Usui Takumi

Disgusting Van with Graffiti across from my house

70 posts in this topic

Or why not ask the owners to relocate the van? "Hey man, would you mind parking somewhere else?" Maybe even offer to cover the cost of painting it. Often tags of graffiti are easily painted over. Do it enough and the van will stop getting tagged.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

I didn't say anything about determining someone's political standpoint (it does say something about his understanding of different political ideologies). I find it frustrating when someone makes a senseless, inane statement and then when someone calls him or her out on it they say it was a joke, etc. No it wasn't a joke. Maybe it wasn't intended for serious scrutiny, but in this case it really just doesn't make sense, nor is it witty, funny, or insightful. All it shows is that the OP has no real concept of what libertarianism is.

:rolleyes:

Lets see. Do I really believe that conservatives think its okay to shoot someone's tire? Uh no I do not.

Edited by Sousuke

Timeline

Or why not ask the owners to relocate the van? "Hey man, would you mind parking somewhere else?" Maybe even offer to cover the cost of painting it. Often tags of graffiti are easily painted over. Do it enough and the van will stop getting tagged.

I've never seen the owners, the neighbor says they don't live in the neighborhood however. I think he's tried leaving notes. For what its worth, the vans don't bother me that much as they park more his direction. But I do feel bad for him, he's in his 70s, by himself, and a really nice guy so I'm trying to help him out.

I've never seen the owners, the neighbor says they don't live in the neighborhood however. I think he's tried leaving notes. For what its worth, the vans don't bother me that much as they park more his direction. But I do feel bad for him, he's in his 70s, by himself, and a really nice guy so I'm trying to help him out.

Making contact with the owners is key.

If that's not possible, perhaps you could put cones or "do not park here" signs in front of his house. If you'd like to take the govt. route, you could always help him file the necessary paperwork to designate that parking area as handicapped only.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Other Country: Andorra
Timeline

Making contact with the owners is key.

If that's not possible, perhaps you could put cones or "do not park here" signs in front of his house. If you'd like to take the govt. route, you could always help him file the necessary paperwork to designate that parking area as handicapped only.

I would check with the police before putting cones up in front of your house. Some cities/counties, that can be punishable by a fine. Helps to know the law, huh slim?

Indy.gif

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

I echo the need to get a pic uploaded of the van in question. It might be street art for many. If its attracting crime, then perhaps contacting the owner about this might be good, and then perhaps set up a sting against criminals if you have the time. Maybe you can contact some of the gun-owning vigilantes right here on VJ for help. :lol:

Filed: Other Country: Andorra
Timeline

That is a terrible idea. A professional paint job will cost $2,000 to $5,000. A Maaco paint job is still over $500.

Seriously? Maaco charges that much? :wow:

Maybe you can contact some of the gun-owning vigilantes right here on VJ for help. :lol:

Just make sure to stay away from the criminals. Who knows what ex-cons with guns are capable of.

Indy.gif

Timeline

Its all good. I did a quick search of city ordinances and our street doesn't allow trucks of 3 tons. The large delivery truck and the moving truck are both in the 3 ton size from what i can tell.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

Seriously? Maaco charges that much? :wow:

They charged me $500 to paint a van (including materials, excluding the roof of van)...It was cheaper to paint the entire van than it would have been to paint repair the fender, hood, and door....The $2,000 and up was not a Maaco quote, was talking about a professional paint job that looks brand new from the factory.

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Its all good. I did a quick search of city ordinances and our street doesn't allow trucks of 3 tons. The large delivery truck and the moving truck are both in the 3 ton size from what i can tell.

just large enough for a meth lab.... :whistle:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

woo hoo ! there's yer leverage !!

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

That's what they said about Alaska too :innocent:

that could explain palin. :hehe:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!