ilovemaya

I-864 how to get that done

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Czech Republic
Timeline

Ok im trying to get tru the I-864, we r 6 member household so we need to come up with $37.487. My husband now has a job that makes him $ 20.000 but he only has that job for few months. Last year he was in and out of job. So I put in his income $ 20.000, but they will see from his W-2s that he didnt even made this much last year. So how do they count it? R they countin it out from the income i put in or figurin out from the W-2s?

thank you all ahead for any help! :thumbs:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

*** K-3 visa folksen don't file the I-864. Moving to IR-1/CR-1 forum, for now ***

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Paystubs and a letter from the employer prove current income.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

Paystubs and a letter from the employer prove current income.

mayb i didnt asked right...i know that paystubs n letter from emplyer prove income. But i would like to know how do they figur the income out there at the embassy? Do they only look at and count what i put in there as income? Or they base themself off of whats on your W-2 forms? Sorry if this is a stupid question :blush: just trying to understand. Cuz if my husbands puts in there hes earnin 20.000 now...they cant base themself off of that since its not what hes been making for past tax year..only what he makes now past few months...if last year was very bad n he didnt make much...then how do they count it to know if hes eligable or not?

Timeline

first of all..thank you all for ur replies!!! (:

ok, so if i understand it right now...lets say mu husband has now job with income of $30.000, but last year was mostly unemplyed and made only $10.000...it means that even tho i put as his current income $30.000, they will base themself off of whats on his W-2...n thats only $10.000? correct?...I just would like to know how to count this, so I know how much has to our sponsor come up with to qualify as a sponsor.

Thank youuuuu! :blush:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

No--they will base it on current income if you have documentation--a letter, pay stubs, etc, but you still have to provide the history.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Is your self employed or an employee?

Current and ongoing annualized income for a wage/salary earner is what will be considered. Even if the person has held the job for a few months the yearly earnings are the key. If a person is self employed, then the income measures is line 22 from the most recent year's tax return.

From what you are saying the annual income for this year ($30K annual) is the amount considered. The recent paystubs and employer letter would support the claim of a $30K income.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Is your self employed or an employee?

Current and ongoing annualized income for a wage/salary earner is what will be considered. Even if the person has held the job for a few months the yearly earnings are the key. If a person is self employed, then the income measures is line 22 from the most recent year's tax return.

From what you are saying the annual income for this year ($30K annual) is the amount considered. The recent paystubs and employer letter would support the claim of a $30K income.

Right. (Unfortunately, you've received a number of less than helpful to misleading answers.) On the I-864, treat each question as just a question. For prior years, take the income from line 22 of the 1040 form. For current income, state the current income and document it with employer letter and/or pay stubs. If the current income isn't enough, you'll need a joint sponsor with enough individual income to cover their own family size plus the intending immigrant(s).

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Right. (Unfortunately, you've received a number of less than helpful to misleading answers.) On the I-864, treat each question as just a question. For prior years, take the income from line 22 of the 1040 form. For current income, state the current income and document it with employer letter and/or pay stubs. If the current income isn't enough, you'll need a joint sponsor with enough individual income to cover their own family size plus the intending immigrant(s).

ok, more clear now :yes: thank you!

thank you all for ur help with this!!! :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.