kcnca

K1 expedite

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I just want to let anyone who is about to reach 6 months processing at 6 months or over 6 months that you can ask for expedited processing.

Here is how I did this and how it happened for me

When I reached 5 months I called and inquired about my petition they put in a service request for my case to which 15 days later I get a response which explained what I could do when I reached out of the normal processing times

So here is what happens, they post normal processing times on their web site your NOA1 date is your posted date

When you reach the normal posted processing times based on your NOA1 you have to allow USCIS an additional 30 days for processing

If the USCIS has not processed your petition during this time you can call the USCIS and ask for a expedite request

If the Agent you speak to does not let you file the request ( their system may not let the agent put int he request ) so ask for a tier 2 officer

When talking to the tier 2 officer please be nice and answer their questions and tell them that you want to request and expedite based on ONPT ( Outside Normal Processing times ) This is following their procedures and is not jumping ahead of anyone else as you have already met the requirements

Then the same day or following day you should receive an e-mail from the USCIS which is asking for a letter and evidence for the reasons why you are requesting an expedite and that you have 20 days to respond

I wrote a simple letter following their requirements to include certain information and then explained why was I was requesting the expedite and they provided a fax number and I faxed it back as quickly as I could which was the following Monday the 4th

Today I received a letter stating that I met the requirements for special handling ( this was after I was actually approved but confirms that I was processed because of this request )

List of events

3/1/11 called reached 5 months & a service requested was entered

3/16/11 received response back stating about 30 additional days processing to be allowed etc ( where I got the ONPT information )

3/31/11 called USCIS and asked for expedite with a tier 2 officer

4/1/11 received e-mail for letter to respond

4/4/11 faxed back letter and evidence ( letter, 1st service request, expedite request, and noted processing times on USCIS website )

4/8/11 received text & email notice of Petition Approval ( petition approval was 4/6/11 no notice till 4/8/11 )

4/9/11 received letter from USCIS stating that I met the requirements of special handling

Good luck to anyone who is about to reach 6 months processing times

06/10/11 Embassy Interview ( Said we were approved but, no visa due to birth certificate correction )

07/12/11 New Appointment to hand in the Original Birth Certificate Finial Approval

07/25/11 Still waiting for Visa to be received

08/04/11 POE at Orlando International

08/20/11 Married

Filed for AOS

Sent AOS,EAD & AP in same package 3/19/2012

Package Tracking Shows it was received 3/21/2012

Check cashed 03/26/2012

Waiting for NOA

Received EAD & AP May 28 2012

Received 2yr green card Sept 15 2012

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks for the info.... :thumbs:

April 02, 2011 10:13AM I-129F Mailed to USCIS Dallas, Texas

April 04, 2011 12:25PM Delivered at USCIS Dallas, TX signed by C.Thornquist

April 08, 2011 12:20AM NOA1 (notification by email)

April 08, 2011 Personal Check USCIS, Credited from account.

April 11, 2011 11:52AM Rec I-797C, Notice of Action by mail. NOA1 Notice Date April 06, 2011

Sept. 23, 2011 Notification of Approval of NOA2 (Text Message)

Jan. 03, 2012 K1 Visa APPROVED (USA EMBASSY MANILA)

March 21, 2012 POE Dallas, Texas

event.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

i didnt know they approve expedites based on how out of processing time you are,might be a new thing since vermont is UBER slow now days

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I just want to let anyone who is about to reach 6 months processing at 6 months or over 6 months that you can ask for expedited processing.

Here is how I did this and how it happened for me

When I reached 5 months I called and inquired about my petition they put in a service request for my case to which 15 days later I get a response which explained what I could do when I reached out of the normal processing times

So here is what happens, they post normal processing times on their web site your NOA1 date is your posted date

When you reach the normal posted processing times based on your NOA1 you have to allow USCIS an additional 30 days for processing

If the USCIS has not processed your petition during this time you can call the USCIS and ask for a expedite request

If the Agent you speak to does not let you file the request ( their system may not let the agent put int he request ) so ask for a tier 2 officer

When talking to the tier 2 officer please be nice and answer their questions and tell them that you want to request and expedite based on ONPT ( Outside Normal Processing times ) This is following their procedures and is not jumping ahead of anyone else as you have already met the requirements

Then the same day or following day you should receive an e-mail from the USCIS which is asking for a letter and evidence for the reasons why you are requesting an expedite and that you have 20 days to respond

I wrote a simple letter following their requirements to include certain information and then explained why was I was requesting the expedite and they provided a fax number and I faxed it back as quickly as I could which was the following Monday the 4th

Today I received a letter stating that I met the requirements for special handling ( this was after I was actually approved but confirms that I was processed because of this request )

List of events

3/1/11 called reached 5 months & a service requested was entered

3/16/11 received response back stating about 30 additional days processing to be allowed etc ( where I got the ONPT information )

3/31/11 called USCIS and asked for expedite with a tier 2 officer

4/1/11 received e-mail for letter to respond

4/4/11 faxed back letter and evidence ( letter, 1st service request, expedite request, and noted processing times on USCIS website )

4/8/11 received text & email notice of Petition Approval ( petition approval was 4/6/11 no notice till 4/8/11 )

4/9/11 received letter from USCIS stating that I met the requirements of special handling

Good luck to anyone who is about to reach 6 months processing times

what exactly did you write on the letter and what was your proof? I might be doing the same in the upcoming week and it'd be nice to get those deatils since you did it successfully.

K1
10/15/2010 - NOA1
04/11/2011 - NOA2
04/14/2011 - NVC received
04/18/2011 - NVC sent
04/19/2011 - Consulate received
05/04/2011 - Packet 3 sent
05/28/2011 - Packet 3 received
06/07/2011 - Medical exam & ASC appt.
06/09/2011 - Interview - APPROVED
07/29/2011 - Marriage

AOS
09/26/2011 - NOA1

10/18/2011 - Case transferred to CSC
10/28/2011 - Biometrics
11/23/2011 - EAD & AP approved

12/03/2011 - EAD & AP combo card received
01/24/2012 - AOS approved
02/02/2012 - NOA for approved AOS & prod. of GC ordered
02/08/2012 - GC received
ROC

12/10/2013 - NOA1
01/10/2014 - Biometrics

06/04/2014 - ROC & prod. of GC ordered

06/17/2014 - GC received

Naturalization

01/29/2015 - N-400 sent to TX

02/12/2015 - NOA1

03/03/2015 - Biometrics

05/02/2015 - Interview letter received

06/04/2015 - Interview Appointment - APPROVED

Timeline

what exactly did you write on the letter and what was your proof? I might be doing the same in the upcoming week and it'd be nice to get those deatils since you did it successfully.

Ill post it a little later got to run out for a bit

06/10/11 Embassy Interview ( Said we were approved but, no visa due to birth certificate correction )

07/12/11 New Appointment to hand in the Original Birth Certificate Finial Approval

08/20/11 Married

Filed for AOS

Check cashed 03/26/2012

Waiting for NOA

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uzbekistan
Timeline

My 6th month is around the corner and wanted to see what you wrote... could you please have that letter send to us too... thank you!

Timeline

Ok again please note that this letter is a response to the expedite I asked for ONPT Expedite

They may try to tell you that you can only expedite for financial reasons or what ever the others are but don't let them get it over on you be nice and ask for ONPT Expedite you must be at 6 months or longer and basing it on the USCIS website posted processing times plus 30 days

Also be nice and ask to talk to a tire 2 officer when the Agent is not able to help so be nice to them as well they are there to help us get through this process

PARTIAL TEXT FROM MY FIRST SERVICE REQUEST

"Type of service requested:

-- Non-Delivery of Other Notice

The status of this service request is:

Processing times for specific petitions at the Vermont Service Center (VSC) are provided on the www.uscis.gov website and are updated weekly. Based on fluctuations and variables that impact the processing times and for the purpose of interim or final adjudicative processing, the VSC allows 30 days beyond the posted date before the case is considered "Outside of Normal Processing Time" (ONPT).

An additional 30 days must be allowed for adjudicative review and processing before we can request expeditious processing based on an ONPT request. If the petition is still pending after 30 days, and once we receive your formal request for expeditious processing, your case will be forwarded to the applicable adjudicative unit for expeditious handling."

PARTIAL TEXT FROM THE EXPEDITE RESPONSE

"The status of this service request is:

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has reviewed your request for expedited processing of your petition. In order for USCIS to grant the requested expedite, you must submit documentation that supports your claim for an extreme emergent need.

The documents may include:

-- A letter written and signed by you that explains why your petition should be expeditiously processed, and

-- Any other information you feel will support your request for expedite.

If your request for expedite processing is based on financial needs, you must also submit:

-- A letter explaining your financial needs, and

-- Bank statements that show your income, and/or

-- An expenditures report that shows the cause of your inability to meet financial obligations, or

-- Any other information you feel will support your request for expedite."

LETTER I FAXED BACK along with the two service request

Your Address information

To:

The information below will be on your expedite and is needed when faxing it back to USCIS

Vermont Service Center

ATTN: XXXXX

75 Lower Welden Street

Saint Albans VT 05479-0001

Fax number: 1-802-288-7828

VERMONT SERVICE CENTER

ATTENTION: DIVISION 3 AA0409

REFERRAL ID: XXX.XXX.XX.XXXXX.VSC

RECEIPT NUMBER: Your Case Number will be here

To whom it concerns:

I (Your name) the Petitioner for (Your Fiance's Name) for I129F petition, the reason for this letter is to provide information for the expedite request.

My request for an expedite request, is based on ONPT (Outside Normal Processing Time) On March 16th I received a response to another service request. This service request Referral ID: TXXXXXXXXXXXXXVSC clearly states “An additional 30 days must be allowed for adjudicative review and processing before we can request expeditious processing based on an ONPT request. If the petition is still pending after 30 days, and once we receive your formal request for expeditious processing, your case will be forwarded to the applicable adjudicative unit for expeditious handling.”

The USCIS website posted K1 processing times is 5 months as of March 14th the last update date of the USCIS website. My NOA1 Posting date is 10/29/2010 more than 5 months has passed and my petition has reached the USCIS posted 5 months normal processing time on approximately March 1st plus 30 additional Days reached on March 31st

Please accept my request for ONPT expeditious processing based on meeting the criteria above as we have been patiently waiting for 6 months now and are Outside the posted Normal Processing Times.

Sincerely,

Your Name

I know that you may not have the first service request but I do not believe it is necessary you are just following their procedure if you have patiently waited for 30 days past the normal processing times then you are well within reason to ask for expedite based on ONPT

So you may need to edit that part out or if you can find it stated somewhere on their site and use that as the reference

I will also post the letter i received stating it was approved for this reason as well got to make pdf of it

08/20/11 Married

Filed for AOS

Check cashed 03/26/2012

Waiting for NOA

Timeline

OK here is the letter I received.

3/30/11 Called and ask for ONPT Expedite

03/31/11 received e-mail asking for Letter of reason for expedite

04/04/11 Faxed letter ONPT service request back

04/05/11 Letter written from USCIS about approval

04/06/11 Petition was approved

04/07/11 received letter written on 04/05/11

04/08/11 received official notice text and E-mail that petition was approved

Now on to learning what the next steps are to do for the NVC and Embassy

post-86626-0-64905500-1302398992_thumb.jpg

08/20/11 Married

Filed for AOS

Check cashed 03/26/2012

Waiting for NOA

Timeline

i didnt know they approve expedites based on how out of processing time you are,might be a new thing since vermont is UBER slow now days

I am pretty sure that this is not a new process, I believe that it is not a posted process and no one will tell you that you can ask when these conditions are met I think I got lucky when I got a response from the first Service request where it clearly states that you can request expedite for ONPT see earlier post text from first service request

Conditions needed

How is that determined? your NOA1 date is your posted start date ( I asked one agent when was my start date and she said it was on your first notice )

USCIS website Posted processing time for your Visa in my case K1 I129F 5 months ( Check the site last updated date and quote it in the letter )

Additional 30 days past posted processing times on USCIS site

NOA1 Date + posted processing time + 30 additional days = ONPT

When these conditions are met you can request a expedite for ONPT

08/20/11 Married

Filed for AOS

Check cashed 03/26/2012

Waiting for NOA

thanks for the info.

i will start stalking them soon lol

event.png

K1 Process

11/04/2010 | NOA1 Received

11/15/2010 | Touched

02/24/2011 | Flyiin to be with my love

03/05/2011 | Back to waiting,back to US .lol

04/04/2011 | 150th Day Mark.arghh

04/25/2011 | NOA2..yayyy

NVC

05/03/2011 | NVC Received SDO# ASSIGNED

05/05/2011 | Case En route to Santo Domingo

05/07/2011 | Received NVC letter date 5/3/2011

05/11/2011 | Santo Domingo Received Case

05/17/2011 | Interview scheduled

06/01/2011 | Pkt.4 Received

07/06/2011 | Medical Done

07/17/2011 | Leaving to DR

07/19/2011 | INTERVIEW AT 6:45AM APPROVED

08/03/2011 | VISA Printed

08/08/2011 | Visa Received

08/09/2011 | POE @ JFK

09/23/2011 | MARRIED

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

I am pretty sure that this is not a new process, I believe that it is not a posted process and no one will tell you that you can ask when these conditions are met I think I got lucky when I got a response from the first Service request where it clearly states that you can request expedite for ONPT see earlier post text from first service request

Conditions needed

How is that determined? your NOA1 date is your posted start date ( I asked one agent when was my start date and she said it was on your first notice )

USCIS website Posted processing time for your Visa in my case K1 I129F 5 months ( Check the site last updated date and quote it in the letter )

Additional 30 days past posted processing times on USCIS site

NOA1 Date + posted processing time + 30 additional days = ONPT

When these conditions are met you can request a expedite for ONPT

actually back when CSC was slow ( about 6 months ago ) this wasnt the usual process,believe me,i tried :D whatever works tho,even if its a new process,its good,people who have been over 5 months deserve it

Timeline

your all welcome!!!

I would love to hear from anyone who uses this info and has success as I did at least it will also confirm for others that this is valid

Also something that I figured out in talking with the agent on my last call is that They would not allow me to put in a service request for ONPT because their system would not let them based on my NOA1, so after some questioning I figured out this, basically they said they were processing Sept 11 petition time frame

I was 30 days past 5 months processing then the agent said that in 18 more days I could apply remember at March 31st I was at 6 months

So basic math 5 months NPT + 30 days + 18 days meant that they are about 48 days behind their normal processing time ( this is just speculation based on information I received )

It is also weird that their system would not let them ( the agent ) put in the service request, this I believe is because how the system is programmed because she said that they would have to be processing petitions past my NOA1 date which would be after October 1 before she would have been able to put in the service request

I questioned her about it because she said that she gets a negative sign when she put in my information I said but that would mean that I am past NPT and she said no their system does not work that way So then I asked for tier 2 Officer

08/20/11 Married

Filed for AOS

Check cashed 03/26/2012

Waiting for NOA

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.