Good Life

Vermont Center really Sucks

28 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Why is is taking CSC average of 3 months to adjudicate KI and it's taking VSC average of 6 months? I can understand some variables affecting both centers in terms of processing times, but 3 months ? This is more than ridiculous and it's beginning to really piss me off. I really miss my baby who is now 6 months pregnant and it's killing me that VSC is this bad! unfortunately there is nothing I can do but wait and pray for divine intervention because that's all I have now. For those that have got their NOA2s congrats and for those in the same boat as me, keep hope alive!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Right there with ya...

Just gotta keep hoping.

Good luck to us all! :unsure:

Mar 2011 - After 5mths denied for lost docs - Attempts to follow up failed. Mar 18 2012 - I-129F sent - No sign of NOA1 but they have banked the check...Jul 24 - Update - USCIS has located our file
Infopass Apt - they sorted through everything - our 2011 and 2012 file keep getting mixed up - getting us a Case# (still waiting) Dec- Infopass Appt- expecting to get a case # in about a week ..Still no Case number

Mar 2013 Infopass - advised file was in a box somewhere,and it would be quicker for us to refile. Life gets in the way... New petition submitted July 2014 .
I-129F Sent : Jul 28 2014
TSC received: Aug 04 2014
I-129F NOA1 : Aug 06 2014
I-129F NOA2 : Feb 25 2015 (NOA2 copy rcd: Mar 02)

Sent to NVC: Mar 09 / Left NVC Apr 1 / Arr Embassy Apr 7 / Pkt 3 Rcd Apr 15 / Medical Apr 17 / Pkt 3 sent May 1 / Interview May 12

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

Filed: Timeline

I don't like it either... I'd prefer things happen faster so that my fiancee can still be able to get pregnant before she's too old, etc.

And for a $340 fee that basically amounts to 15 minutes of work, that comes to about $1360 an hour is available to hire someone to process it. I'm sure they aren't paid that much, so this is not right. If the fee was only $10, maybe I'd understand.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Why is is taking CSC average of 3 months to adjudicate KI and it's taking VSC average of 6 months? I can understand some variables affecting both centers in terms of processing times, but 3 months ? This is more than ridiculous and it's beginning to really piss me off. I really miss my baby who is now 6 months pregnant and it's killing me that VSC is this bad! unfortunately there is nothing I can do but wait and pray for divine intervention because that's all I have now. For those that have got their NOA2s congrats and for those in the same boat as me, keep hope alive!

seems the whole visa process from start to ending is screwed up! It doesn't matter where in this visa process any of us are, it is "wait and pay and maybe you get lucky and actually get help or visa"...God be with all of us. :unsure:

Edited by LoveNigarmostyle

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belgium
Timeline

I don't like it either... I'd prefer things happen faster so that my fiancee can still be able to get pregnant before she's too old, etc.

And for a $340 fee that basically amounts to 15 minutes of work, that comes to about $1360 an hour is available to hire someone to process it. I'm sure they aren't paid that much, so this is not right. If the fee was only $10, maybe I'd understand.

I was going to send my I-129F last year in November and the price was $480. I was shocked when i saw $340 this year. I had no idea it was going to drop.

x9ztv9cs3.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

You can't be that far off hearing something. Wish you both (make that the 3 of you) all the best! (F)

Mar 2011 - After 5mths denied for lost docs - Attempts to follow up failed. Mar 18 2012 - I-129F sent - No sign of NOA1 but they have banked the check...Jul 24 - Update - USCIS has located our file
Infopass Apt - they sorted through everything - our 2011 and 2012 file keep getting mixed up - getting us a Case# (still waiting) Dec- Infopass Appt- expecting to get a case # in about a week ..Still no Case number

Mar 2013 Infopass - advised file was in a box somewhere,and it would be quicker for us to refile. Life gets in the way... New petition submitted July 2014 .
I-129F Sent : Jul 28 2014
TSC received: Aug 04 2014
I-129F NOA1 : Aug 06 2014
I-129F NOA2 : Feb 25 2015 (NOA2 copy rcd: Mar 02)

Sent to NVC: Mar 09 / Left NVC Apr 1 / Arr Embassy Apr 7 / Pkt 3 Rcd Apr 15 / Medical Apr 17 / Pkt 3 sent May 1 / Interview May 12

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belgium
Timeline

wow still no noa2 :( im sorry. ur almost reaching your 5 months mark though. 11 more days. Then i think maybe you should call and see if everything is ok with application because its been 5 months. Thats what i would do. you can get your noa2 any day now though. stay positive :)

x9ztv9cs3.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

; Vermont isn't the best Service Center at this point,

I got approved (NOA2) two weeks ago, after 7+ months waiting.. and some good VJ friends of mine are waiting for 8,5 and 9,5 months right now.. That is ridiculous.

Am glad my waiting period for this part is over, and I sure hope yalls wont take that long!!!!

:whistle:

holland-flag-44.gifunited-states-flag-88.gif

heart-119.gif August 28th, 2011: Wedding heart-119.giflove-182.gif

AOS
August 31th, 2011: applied for SS#
September 6th: received SS#
September 26th, 2011: AOS sent
September 30th, 2011: NOA1
October 6th, 2011: NOA1 hard copy
October 26th,2011: Biometrics
October 28th, 2011: case transferred to California for faster processing
December 5th, 2011: received EAD/AP card
February 22nd, 2012: Green card in production
February 27th, 2012: GREEN CARD in hand, yaaay!!!

November 10th, 2013: ROC

Welcome to the Club buddy . Good things comes to those who wait . :thumbs: Patience is virtue . This is the real world --things dont happen as you wish . Expect the best (4-5 mths ) and prepare for the worse (6-8 mths ) . :thumbs:

-400 CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

01-17-2015 = N-400 packet sent (to P.O. Box Dallas via USPS Priority Mail)
01-21-2015 = N-400 packet delivered
01/25/2015 = E confirmation / Text received

01/26/2015 = Check cashed .

02/02/2015 = NOA1 received (Priority Date 01/21/2015)
02/09/2015 = Biometrics Letter received .

02/18/2015 = Biometrics

02/20/2015 = In line for interview

04/10/2015 = Interview Letter received .

05/11/2015 =Interview .

05/11/2015 = Passed Interview
07/01/2015 = Oath letter received
07/24/2015 = Oath Cerememony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Thank you all for your comments, encouragement and support. They need to have a system that should be based on first come first served, it's only fair that way. I just have to keep holding on, I am sue the Man upstairs knows best.You all keep hope alive!

Edited by demio

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello everyone,

Yes I've been checking the stats and CSC is way further ahead than VSC, but like everyone has said, it's all beyond us now. Best wishes to all of us waiting for that NOA2!

2011 - 2013 - K-1, AOS, Lifting COnditions

2013 - 2014 - GC approved

2024 - Instead of renewing, why not go the full monty? (They actually made it really easy to do this)

Vermont does stink. My wait was difficult but there were some who waited much longer and some who are still waiting. Just hang in there. It's a tough process but you'll make it. :thumbs:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

You think you should say this? You think lawyers and immigration do not look at these posts. The service centers are divided up to handle different visas and different issues. Just be happy you are not sent to California. anyway, you need to be patient. this is serious business to bring someone into the US. and you are trying to bring someone here in one very difficult country. So many scammers in Nigeria. You need a lot of patience if you really care for this man, show him you can work thru all this to be with him.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.