NeedInfo3839

For Those Of You Who Have Been Through The Whole Thing

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

To anyone who has gone through the entire filing process from start to finish, and been approved, etc.--

Is there ever a point in the process where they have ALL your information collected from you (papers, proof of relationship, records, income, proof of a home in the USA, etc.), and they no longer need to collect any more information from you, and they are now just "considering it"?? Like a point where you don't have to do any more, all you do now is just "wait?"

I was thinking after this point in the filing process, perhaps THEN I could go over seas, and wait it out with my honey. And then just get a new job, when I come back to the USA (with him, if its all approved, god willing).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Kind of- after the interview, there may be AP (administrative processing); this is a time of additional security checks that most males from MENA go through, and can take from weeks to months or even over a year. The problem with your plan"

- you don't know how long it takes.

- there may be a second interview, and the I-864 would need to be current then.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes, that does and can happen. What I think you are referring to is Administrative Processing. After the interview when everything has been submitted but a final decision cannot be made, they may put the beneficiary on Administrative Processing. This could take anywhere from a few weeks to a few months and is common in some countries (not sure if Egypt is one of them).

Good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

The only real waiting period in the process is at USCIS. Once things hit the NVC, you will need to submit more documents and again when it reaches the embassy you will need to gather more "evidence", especially in your case which is going through a high fraud embassy. Some of this can be done regardless of where you are at though. I would say that once you have submitted things to the NVC then you are in a very short "wait" mode (weeks rather than months). If you can arrange to have someone stateside on call so to speak to get any last minute documents that you can't access from overseas, then that is probably the best time to wait it out with your SO. Just plan for the eventuallity that you will need something and figure a way to deal with it. Maybe a very narrow power of attorney for someone that allows them to access records but not make any decisions for you.

Service Center : California Service Center
Consulate : Guangzhou, China
Marriage (if applicable): 2010-04-26
I-130 Sent : 2010-06-01
I-130 NOA1 : 2010-06-08
I-130 RFE : 2010-11-05
I-130 RFE Sent : 2010-11-06
I-130 Approved : 2010-11-10
NVC Received CaseFile: 2010-11-16
NVC Casefile Number Issued: 2010-11-22
Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2010-11-23
OPTIN EMAIL SENT TO NVC: 2010-11-23
OPTIN ACCEPTED by NVC: 2010-12-14
Pay I-864 Bill 2010-11-23
Receive I-864 Package : 2010-11-23
Return Completed I-864 : 2011-03-30
Return Completed DS-3032 : 2010-11-23
Receive IV Bill : 2010-12-17
Pay IV Bill : 2011-03-16
AOS CoverSheets Generated: 2010-11-27
IV Fee Bill marked as PAID: 2011-03-18
IV CoverSheets Generated: 2011-03-18
IV email packet sent: 2011-04-4
NVC reports 'Case Completed': 2011-5-2
'Sign in Fail' at the Online Payment Portal: 2011-5-2
Final Review Started at NVC: 2011-5-2
Final Review Completed at NVC: ????
Interview Date Set: 2011-5-5
Appointment Letter Received via Email: 2011-5-6
Interview Date: 2011-6-1
Approved!!!!!

I-751 Sent : 2013-07-02

I-751 Bio Appointment Date 2013-08-02

10 Year Green Card Approved!!!!!

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

To anyone who has gone through the entire filing process from start to finish, and been approved, etc.--

Is there ever a point in the process where they have ALL your information collected from you (papers, proof of relationship, records, income, proof of a home in the USA, etc.), and they no longer need to collect any more information from you, and they are now just "considering it"?? Like a point where you don't have to do any more, all you do now is just "wait?"

I was thinking after this point in the filing process, perhaps THEN I could go over seas, and wait it out with my honey. And then just get a new job, when I come back to the USA (with him, if its all approved, god willing).

I say just go and spend time with him deal with all this paper work later. The most important part is you two spending time with each other to figure out if you too would work out. If you are really serious about doing this and he is too serious then just go and spend time together.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Ahmed and I decided to do what you are asking about. We finished with the NVC and I came here to wait the rest of the journey out. I do not regret my decision, also my mom has been a tremendous help in making sure I could do this. During the time of applying I would fly here to spend time with him then go home again. During our time apart I made sure to get everything I could together for the process. Now I am just here and we are together at last!!! No more being away! So to answer your question yes it can be done. I still have my home in the USA I still pay my bills, I am just abroad right now with my husband. We have a co-sponsor also just to be on the safe side with everything.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

IMO, there's 2 timeticks for that.

1. Final Review Completed at NVC, without any real checklist letter response sent to you. You'll know about 'Final Review Complete' at NVC solely because you called in, and asked about casefile status, asked specifically about the status of the Final Review.

2. After Interview day at the Embassy - you've called DoS Hotline Human, and they tell you the visa was approved.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Thanks everyone. Yeah, I'm not sure if Egypt is on any kind of a "double check" list. Possibly, but I hope not.

Amber-- Soooo jealous! lol :) Do you have someone helping you out with bills back home? Do you own your house?

No I do not, it is just me and Ahmed doing it all as far as bills go, but my mother is staying at my house and taking care of things keeping an eye out for things, wish someone would pay the bills there, lol

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

Thanks everyone. Yeah, I'm not sure if Egypt is on any kind of a "double check" list. Possibly, but I hope not.

Amber-- Soooo jealous! lol :) Do you have someone helping you out with bills back home? Do you own your house?

"LIST OF 26"

Visa applicants who are citizens or nationals of the listed 26 countries are subject to additional security requirements in every area of the visa application process. The listed countries are: Afghanistan; Algeria; Bahrain; Djibouti; Egypt; Eritrea; Indonesia; Iran; Iraq; Jordan; Kuwait; Lebanon; Libya; Malaysia; Morocco; Oman; Pakistan; Qatar; Saudi Arabia; Somalia; Sudan; Syria; Tunisia; Turkey; United Arab Emirates; and Yemen. The additional security clearance can take 20 days or longer to process. Please keep in mind that the State Department can require this security clearance for any visa applicant.

Just caught this... YOU CANNOT FILE ANYTHING until you have actually met in person.

Edited by brokenfamily

oh the embassy has many excuses hehehe.make some xerox copies of the stuff you will gonna sent to the uscis then send the copies to your fiancee..for her records and humm make sure to bring all the originals on the date of the interview.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Administrative processing in Egypt is almost a given. I'm not sure of the most current timelines, but I would expect at least 1-6 months of AP.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.