liveinusa

E-Verify DHS Tentative Nonconfirmation

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

It will be interesting to see what happens when the Companies legal dept gets involved.

The Company has big issues with employing somebody who is not work authorised.

I could imagine all sort of problems with an H1b application with this history. If I was the Company Lawyer I would tell them to run.

HR did mention that she was going to consult with the company lawyer, the party couldn't be reached. It is possible tomorrow when I arrived at work I will be informed about their wise decision.

Keep fingers crossed.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

Let's look at the logic of this. You are not authorized to work in the US. You are trying to obtain employment illegally. By doing so, if you are successful either at the current location or another, you are risking your employer being fined and you being deported and having a ban from re-entering the US. If you are successful in working illegally how are you going to explain this to another employer.. Well I knew what I did was illegal but I was desperate to obtain some work experience? Or when you apply for another type of visa to the US, if not discovered prior to this, how will you explain your illegal work history? They do have your social security number and will know you worked without authorization.

Let's look at the logic of this. You are not authorized to work in the US. You are trying to obtain employment illegally. By doing so, if you are successful either at the current location or another, you are risking your employer being fined and you being deported and having a ban from re-entering the US. If you are successful in working illegally how are you going to explain this to another employer.. Well I knew what I did was illegal but I was desperate to obtain some work experience? Or when you apply for another type of visa to the US, if not discovered prior to this, how will you explain your illegal work history? They do have your social security number and will know you worked without authorization.

When you see sth like this, isn't make you mad? Waht a grand loser uh?

Last year I thought a lot about that, I pass that now.

Throughout my circle of friends, those whom chose to stay, are still at school for the sake of status, they are legal but NOT allowed to work out of campus. Me for one, can't stand it.

What HR does depends on companies. Prior to this job, I worked part time at a local paper company, they offered me W2 I paid taxes and social security, medicare, etc. This job, I didn't ask for sponsor neither.

As a foreigner, in terms of work degree doesn't mean door opener, no, especially not under this economy. If I want any sort of career, I should start from entry level and work up. H1 is on the other end.

Back to this job, TNC. If by contesting the result will lead to any possibility of the company being fined then I would not contest. Belinda, is this what is going to happen? you know what, I better confirm this with HR tomorrow, if she says yes, its over.

I cannot for the life of me understand why you thought you are authorized to work. In case it has not sunk in yet, you are not authorized to work. Frankly, your continued attempts to get employment go on record in your USCIS file. These attempts do not harm the company, but they will harm anything related to the US that you may want to accomplish in the future.

Just to prepare you, you may want to read up on eVerify (click), it even tells you when the company will fire you.

The only possibility, and this is one minor chance, is that you might qualify for the OPT extension due to your degree and the employer participating in eVerify. So put your degree to good use and start researching.

Edited by Ted46

:-)

I cannot for the life of me understand why you thought you are authorized to work. In case it has not sunk in yet, you are not authorized to work. Frankly, your continued attempts to get employment go on record in your USCIS file. These attempts do not harm the company, but they will harm anything related to the US that you may want to accomplish in the future.

Just to prepare you, you may want to read up on eVerify (click), it even tells you when the company will fire you.

The only possibility, and this is one minor chance, is that you might qualify for the OPT extension due to your degree and the employer participating in eVerify. So put your degree to good use and start researching.

Thank you Ted, thank you for your concern.

But really, the purpose of me came to this site and post this tread was not for work visas. I was only here for the questions of TNC.

You know, I've been trying to cover myself with the shadow of the knowledge side of my degree, either that is going to work or I really should find a smart way to utilize the paper form of that.

I know my situation, without a sidekick I don't stand much chance of being legalized. If you ask me, I'm on the polar opposite of very anchor baby, and who doesn't like babies?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

They are US Citizens.

Big difference.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.