Channah&Aaron

; almost 7 months and still no NOA2

43 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

; Thanks to all your responses.

I really hope that we are just delayed, and hopefully we wont be denied after so long..

We either have no issues regarding age difference/religious/etc

Aaron is 5 year older than I am, he is a Catholic ("light", dont know other name), and I grew up with no religion. Though, we don't have problems with that AT ALL!!

We met each other online in 2008 on a normal profile site, I flew to the US several times per year, and he came to the Netherlands a couple of times. We both met each other families. We all love each other and get a long very good!

I just sooooooooooooooooooooooo hope a decision will be made by May 27th, because that would be the 30th day after we put in our Service Request.

Hopefully everything will turn out well, so i can sleep again (I'm worn out of the sleepless nights) Hopefully things will work out very well and very soon for Monifer!!!!

holland-flag-44.gifunited-states-flag-88.gif

heart-119.gif August 28th, 2011: Wedding heart-119.giflove-182.gif

AOS
August 31th, 2011: applied for SS#
September 6th: received SS#
September 26th, 2011: AOS sent
September 30th, 2011: NOA1
October 6th, 2011: NOA1 hard copy
October 26th,2011: Biometrics
October 28th, 2011: case transferred to California for faster processing
December 5th, 2011: received EAD/AP card
February 22nd, 2012: Green card in production
February 27th, 2012: GREEN CARD in hand, yaaay!!!

November 10th, 2013: ROC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Moldova
Timeline

I really hope that we are just delayed, and hopefully we wont be denied after so long..

Aaron is 5 year older than I am, he is a Catholic ("light", dont know other name), and I grew up with no religion. Though, we don't have problems with that AT ALL!!

We met each other online in 2008 on a normal profile site, I flew to the US several times per year, and he came to the Netherlands a couple of times. We both met each other families. We all love each other and get a long very good!

I just sooooooooooooooooooooooo hope a decision will be made by May 27th, because that would be the 30th day after we put in our Service Request.

Hopefully everything will turn out well, so i can sleep again (I'm worn out of the sleepless nights) Hopefully things will work out very well and very soon for Monifer!!!!

Same with us and the religion, tho it is me who doesn't have one. Also, this sucks, I hope you get answers soon!

DELETE THIS ACCOUNT!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Good luck guys! waiting is very difficult when u have no idea what the hell they are doing with our papers ... keep calling and bug them about our petition, they need to get their butt to work! good luck, dont loose ur faith!!

K1 visa
Filed I-129: Dec 3rd 2010
Interview: July 6th 2011 APPROVED!

AOS
Filed: Oct 4th 2011
AOS Interview: Feb 7th 2012 - RFE sad.png
AOS Approved: Feb 9th - without sending RFE
Green Card received: Feb 17th smile.png

ROC

Filed: Nov 13th 2013

Approved: March 13th 2014

; I am an October filer, and I can't believe why it's taking so long!!

Are there any other October filers??? I am really losing hope :(

I am waiting longer than all ya'll - almost 7.5 months here :( I did everything possible, too. Contacted my Senator's office. When they put in a request with VSC, they were told we, too, were in admin processing and to check back in sixty days.

Which is ridiculous, because I put in my own service request and after thirty days they DID issue a decision (a few days after the e-mail from my Senator's aide) - issuing me an RFE for something I included with the original petition, that they lost!

The incompetence astounds me to no end. We feel totally powerless. We sent in our RFE response one month ago. Still, NOTHING.

Dumb/Dumber I agree with you that my life is COMPLETELY ON HOLD by the immigration system. I feel completely let down by this system. I never fathomed it would take this long, and to see folks who filed two, three months after me get approved is heartwrenchingly unfair (especially since they got to pay a $100 lower fee (filing fees dropped in Nov) AND got approved faster.

We don't even have any of the issues you mention regarding age or religious differences. My fiance and I are the same age. We met in person when I was studying in his country (not online or anything like that). Have dated for three and a half years. I lived in his country with him for almost a year. We have a long term, legit relationship, and to see people who met online through marriage brokers and met in person once or twice (not slamming those people, just showing a difference) have ALREADY been approved, when my FI and I have this looooong term relationship of being together constantly, are both young, never been married, professional workers, and we get treated this way.

It makes me SICK.

Girls, good luck!

as1cHpz0g410600MzAwNzg3OWx8MjM3NjYxc3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

I really hope that you hear back very soon. I hope the same for everyone who has been waiting so long. :(

December 2nd, 2011 - AOS Packet sent

December 8th, 2011 - Received electronic NOA1

January 3rd, 2012 - Received notification that case has been transferred to CSC

January 4th, 2012 - Biometrics

February 11th, 2012 - Employment Authorization Card received

February 25th, 2012 - Social Security Card received

August 24th, 2012 - Green Card Received

August, 2014 - I-751 sent

August 2014 (two weeks later) - NOA1 Received

March 2015 - RFE Received

May 2015 - RFE Packet Sent

July 28th - Letter received for interview

August 13th - Interview (GC Pending)

Timeline

; i dont think there are other october filers left than me and monyfer... thanks for all your responses, brings back a little bit of Hope!!

AOS

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Welcome to life - it's not fair. Our rights are not being "trashed." You are still entitled to your opinions, beliefs, life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness - and may love whoeever you like. However, it is a matter of national security when any individual seeks to immigrate to the United States. You as an individual must be judgmental on a day to day basis for your own survival, and the government needs to be judgmental in the same regard. Don't take it personally.

I hope you receive notice soon. Remain patient, stay positive. Don't play victim as a "hostage," try to live your life to the fullest regardless of USCIS - do you really want to look back and feel like you wasted all these months? I sure don't.

Monyfer -- best wishes to you as well. I can relate to you as having a more traditional relationship per se (in regards to meeting in person, 2 young unmarried and college educated professionals, living together extensively, not using an online site, broker, or the K-1 visa process as a litmus test) and my worst fear is that after going through everything appropriately we will be held up for some unknown reason.

Good luck all.

I think this is one of the most sound advices I have seen so far. Good stuff danik713.

; i dont think there are other october filers left than me and monyfer... thanks for all your responses, brings back a little bit of Hope!!

Hang in there, I think its a matter of time. Make sure you exhaust all potential resources (service request/senator involvment, etc). You shud not be waiting at this point.

Spoiler

N400 Journey:

01-Mar-2017: Filed N400 Application

08-Mar-2017: Check Cashed

08-Mar-2017: NOA

06-Apr-2017: Early FingerPrints (Orig: 12-Apr-2017)

10-Apr-2017: Case In Line for Interview

10-Sep-2017: Interview Scheduled

20-Oct-2017: Interview, recommended for approval

01-Dec-2017: In line for Oath

08-Dec-2017: Oath Ceremony Scheduled SMS/Email

19-Dec-2017: Oath Ceremony

Filed: J-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Keep your head up...I waited over 6 months and got my papers in today. Obviously youve/you all have been waiting even longer but i feel like Christmas break and bad luck (read bottom of the pile/slow USCIS employee) can make the difference between waiting 5 or 7 months. Hope itll come soon

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

Who is Ombudsman? I keep seeing that and I have no idea.

go to the oct/nov thread for cr1 someone a couple pages past posted the email for me....

I had contact my congressman ,senator and service request said nothing but wait 6 more months...now they're saying after 6 months and 3 days i have rfe...but its not showing on their system nor did i get a email or txt..this is most frustrating process and i feel it has wasted 6 months i could of been with my husband..

event.png

preg.png

ENGAGED AUGUST 18, 2010

MARRIED OCT 21, 2010

FILED I-130 NOV 13,2010

NOA 1 NOV 15, 2010

NOA 2 JUNE 15, 2011

CASE # JULY 13,2011

DS3032 ACCEPTED JULY 18, 2011

AOS paid JULY 20, 2011

Sent AOS JULY 23, 2011

IV paid JULY 25, 2011

IV sent JULY 28, 2011

CASE CLOSED AUG 8, 2011

INTERVIEW DATE OCT 13, 2011

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

go to the oct/nov thread for cr1 someone a couple pages past posted the email for me....

I had contact my congressman ,senator and service request said nothing but wait 6 more months...now they're saying after 6 months and 3 days i have rfe...but its not showing on their system nor did i get a email or txt..this is most frustrating process and i feel it has wasted 6 months i could of been with my husband..

i dont agree however that the wait is for our security or because the government is doing background checks when i see countries that are very high on the list the us government considers hostile getting approved in a month..im not judging any country or people im just stating fact...i wish everyone on here quick approvals and happiness....

event.png

preg.png

ENGAGED AUGUST 18, 2010

MARRIED OCT 21, 2010

FILED I-130 NOV 13,2010

NOA 1 NOV 15, 2010

NOA 2 JUNE 15, 2011

CASE # JULY 13,2011

DS3032 ACCEPTED JULY 18, 2011

AOS paid JULY 20, 2011

Sent AOS JULY 23, 2011

IV paid JULY 25, 2011

IV sent JULY 28, 2011

CASE CLOSED AUG 8, 2011

INTERVIEW DATE OCT 13, 2011

Timeline

; I do understand that this is a standard security check, and I do very respect that!! Because there are a lot of persons out there who wants to come here with bad intentions.

The only thing is, is that the waiting (especially this far) is really breaking me apart the past two weeks.

And nothing is as sad as seeing people around you get approved within 5 months, and 3 months after I filed.

Don't get me wrong, I am very happy for them. But it also reminds me that I'm waiting for so long...

5 months waiting? I didn't care much for that, because I accepted it because it was normal processing time.. but now that it's almost 2 months over the 5 month mark, is a different ball game!!

Again, Aaron and I did everything possible.. and only time can tell! :whistle:

AOS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

To all those that have waited longer that 6 months you can call and request an expedite. I did it and mine was approved based on being outside normal processing times

I documented it here I hope that you all can benefit from it as well.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/304363-k1-expedite/

Processing times posted here and then you select your service center to get the current time for the I129f

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDisplayInit.do

Edited by kcnca

06/10/11 Embassy Interview ( Said we were approved but, no visa due to birth certificate correction )

07/12/11 New Appointment to hand in the Original Birth Certificate Finial Approval

07/25/11 Still waiting for Visa to be received

08/04/11 POE at Orlando International

08/20/11 Married

Filed for AOS

Sent AOS,EAD & AP in same package 3/19/2012

Package Tracking Shows it was received 3/21/2012

Check cashed 03/26/2012

Waiting for NOA

Received EAD & AP May 28 2012

Received 2yr green card Sept 15 2012

Timeline

; I thought expedite was for people who are in the army and stuff...

Like I said, I have to give USCIS 30 days to make a decision. (Service Request, April 27th)... So, I only have 7 days to go... If a decision hasn't been made, then I have to call them.. and hopefully an expedite on our case will do us good!!!

Thank you for your tip. I really thought it was only for army people.. :thumbs:

AOS

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I just saw they approved someone who filed more than a MONTH after me and who had an RFE TWO DAYS after me, BEFORE me. AWESOME.

K-1 Visa Journey

October 1, 2010: I-129F sent

October 5, 2010: I-129F received

October 12, 2010: NOA1 e-mail received, routed to VSC

October 16, 2010: NOA1 hard copy received (dated October 7, 2010)

April 18, 2011: RFE e-mail

April 20, 2011: RFE hardcopy received

April 20, 2011: RFE response sent to VSC

May 2, 2011: E-mail confirming VSC has received RFE response

July 27, 2011: NOA2 e-mail received (9 months, 2 weeks, and 6 days (292 days) after NOA1

July 30, 2011: NOA2 hard copy

August 4, 2011: NVC received case

August 8, 2011: NVC forwarded case to US Consulate in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico

August 8, 2011: Consulate received case

August 25, 2011: Consulate mailed packet 3

September 3, 2011: Received Packet 3 in US

September 20, 2011: Interview! Not enough information in the system to make a decision

September 26, 2011: K1 visa approved and received via DHL

October 20, 2011: POE at Phoenix, Arizona

October 26, 2011: Married

AOS Journey

11-7-2011 - AOS package sent to lockbox in Chicago, IL

11-9-2011 - AOS package delivered and signed for

11-15-2011 - NOA1 e-mails received (NOA1 date November 10), routed to NBC

11-16-2011 - Check Cashed

11-21-2011 - Hard Copies & Biometrics Appointment Letter Received

11-29-2011 - Biometrics done via walk-in! (Originally scheduled for 12/14/11)

12-2-2011 - Case transferred to CSC

1-17-2012 - EAD/AP Card Production Ordered

1-25-2012 - EAD/AP card received in mail

3-7-2012 - RFE issued

3-19-2012 - RFE response received by CSC

4-4-2012 - Green Card Production!

4-10-12 - GC received in mail

January 3, 2014: ROC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

; I thought expedite was for people who are in the army and stuff...

Like I said, I have to give USCIS 30 days to make a decision. (Service Request, April 27th)... So, I only have 7 days to go... If a decision hasn't been made, then I have to call them.. and hopefully an expedite on our case will do us good!!!

Thank you for your tip. I really thought it was only for army people.. :thumbs:

Nope not just for army but for other reasons like health or finical hardship, etc. But they also allow for outside normal processing time, I stumbled across this by requesting a service request when we reached 5 months, and their reply said that once it has past normal processing time and then plus 30 days i could request an expedite based on the ONTP I made the request the next day I got an e-mail asking for a letter for reason to which I explained the ONTP and got the approval a few days later to which I found out that from the request to the approval actually took 3 days from the time I sent my response back in so went quickly and it took just a little over week to know because from the time requested it on Thursday to Friday the following week when I actually got the approval e-mail and letter

Also if you are within a day or two you can request the expedite I was actually a day early on my request so if you ask for it now you might get the letter request back and give you time to write a nice letter

hope this helps

06/10/11 Embassy Interview ( Said we were approved but, no visa due to birth certificate correction )

07/12/11 New Appointment to hand in the Original Birth Certificate Finial Approval

07/25/11 Still waiting for Visa to be received

08/04/11 POE at Orlando International

08/20/11 Married

Filed for AOS

Sent AOS,EAD & AP in same package 3/19/2012

Package Tracking Shows it was received 3/21/2012

Check cashed 03/26/2012

Waiting for NOA

Received EAD & AP May 28 2012

Received 2yr green card Sept 15 2012

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.