Mariye & Ky

DECEMBERITE FAMILY 2010 Part 2

425 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm sorry ferincor :( that's terrible news, I hope he comes around. And Mari is right, you're always a Decemberite!

Bec that is so exciting about your plans! I'm so jealous that I won't be going to Atlanta until the end of October, but this way you guys will start going through all the other work before me so you can advise me, I'll be all set! :P hahah

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

hi all,

My visa application was approved today.

The questions they asked me were:

how did you get to know each other?

Have either of you been married? (I said no. first time. and last time).

Do you have any kids? (no)

What job do you currently have now? Do you have a job in US?

What does you fiance do?

What are your wedding plans?

They focus their attention mainly on the evidence provided.

Being work nerds, we did a powerpoint that showed the timeline (when we first met..date...and showed all the trips we had made).

she used that as her reference mostly..in fact...she stopped me from explaining the different times we had met...

At the end, she said to me, "its nice to have such an easy and straightforward case for a change!".

Your visa has been approved. Please collect your passport and papers a week from now. It is valid for 6 months.

HAHA.

apart from the questioning..what was gruelling was the wait.

a 45mins wait to submit your documents and have a lady check it. she also asked me questions (see above)

a 2hour wait to meet the officer where she asked more detailed questions.

the interview was weird...it was a room full of people waiting (for immigrant and non-immigrant visas)...you have to stand at the window and talk to them.

I thought it would be a private room..with nice "comfy chairs"

i saw a lot of people tip toe-ing....and you also hear a lot of people's stories (everyone hears all your answers!)

i saw a couple get turned down at the first lady because the guy couldnt get his wedding date right, and some other issues...she was quite hard on the questioning.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi all,

What does you fiance do?

Being work nerds, we did a powerpoint that showed the timeline (when we first met..date...and showed all the trips we had made).

she used that as her reference mostly..in fact...she stopped me from explaining the different times we had met...

At the end, she said to me, "its nice to have such an easy and straightforward case for a change!".

Your visa has been approved. Please collect your passport and papers a week from now. It is valid for 6 months.

HAHA.

a 45mins wait to submit your documents and have a lady check it. she also asked me questions (see above)

the interview was weird...it was a room full of people waiting (for immigrant and non-immigrant visas)...you have to stand at the window and talk to them.

i saw a lot of people tip toe-ing....and you also hear a lot of people's stories (everyone hears all your answers!)

i saw a couple get turned down at the first lady because the guy couldnt get his wedding date right, and some other issues...she was quite hard on the questioning.

Congratz!!! Also nice work on your prep for the interview, super organized! :thumbs:

wow...that sounds kinda tough! Good for you for making it through. Awesome job!!!! and CONGRATULATIONS!!

2010 K1 December Filers: December Filers Citizenship Help

---
Let's get this Citizenship party started:
Dec 28. 2011 - Sent AOS Forms
May 15. 2012 - Green Card in Hand
Jun 12. 2012 - Our 1st Baby was born! :)

Oct 14. 2014 - ROC approved.
---

08/16/2015 - Looking into Citizenship process!

Click Here for a detailed timeline of our K1 Journey.

Anybody seen or heard from Mari?!

---

---

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

hi all,

What does you fiance do?

HAHA.

This is EXCELLENT NEWS!!! Thanks for the help on the questions and the "nerdy" timeline you provided them... Really well done! See you in San Fran Gyselle!!!

Mari

Anybody seen or heard from Mari?!

HERE I AM!!! Thanks for checking up and looking out for me... I love our Decemberite Fam.

Well, K and I have had several setbacks... ugh. But good thing the Decemberite Family had "Plan B's" to back us up. When K came home from base, his father took ill so we delayed our plans, changed our wedding date for just after his POE date --- moved it out by 3 mos so he can help with his family. This means, I'll look for flights for me to go at the end of Aug or beginning of Sept, help take care of Dad, come home without him and K will have to fly in after that. I might just wait it out & fly later till he's on his way for POE (Plan C??) in case of emergency. It's been v e r y difficult for us both since we thought we'd be together by August! :crying: This is the kind of stuff where real testing comes in I guess. Celebrations are exchanged for the care of our parent(s)... it wouldn't be a celebration without them for us.

We have had some trying moments through this I can assure you, with the fear [of the unknown] from his dad's condition at one point, his taking on a job that he's over exhausted constantly (AND CRANKY lol), and my sobbing over minor setbacks clearly interferring with us in general making it ridiculous enough I have to go there MYSELF! :girlwerewolf2xn: = :ranting: .

That's the update but it's alllllll gooood.

sparkling-usa-flag.gifMarivalentine60.gifKadir Turkey%20flag-L-anim.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

hi all,

What does you fiance do?

HAHA.

Congratulations. star_smile.gif

USCIS

NOA1 08/19/08

NOA2 01/20/09

NVC

Received 01/26/09

Completed 02/13/09 (19 Days)

Interview Assigned 03/27/09 (6 weeks after NVC completion)

Medical

04/14/09 (Toronto)

Interview

Montreal 05/12/09 (88 days after NVC completion) **APPROVED**

POE

06/16/09 Buffalo

07/02/09 Welcome Letter Received

07/07/09 Applied for SSN

07/10/09 "Card production ordered" email received

07/13/09 SSN received

07/14/09 "Approval notice sent" email received

07/17/09 GREEN CARD received

Removal of Conditions

03/21/11 I-751 mailed to VSC

03/23/11 I-751 received at VSC

03/29/11 Cheque Cashed

03/30/11 NOA1 received (3/24/11)

04/11/11 Biometrics appointment notice received

05/05/11 Biometric appointment

12/13/11 **Approval date** (5 days short of 9 months!)

12/19/11 Approval letter and green card received

Naturalization

05/16/2019 Filed online (estimated completion February 2020)

05/18/2019 Biometrics scheduled

05/21/2019 Receipt notice and biometrics notices posted to online account.05/23/2019 Hard copy of NOA1 received

05/24/2019 Hard copy of biometrics appointment received

06/07/2019 Biometrics appointment (estimated completion January 2020)

12/31/2019 Email received "Interview scheduled"

01/01/2020 Interview date notice posted to online account (02/19/2020)

01/05/2019 Hard copy of interview appointment received

02/19/2020 Interview (**Approved**) and same day Oath Ceremony. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Whoo hoo!!! Visa in hand and I'm back in the us for a frantic jobsearch... More details later my last leg of my last flight of four is boarding. Love to all!!!

Welcome HOME sister!!!!!!!!

sparkling-usa-flag.gifMarivalentine60.gifKadir Turkey%20flag-L-anim.gif

This is EXCELLENT NEWS!!! Thanks for the help on the questions and the "nerdy" timeline you provided them... Really well done! See you in San Fran Gyselle!!!

Mari

HERE I AM!!! Thanks for checking up and looking out for me... I love our Decemberite Fam.

Well, K and I have had several setbacks... ugh. But good thing the Decemberite Family had "Plan B's" to back us up. When K came home from base, his father took ill so we delayed our plans, changed our wedding date for just after his POE date --- moved it out by 3 mos so he can help with his family. This means, I'll look for flights for me to go at the end of Aug or beginning of Sept, help take care of Dad, come home without him and K will have to fly in after that. I might just wait it out & fly later till he's on his way for POE (Plan C??) in case of emergency. It's been v e r y difficult for us both since we thought we'd be together by August! :crying: This is the kind of stuff where real testing comes in I guess. Celebrations are exchanged for the care of our parent(s)... it wouldn't be a celebration without them for us.

We have had some trying moments through this I can assure you, with the fear [of the unknown] from his dad's condition at one point, his taking on a job that he's over exhausted constantly (AND CRANKY lol), and my sobbing over minor setbacks clearly interferring with us in general making it ridiculous enough I have to go there MYSELF! :girlwerewolf2xn: = :ranting: .

Oh Mari...

I'm so sorry to hear that! Although I think that day will be here before you know it, it doesn't make it any easier right now. I cant imagine losing one of my parents especially right now so I can appreciate how much stress Kadir personally must be under and then the conflict of feelings you must be under. I pray that these few months go by quickly for you and that you will be in each others arms soon.

Have you guys considered going through with the interview process now? Your visa is good for 6 months once you have it. Might as well just get it out of the way.

Xo

That's the update but it's alllllll gooood.

Whoo hoo!!! Visa in hand and I'm back in the us for a frantic jobsearch... More details later my last leg of my last flight of four is boarding. Love to all!!!

Awesome news!! Congrats!!

---

---

We just had our first AOSer file!! neko!!!! It begins. Don't forget to visit the AOS forum. You can get there from my signature :)

---

---

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats Neko on being our first AOS!!

and Nikola, congrats on his visa! Fantastic news :)

I'm just waiting now for my interview at the end of August... feels so far away!

event.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm glad to hear that 'it's all good', Mari :) I was curious too how things were going with you and Kadir. Be strong and you'll get through these trials :) Love conquers all!

I was just wondering, I'm not crossing the American border until September 6th...should I be getting my AOS stuff ready now?? We're getting married on September 9th, but with so much going on right now, is it ok to wait til AFTER we're married to get it all together and sent in??? Just curious to know your opinions, group.

Thanks! Have a lovely Sunday :)

Love,

Tara

Matt&Tara

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.