14 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

As long as there are no issues, the next will be either a letter saying the file has been transfered or the interview appt letter...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Your next action is to show up on the biometrics appointment. I suggest you show up exactly as the date says. I just did my biometrics today as the date says. For some that showed up earlier than the date in their biometrics appointment received an RFE.

Timeline

Your next action is to show up on the biometrics appointment. I suggest you show up exactly as the date says. I just did my biometrics today as the date says. For some that showed up earlier than the date in their biometrics appointment received an RFE.

We went weeks early as have many others without issue... :blink: our case was also transfered and there wasnt even an interview..

Next you should receive biometric appointment letter within a week for I765 and for I485

OP already got the biometrics appt letter..

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

We went weeks early as have many others without issue... :blink: our case was also transfered and there wasnt even an interview..

OP already got the biometrics appt letter..

I was just reading on another topic today (April 2011 filers) and some had an RFE. The RFE had nothing to do with their early appointment, but I have a hunch it may have factored in since their applications were fine until after their walk-in appointment (or maybe it's just that service center where things might have gone wrong).

Also, I hired a lawyer who has a very high approval rate with I-485s and suggested me to go exactly as the date says.

Edited by velnoure

Timeline

I was just reading on another topic today (April 2011 filers) and some had an RFE. The RFE had nothing to do with their early appointment, but I have a hunch it may have factored in since their applications were fine until after their walk-in appointment (or maybe it's just that service center where things might have gone wrong).

Also, I hired a lawyer who has a very high approval rate with I-485s and suggested me to go exactly as the date says.

As you said above bolded... When they schedule the Biometrics, the case has not been reviewed yet... and then when they reveiw it to see if they will approve without interview, RFE or set the interview date.. at that point the person reviewing the case found a problem in the file and sent the RFE.. the RFE had nothing to do with going early... just that there was a problem in the file...

Edited by ScottThuy

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

As you said above bloded... When they schedule the Biometrics, the case has not been reviewed yet... and then when they reveiw it to see if they will approve without interview, RFE or set the interview date.. at that point the person reviewing the case found a problem in the file and sent the RFE.. the RFE had nothing to do with going early... just that there was a problem in the file...

They specifically request in the letter not to go early. There is a reason for it. The fact that you did not have a problem does not mean that other poeople will not. I would not give this type of advice if I was you. Biometrics appointments are scheduled pretty fast and there is no point going early if there is a risk.

Edited by san diego

Timeline

They specifically request in the letter not to go early. There is a reason for it. The fact that you did not have a problem does not mean that other poeople will not. I would not give this type of advice if I was you. Biometrics appointments are scheduled pretty fast and there is no point going early if there is a risk.

What risk is there?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Slovenia
Timeline

They schedule appointments for a reason. If there was no need to scheduled appointments, then they would just tell people to come whenever they wish. It's best to just stick to the scheduled appointment unless you really can't make it (but for those cases there are instructions to rechedule on the notice).

My Immigration Journey:

K1: June 2010 - December 2010

AOS: April 2011 - June 2011

ROC: April 2013 - August 2013

Naturalization: March 2014 - August 2014

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

They schedule appointments for a reason. If there was no need to scheduled appointments, then they would just tell people to come whenever they wish. It's best to just stick to the scheduled appointment unless you really can't make it (but for those cases there are instructions to rechedule on the notice).

I absolutely agree with this post. Advising people to go against what USCIS states is not very nice.

What risk is there?

There is always a risk of doing stugg against what USCIS requests.

Timeline

I absolutely agree with this post. Advising people to go against what USCIS states is not very nice.

There is always a risk of doing stugg against what USCIS requests.

What risk? Them saying come back on the date of the appointment? When we went there was nobody there other than employees... All sitting around doing nothing other than a few playing cards... They could care less if we did it that day or when it was scheduled... The supervisor said that the people at USCIS that did the scheduling had no clue what they were doing as they were really busy the week prior and dead all that week... We likely eased the burden on the week that we were scheduled...

Read my posts and tell me where I advised anyone to go early... please... I said what we did.. and what others have done.. the only down side IMO is that they could say we are busy come back...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

No correlation between doing biometrics early and getting an RFE except that doing biometrics means your file is reviewed and that's when they notice.

Many many many people do walk-ins without issue. Myself being one of them and the reason I didn't reschedule is because there was no way to actually guarantee a date that would work for us due to my husbands erratic work schedule and I couldn't drive myself that far so I called the ASC and confirmed it (do not expect to call, I got lucky and was able to get a hold of the number) would be okay. Some offices are fine with walk-ins, others are not and will tell you.

My guide has a very high approval rate as well so... do a walk-in.. there is no risk. It's like saying driving your car is the reason your house burned down. It might happen at the same time but it didn't CAUSE it, you would have got an RFE anyway.

Where does it say not to go early? Is this a new addition because I'm looking at my bio letter right now and the only wording is to make sure you're there on your appointment date/time so that you don't get denied. It doesn't say "don't go early" it's making sure you don't miss the appointment because failure to do biometrics by the "deadline" in your letter can result in denial.

They schedule appointments so 50 million people don't turn up on the same day, it's so its staggered. If you do a walk-in and they're busy they'll probably turn you away. If they're slow they might let you proceed. It honestly depends. Having an appointment is like booking a doctors appointment rather than going and waiting to see a doc... this way you KNOW that you'll be seen then and there.

Honestly there is NO RISK to your case in doing a walk-in biometrics. The only "risk" would be driving 3 hours (mine was that far) and being turned away so the drive was pointless. It doesn't hurt your file... and in fact there are many many cases where doing a walk-in has helped people get their EAD/GC quicker (one I remember in particular got their EAD before their scheduled bio appt)... your file is no longer sitting around if you do your walk-in. My friend had her GC in 37 days... NO EXPEDITE. She did a walk-in the day she got her bio letter. Her scheduled appointment was about 2 weeks later than when she did it.

If you don't want to do a walk-in that's fine but to do create false-panic for no reason... NO RISK. Either do it or don't but at the very least do not MISS the appointment because that can result in denial.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

i did early walk in biometrics, no rfe, combo card approved, and green card approved with no interview, rfe do not depend from early walk in biometrics.......

K1 VISA:

FILED:06\15\2010

NOA1 DATE:06\22\2010

RFE:none

NOA2 DATE:06\30\2010

INTERVIEW:09\15\2010

VISA IN HAND:09\20\2010

POE:12\12\2010

WEDDING:03\04\2011

CHECK TIMELINE FOR OTHER DETAILS.

AOS:

FILED:03\08\2011

NOA1 DATE: 03\11\2011

BIO:04\13\2011

I-485 TRANSFER:04\27\2011

APPROVED EAD:04\28\2011

APPROVED AP:04\28\2011

EAD"COMBO CARD" IN HAND: 05\06\2011

I-485 CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED: 05\31\2011

I-485 DECISION: 05\31\2011

I-485 APPROVED:05\31\2011

GREEN CARD IN HAND:06\04\2011

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.