liveinusa

E-Verify DHS Tentative Nonconfirmation

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi All,

I got the notice from HR, I don't know what to expect or prepare at this point, since on the notice it doesn't say what documents will be asked to prove for verification. I'm just wondering if anyone here knows what documents do DHS ask for verification if I decide to contest? What if I can't have the papers ready for verification in 8 working days?

Besides, if I failed to prove to them and got a negative result, I know the job will be terminated, but will it harm my record or status?

Thanks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

what visa do you currently have ?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

what visa do you currently have ?

Hi Wuhan Rocks,

This current one is F1. After I got my Master Degree I have been trying to adjust my status through work employment, anyway, still F1.

On the TNC it doesn't say I'm NOT allowed to work, nor allowed to work, HR wants me to contest becuase the company wants to hire me, but none of us knows what documents do DHS ask for further verification if I decide to contest. And, what I also want to know is what happens if it end up as a negative result?

Thanks!

Timeline

ARE YOU IN OPT STATUS, or no ?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

No, it was over 2 months ago.

You're not work authorized - nothing to contest. You are not allowed to work without EAD or appropriate work visa - H1B...

Edited by milimelo

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

You're not work authorized - nothing to contest. You are not allowed to work without EAD or appropriate work visa - H1B...

Hi Milimelo,

Thank you for your advice.

You see, HR has copy my passport,SSC and I-94. We wouldn't have gone this far if she didn't think those are not what she can take in.

I did have J1 at the first time I came to US, that's why I have social security card, and MAYBE, that's why it is not matched.

Now, I do see the high risk of me getting a negative result out of this contest. I want to contest because I want to see what exactely DHS has for me in the system. After all, I've finished the training and started working, and the company wants to hire me.

You know, lack of experience and status, very few foreign MBA graduates can find H1 sponsor job within the time of OPT. I don't need another degree I need working experience.

I have also called the hotline of E-verify, they told me it won't hurt my record. I'm 80% sure to contest, the 20% unsure is the consequence.

Can you tell me what documents DHS will ask for further verification?

Thank you.

Edited by liveinusa

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Hi Wuhan Rocks,

This current one is F1. After I got my Master Degree I have been trying to adjust my status through work employment, anyway, still F1.

On the TNC it doesn't say I'm NOT allowed to work, nor allowed to work, HR wants me to contest becuase the company wants to hire me, but none of us knows what documents do DHS ask for further verification if I decide to contest. And, what I also want to know is what happens if it end up as a negative result?

Thanks!

If I had not seen that I may have been more sympathetic.

You are obviously not stupid so why are you playing games?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

If I had not seen that I may have been more sympathetic.

You are obviously not stupid so why are you playing games?

Boiler, thank you for your concern.

Master Degree isn't exactly IQ test, besides, I already had BA in the same field.

My answer is, I didn't want to waste another year on keep studying just to renew the student status. University wasn't my destination, I have had studied over 20 years non-stop, I needed to close that door and move on for my career.

Boiler, you tell me only me playing this game here?! I thought I was the only one refuse to play. Ppl come here for advices to play better and smarter, everyone here has had or is playing THE game, for one piece of paper our goal is very much the same, despite the fact that that doesn't make anyone a better person.

Timeline

weird, as you were told 'the game' by the international student officer at yer university. You know it, a few years, already. Also, it looks 'really bad' if you were on OPT status and did not work.

Edited by Darnell

weird, as you were told 'the game' by the international student officer at yer university. You know it, a few years, already. Also, it looks 'really bad' if you were on OPT status and did not work.

Darnell,

Thank you for your reply. It is 3:40am here, I'm going to bed, I will be back tomorrow.

International Student Office belongs to school, it didn't speak for me, also, it didn't tell me what TNC is, and how to deal with it.

My school has 3 semesters a year, in fact I did my intern last year, I meant I graduated over 2 months ago. This job has nothing to do with OPT.

The only way to contest it is to prove you're work authorized - which you're not. Your OPT EAD has expired, no H1B visa and you're not an LPR. Time to either get back into student status or pack up and leave. If the company wants you to work for them, they'll go through the H1B filing process.

The Int'l student office has what you gave them - normally it's a copy of your DS form, I-94 and passport alongside any SSN you were assigned. All this mentioned does NOT make you work authorized so I don't know what they're telling you - may want to speak to a higher up official in that hierarchy - like DSO and not just a clerk.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

It will be interesting to see what happens when the Companies legal dept gets involved.

The Company has big issues with employing somebody who is not work authorised.

I could imagine all sort of problems with an H1b application with this history. If I was the Company Lawyer I would tell them to run.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline
Here is a link for you to read. You should have been provided with a letter stating the problem was with either the SSA or DHS and you must contact them within 8 working days. If the problem is that you are not work authorized, which you have already admitted you are not, the DHS will respond to that affect. There is no documentation for you to provide, you are in the system as non-work authorized and until you obtain the proper visa it will remain that way.

Here is a link for you to read. You should have been provided with a letter stating the problem was with either the SSA or DHS and you must contact them within 8 working days. If the problem is that you are not work authorized, which you have already admitted you are not, the DHS will respond to that affect. There is no documentation for you to provide, you are in the system as non-work authorized and until you obtain the proper visa it will remain that way.

Thank you Belinda.

I read the link, it is helpful, yes.

Now, when you say "DHS will respond to that affect", you mean my status will remain non-work in the system, that is it, right?

If that is the case, I will contest and get fired from that, then go look for another job. Only because I would rather the company say no to me.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.