Good Life

Vermont Center really Sucks

28 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

When we submitted our petition in early April of last year, we knew that 5 months was pretty average. Sucked, but was still expected. Then NVC, I think got back logged or something and started filtering it out to CVC, and they seemed to be processing around 3 months. Then they started sending petitions to Dallas ... DVC was approving within a month. Do you know how much that sucked, sitting there around July, in the 4 month mark, watching people who filed who filed 4 weeks earlier getting NOA2.

But its par for the course. No matter how much you hate seeing others getting their approval in a faster centre, while you sit and wait and wait, you knew going into it, that 5 months was your terms.

There really is no use complaining, it doesnt speed NVC up, they work as fast as they can, weeding out the fraudulant cases, checking on the backgrounds for criminal histories or false information. They are doing what they can to protect the good people of their country.

Lets imagine, that NVC never used CVC or DVC when needed, could you imagine our wait times then ? Now that would suck !

Also I found that although the NVC was thorough, and therefore slow, I understood what they were doing with all the background checks. I remember reading that they check the USC to ensure they arnt a pedeophile. I remember thinking , wow, Im so glad that they do that, because I wouldnt of ever thought of that. But these steps take time, and I always tried to stay on the positive and appreciate the effort that they were putting into my personal safety, the safety of my kids, and of the american people.

I also had a couple of friends, both women, and gay. Legaly married in Canada, but moved to Texas. One was a USC, the other came on a work visa good for 2 years. After the 2 years were up, she had to leave as US immigration doesnt reconise their marriage as legal. She went back to Canada, and they broke up. On those really bad days, were it seemed like this process was taking forever and we would never see a NOA2, I would think of my friends, and be grateful, that I was even allowed the opportunity to apply in the first place.

Once that NOA2 arrives, things will move quicker - unless you deal with Montreal - for me, it moved fast. When all was said and done, from application to visa, was about 6 months, and didnt seem all that bad after all.

Please try to look on the positive side, you knew the approx. time frame going into this, and being negitive only makes the waiting worse.

I wish you all a speedy No2

~~~ Hes the chance Im taking ~~~

April 2007 - Met online

Oct. 2008 - He came to Canada to meet me

Dec 25 2009 officially engaged

March 2010 - sent off I-129F

March 27 2010 - Vermont receives package :)

April 3 2010 - Informed through mail that cheque is cashed NOA1

May 28 2010 - RFE notification ( yeah Im online checking alot >.< )

June 5 2010 - RFE hardcopy received

June 18 2010 - RFE returned ( had done it June 7 - but USPS returned grrrr )

--- case says we should hear from them in 60 days from June 18 ---

June 23 - Touched

Aug4 - Email notification of NoA2 :)

Aug. 10 - NOA2 Hardcopy received

Sept. 13 - Faxed off Package 3

Sept 14 - Interview notification set for Oct. 5

Oct. 5 2010 Interview Passed

March 17 2011 POE Canadian/US border

April 1 2011 Marriage

Mailed AOS June 1

Chicago Lockbox confirms delivery June 3

Check cashed through bank - notification June 9

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

Why is is taking CSC average of 3 months to adjudicate KI and it's taking VSC average of 6 months? I can understand some variables affecting both centers in terms of processing times, but 3 months ? This is more than ridiculous and it's beginning to really piss me off. I really miss my baby who is now 6 months pregnant and it's killing me that VSC is this bad! unfortunately there is nothing I can do but wait and pray for divine intervention because that's all I have now. For those that have got their NOA2s congrats and for those in the same boat as me, keep hope alive!

I know it isn't much consolation, but Last year it was reversed. VSC was getting things approved in a few months and for a bunch of cases that were offloaded to Texas, in a matter of weeks while CSC was taking 6 and 7 months. It goes back and forth constantly and all depends on what visa's they are working on at the time. They can spend several weeks clearing up a backlog of K-1's and then when they get caught up they move on to F visas or some other type so it is a constant surge and wait.

Service Center : California Service Center
Consulate : Guangzhou, China
Marriage (if applicable): 2010-04-26
I-130 Sent : 2010-06-01
I-130 NOA1 : 2010-06-08
I-130 RFE : 2010-11-05
I-130 RFE Sent : 2010-11-06
I-130 Approved : 2010-11-10
NVC Received CaseFile: 2010-11-16
NVC Casefile Number Issued: 2010-11-22
Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2010-11-23
OPTIN EMAIL SENT TO NVC: 2010-11-23
OPTIN ACCEPTED by NVC: 2010-12-14
Pay I-864 Bill 2010-11-23
Receive I-864 Package : 2010-11-23
Return Completed I-864 : 2011-03-30
Return Completed DS-3032 : 2010-11-23
Receive IV Bill : 2010-12-17
Pay IV Bill : 2011-03-16
AOS CoverSheets Generated: 2010-11-27
IV Fee Bill marked as PAID: 2011-03-18
IV CoverSheets Generated: 2011-03-18
IV email packet sent: 2011-04-4
NVC reports 'Case Completed': 2011-5-2
'Sign in Fail' at the Online Payment Portal: 2011-5-2
Final Review Started at NVC: 2011-5-2
Final Review Completed at NVC: ????
Interview Date Set: 2011-5-5
Appointment Letter Received via Email: 2011-5-6
Interview Date: 2011-6-1
Approved!!!!!

I-751 Sent : 2013-07-02

I-751 Bio Appointment Date 2013-08-02

10 Year Green Card Approved!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

You think you should say this? You think lawyers and immigration do not look at these posts. The service centers are divided up to handle different visas and different issues. Just be happy you are not sent to California. anyway, you need to be patient. this is serious business to bring someone into the US. and you are trying to bring someone here in one very difficult country. So many scammers in Nigeria. You need a lot of patience if you really care for this man, show him you can work thru all this to be with him.

I don't care if they look at this post. I know they are divided to handle different visas and different issues and I dont mind a little variance in time between centers, but when it 3 months variance in processing times then it makes a big difference. I wish my petition was sent to california, she probable would have got her visa now. The person I want to bring is not just someone, she is a lady I want to spend the rest of my life with and I am being patient. I know there is a lot of scammers out of Nigeria, but not all them are scammers and mine for sure is not a scam. I am willing to prove my relationship and very patient, my point is that the system is unfair and disparity in processing times betwween CSC and VSC is more than ridiculous. If processing time in one center is slow because of manpower, then the load should be shited to faster center.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

He the USCIS site says fee is $430 now. and it was $355 when i fisrst applied in july 2009.

I don't like it either... I'd prefer things happen faster so that my fiancee can still be able to get pregnant before she's too old, etc.

And for a $340 fee that basically amounts to 15 minutes of work, that comes to about $1360 an hour is available to hire someone to process it. I'm sure they aren't paid that much, so this is not right. If the fee was only $10, maybe I'd understand.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

We have just started our K1 about 3 weeks ago and are going through VSC. It's on, and for me, I'm just not so worried about the time as I know I have to wait. If something doesn't happen in about 8-10 months, then I'll get excited. I am always happy when someone moves onto the NOA2. I'm 47 and have waited and gone through this long for my honey, I can wait a few more months. It just gives us more time to learn more about each other and prepare for our lifetime together. I can't imagine the wait with a baby on the way as well. That has GOT to be hard!!! Find something to do besides watching the timelines like preparing for your homecoming or if money permits, plan another visit to see your honey. That way, you have another event to look forward to, another visit to document and some more memories while waiting for the process to be over.

We have just started our K1 about 3 weeks ago and are going through VSC. It's on, and for me, I'm just not so worried about the time as I know I have to wait. If something doesn't happen in about 8-10 months, then I'll get excited. I am always happy when someone moves onto the NOA2. I'm 47 and have waited and gone through this long for my honey, I can wait a few more months. It just gives us more time to learn more about each other and prepare for our lifetime together. I can't imagine the wait with a baby on the way as well. That has GOT to be hard!!! Find something to do besides watching the timelines like preparing for your homecoming or if money permits, plan another visit to see your honey. That way, you have another event to look forward to, another visit to document and some more memories while waiting for the process to be over.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

vermont center is a small office not big than california .

If this is the case, then rerouting cases to that center is ridiculously unproductive. They should keep the workload consonous to their resources. I absolutely agree. Maybe California residents work harder and better than Vermont residents?

Don't ever do anything you're not willing to explain the paramedics.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

If this is the case, then rerouting cases to that center is ridiculously unproductive. They should keep the workload consonous to their resources. I absolutely agree. Maybe California residents work harder and better than Vermont residents?

Exactly..well said - USCIS doesn't know how to handle efficiently the traffic of petitions. If they had a decent system they would adjust the routing of petitions based on which service center is faster so to balance off things. In that case there wouldn't be the actual situation we're having right now, where people who filed in California get their NOA2 in 2 months and half and us suckers who had the unluck to be under Vermont disservice center, in the 4+ months range...words of "being patient" can only annoy the everliving ###### out of anyone that is a victim of such a disparity in treatment.

I think everyone has made some really good points. My congressional office visa expert told me that they are totally flooded with requests and applications. It sounds like to me that they need more help and some better supervisors. I paid 455 USD last November for my application. I would have paid 1,000 USD just to receive better service than what I have know for sure. If the budget is the problem, whey did the lower the fees?

I actaully talked to a review officer yesterday and asked when he thought someone would actually send my approved applicatoin to NVC again. He straight up told me that they dont have to do anything. I could be waiting years or never for them to send it back. How can they get away with stuff like this? Is the US congress Rep and US Senator's office the only people that they have to answer to? It really seems to me that they answer to know one.

I think the only good thing about Vermont is that once they approved your case, they can right away forward the case to NVC because both agencies are close. Applicant can then get their case number as fast as 2-3 days. I am from CSC, got approved in 86 days since we filed but Im stuck! Its been 2 weeks now but no case number yet.

But then, I wouldn't trade in CSC over Vermont. CSC still rocks! :lol:

K1 Timeline

02-28-11 I-29F SENT

06-01-11 PETITION APPROVED

07-15-11 VISA APPROVED

AOS Timeline

03-02-12 I-485 SENT

05-22-12 INTERVIEW APPROVED

ROC Timeline

04-18-14 I-751 SENT

07-29-14 APPROVED

Naturalization Timeline

06-29-16 N400 SENT

08-02-16 BIOMETRICS

10-12-16 INTERVIEW

I have been there!

Good luck to everyone who is waiting.

But seriously something should be done to help them with the backlog...

French-AmericanFlag_medium.jpg

We met in June 2008
We got engaged on 08-06-2010!!!!!
08-30-2010:I-129F Sent
09-03-2010: I-129F NOA1
09-13-2010:Touched
10-03-2010:Touched!! !feels gooood :)
02-24-2011: RFE...grrrrrr
03-18-2011: NOA2 - it took them 6mths 2 wks and 2 days (or 196 days)!!!!
03-??-2011: NVC received
03-29-2011: Petition sent to London
04-05-2011: Embassy received petition
04-09-2011: Packet 3 received
04-11-2011: Packet 3 sent
04-13-2011: Medical
05-12-2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!
07-04-2011: POE
08-05-2011: We're married!
09-14-2011: AOS, EAD and AP forms sent
09-16-2011: Receipts for AOS, EAD and AP forms
11-17-2011: RFE...
12-08-2011: Send evidence back to USCIS...and now we wait
12-23-2011: EAD/AP card sent
12-29-2011: EAD/AP card received :)
12-29-2011: Case transferred to CSC
03-29-2012: AOS approved!
04-05-2012: Green card in hands

03-06-2014: Removal of conditions packet received at VSC...and now the wait starts again!

luh6s78.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.