edgarmanzo0916

Does age matter?? K1

27 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

i just starting reading some info online and seeing that having a big gap between our ages is a potential red flag to denial. me and my fiancee have been together for 6 years and we never thought this could be a reason for denial. it took is this long to decide what we were gonna do as far as us getting married. but now the age issue came up..i am 23 yrs old and she is 31. i go and see her at least twice a yr since ive been with her, we have bunch of phone records, PICTURES, emails letters, pics with her fam, will they still deny her cuz of age?? i think i have enough proof to show its a legitimate relationship and that we dont care about age. how can we prove that age isnt a factor in our relationship?

Edited by edgarmanzo0916

8 years isn't so much. Some people have 25 years age difference. Just show lots of proof to overcome any minimal negative effect (if any) an 8 year age gap would have. Though... you have been together since you were 17 and she was 25? Best of luck.

Edited by Harpa Timsah

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Timeline

8 years isn't so much. Some people have 25 years age difference. Just show lots of proof to overcome any minimal negative effect (if any) an 8 year age gap would have. Though... you have been together since you were 17 and she was 25? Best of luck.

weve been friends for a long time, our families are close since they live in a small town, in sept 2005 we started dating turned 18 that same month. yes i was legal, lmao, she had turned 26 the august before we became official. so on our 6th yr anniversary, i will be 24 and she will be 32. we have a lot of pics and letters, all sorts of proof. my itineraries evrything surprisingly i saved it all.

Timeline

Who is the petitioner? If male 23 is the petitioner I do not see a problem.

yes san diego i am the petitioner and 23 yrs old. just i dont see how it become a red flag. age is just a number and shouldnt matter when there is love in a relationship and you want to spend the rest of your life with that person

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

In this case no problem at all. The case where it may be red flag:

Female petitioner 50 y.o and male beneficiary 20 y.o., met once and immediately got married. Your case is a piece of cake.

Age difference does matter in the eyes of COs though. Not in your case!

Timeline

In this case no problem at all. The case where it may be red flag:

Female petitioner 50 y.o and male beneficiary 20 y.o., met once and immediately got married. Your case is a piece of cake.

Age difference does matter in the eyes of COs though. Not in your case!

ok pheeeew!!!! thanks san diego. i love her so much. weve been so far from each other for so long and if we survived through this long distance relationship for almost six years now, we definitely now know that we can be together forever...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

ok pheeeew!!!! thanks san diego. i love her so much. weve been so far from each other for so long and if we survived through this long distance relationship for almost six years now, we definitely now know that we can be together forever...

Good luck! Mexico allowed us to survive this long K1 wait. I moved my fiancee from Russia to Tijuana and was commuting to work every day through San Ysidro :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

yes san diego i am the petitioner and 23 yrs old. just i dont see how it become a red flag. age is just a number and shouldnt matter when there is love in a relationship and you want to spend the rest of your life with that person

My husband and I have an 8 year difference as well. I am the USC, the female, and I am the one that is 8 years older. We were together for 10 years before filing. It was never even mentioned at the consulate interview, or his green card interview. I don't see it as a problem, at all. BTW, I was 31, and he was 23 when we became a couple. :star:

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

My husband and I have an 8 year difference as well. I am the USC, the female, and I am the one that is 8 years older. We were together for 10 years before filing. It was never even mentioned at the consulate interview, or his green card interview. I don't see it as a problem, at all. BTW, I was 31, and he was 23 when we became a couple. :star:

seems like we almost have something in common. as far as ages. so there might be a possibility that they wont care.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

seems like we almost have something in common. as far as ages. so there might be a possibility that they wont care.

Nope. I do not think they will care. :thumbs:

It is not unusual for the culture there. Several of my husband's friends were dating, or married to older women too.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

i just starting reading some info online and seeing that having a big gap between our ages is a potential red flag to denial. me and my fiancee have been together for 6 years and we never thought this could be a reason for denial. it took is this long to decide what we were gonna do as far as us getting married. but now the age issue came up..i am 23 yrs old and she is 31. i go and see her at least twice a yr since ive been with her, we have bunch of phone records, PICTURES, emails letters, pics with her fam, will they still deny her cuz of age?? i think i have enough proof to show its a legitimate relationship and that we dont care about age. how can we prove that age isnt a factor in our relationship?

age difference is not a reason for denial...i have a friend...her fiancee is 27yrs older than her.but she was approved for a visa..and she's right now in the states.

proof of relationship does matters most..not the age gap difference.so dont worry.

good luck!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I don't see your age (8 years) an issue. I am the woman and the petitioner and I am 21 years older than my husband. We dated 21 months before marrying. Yes it was long distance online dating before we meet but we have much documented proofs and affidavits from friends and family to show this is real relationship. I am currently with him in his country and getting ready to start my filing process. We were just married May 3rd.

One thing I know is this interviewers are trained and know all the red flags of a "mail order bride/groom" marriage. I am not sweating it at all. Heck my husband is 1 year younger than my own daughter. But no worries. Stay tuned for good happy news as this journey of the immigration filing unfolds. Best to you and your wife.

Edited by dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.