: Biometrics Appointment

12-29-2012: AP Approved

01-04-2013: EAD Approved

01-10-2013: Combo Card Arrived

ceE0m5.png iZBZm5.png

O8N4m5.png Zn0gm5.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

From the Lima embassy website >>>> http://lima.usembassy.gov/birth_abroad.html

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Penguin_ie is correct this may not lead into denial but may cause delay. CO will not issue a visa for your child because he is eligible to become a US citizenship. Your fiance don't need to show up during interview just like mine. There are some paper works to do in case your fiance can't go with you during interview for CRBA. They are not going to issue a visa for your child. I read someone post here that her visa got denied because her child is eligible to become a US citizen. If there's still time you can apply CRBA for your son. I did all the paper works and all my fiance did was to sign all the papers /forms that he needed to sign since he can't take a leave of absence from his job. The CO asked me why my fiance wasn't there, so i told him that he is working and he can't take vacation leave cause he just got permanent. The CO will understand that part, as long as before your interview your papers/forms are well prepared. They are not going to give you a hard time. You can go to your country USEM website and you can find there what is the requirements in applying for a visa. It is easy if both of you will cooperate. Goodluck

K-1 VISA APPLICATION

June 13, 2011 - Application send to USCIS thru Fedex

June 17, 2011 - I-129F Packet received by USCIS Signed for by: JCATES

June 22, 2011 - NOA1 (via email)

Oct. 12, 2011 - NOA2 (on USCIS website)

Nov. 28, 2011 - VISA APPROVED . Thank you Lord!!!

For more Info: Please look at my timeline...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am sorry "You can go to your country USEM website and you can find there what is the requirements in applying for a visa' I meant CRBA. sorry for my mistake.

K-1 VISA APPLICATION

June 13, 2011 - Application send to USCIS thru Fedex

June 17, 2011 - I-129F Packet received by USCIS Signed for by: JCATES

June 22, 2011 - NOA1 (via email)

Oct. 12, 2011 - NOA2 (on USCIS website)

Nov. 28, 2011 - VISA APPROVED . Thank you Lord!!!

For more Info: Please look at my timeline...

Filed: Other Timeline

Actually thats not true, if your son and his USC parent meet the requirements for getting a CRBA he will in fact be a natural born citizen and therefore eligible for the US presidency.

I believe it will be moot whether he currently holds permanent residency or not, if the qualifications are met he is already a natural born citizen and the CRBA is just documentation of that fact.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

My fiance and I have a 3yr old child, due to lack of time, we didn't get his CRBA (mi fiance after I got pregnant found a job that doesn't allow him to take much leaves, although he's been around here, never with the good timing to make all the paperwork) :unsure:

Now we put his name in the I-129F since you need to list all the kids... but what would happen at the interview? Is this a reason for me to get a denial? or they would just won't gave him a k-2 ?? I'm kinda worry over here. My fiance schedule for this year is all full of work, and he's unable to come and do the paperwork? What are our options?? Please help, any advise.... :unsure: :unsure:

It is not a reason for you to be denied. The child needs a passport and will not get a visa, the child is not eligible for a visa, he is a citizen. He needs a passport to travel, just like I do.

Your fiance needs to make this a priority and do what needs to be done. I am not sure if he can do this at a consulate here or not but it is not optional.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Actually thats not true, if your son and his USC parent meet the requirements for getting a CRBA he will in fact be a natural born citizen and therefore eligible for the US presidency.

This has never been clearly defined by law. This issue has been batted around in US courts since Chester A. Arthur was president, but it's never been resolved. Even today, there are legal scholars who argue that the intent of Section 1, Article 2 of the Constitution was to prevent anyone born abroad from serving as president, even if they acquired citizenship at birth. This topic is addressed in chapter 7 of the Foreign Affairs Manual, 7 FAM 1131.6-2:

http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/86757.pdf

7 FAM 1131.6-2 Eligibility for Presidency

a. It has never been determined definitively by a court whether a person who acquired U.S. citizenship by birth abroad to U.S. citizens is a natural-born citizen within the meaning of Article II of the Constitution and, therefore, eligible for the Presidency.

To date, there has not been a US president who was proven to have been born outside the US, though there have been presidential candidates born abroad. John McCain's eligibility was challenged because he was born in the Panama Canal Zone. The issue wasn't resolved in court because Congress passed an act specifically recognizing McCain's eligibility to run for the presidency. Even Senator Barack Obama signed that act.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.