hamtaro

Think I've lost the chest X-ray from medical and they want it at PoE!

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Can anyone help me, at no point did anyone tell me I needed to keep the chest X-ray CDR I was given at the embassy, it looks like I have left it at my friend's house who I stayed with in London but given all the things I've accidentally left there before that he's not been able to locate I am now more than a bit concerned. I got the letter with my visa and it says I should be prepared to hand it over at PoE! At the embassy the rather jovial official just told me I might want to see it for my peace of mind, not that I needed to keep it! Really worried now. And I haven't even looked at it, just thought it was an extra I was given! :(

Can anyone help me, at no point did anyone tell me I needed to keep the chest X-ray CDR I was given at the embassy, it looks like I have left it at my friend's house who I stayed with in London but given all the things I've accidentally left there before that he's not been able to locate I am now more than a bit concerned. I got the letter with my visa and it says I should be prepared to hand it over at PoE! At the embassy the rather jovial official just told me I might want to see it for my peace of mind, not that I needed to keep it! Really worried now. And I haven't even looked at it, just thought it was an extra I was given! :(

Chest X-ray is NEVER asked for at POE - what would they do with it, they're not doctors. The x-ray results are on a sheet of paper with your medical files - that's all they want.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Filed: Timeline

Chest X-ray is NEVER asked for at POE - what would they do with it, they're not doctors. The x-ray results are on a sheet of paper with your medical files - that's all they want.

That may be so but I'm just quoting from the letter I got with my visa - "Your X-Ray/Diskette: You should also be prepared to present your X-ray film or diskette, which may be carried in your checked luggage for convenience."

Now they DID give it me, and I DID leave it on my friend's computer desk after us laughing about me getting it and not being all that bothered, then we went out and got drunk and I forgot about it. :(

Cannot get hold of either my friend or the visa doctors (completely busy line, as it was for infinity when I was trying to book the appointment, took us hours to get through.)

Just one huge worry after another. :(

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

is any way you can show up, in person, at the doctor's office, and ask for a COPY of that CDR ?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I agree that it is virtually never required--only what is in the big envelope, but the odds are not 100%, so if you can get it--great !! If not, I'd come anyway.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

is any way you can show up, in person, at the doctor's office, and ask for a COPY of that CDR ?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

It's not an embassy issue -- it's a CBP issue -- find the number on their web site and call, and in the meantime, I agree that you should just go to the doc's office -- it will take them only a minute to make a new CD

Edited by magical

I received my medical xray on a cdr yesterday. I was having my CR1 interview in London.

I was not told to give it to anyone. When I do fly with my 'mystery brown envelope', I'll have with the cdr with me,

and I'll only hand it over if they ask.

CR1 VISA

Jul 23 2010 - MARRIED

Aug 26 2010 - I-130 received by USCIS

Jan 21 2011 - Approved by USCIS

Mar 04 2011 - NVC received

Mar 15 2011 - Medical

Mar 30 2011 - NVC COMPLETED

Apr 14 2011 - Packet 4 received

May 12 2011 - EMBASSY INTERVIEW

May 23 2011 - VISA received

May 26 2011 - Dulles POE

Jun 20 2011 - GREENCARD arrives

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

The only times I have ever read about someone having to hand over their x-ray is when someone is coming in from a country that has many cases of active TB such as the Philippines. There is a medical expert available at disembarkation for some of these flights and they have sometimes requested seeing medical proof of negative TB. These cases are few and far between and I suspect there would have to be some sort of reason or suspicion to make this request. (The one case that comes to mind did involve a young woman who had TB when she entered - she was held and not allowed to enter the US. I don't know what her medical reports had said).

You will not require your x-ray to enter coming from the UK. There will be no reason to suspect you of having active TB since the country your flight originates from does not have active TB rampant in the community. This would be the only reason anyone would request your x-ray. Regardless, the actual printed out hard copy report that states you do not have TB is inside the medical results contained within that brown envelope that you are not to open. Carry that brown envelope with you - not in checked luggage - and you will hand it over to immigration when you activate (I know - that isn't the right word but it explains what happens) the visa in your passport. That is all that is required. The x-rays are your souvenir of your medical :) .

I actually handed my x-ray over to my new family doctor to keep on file for comparison purposes. It forms a baseline of what my lungs looked like when I arrived.

Don't panic about this - you will be fine. If your friend ever finds the CD he can then mail it to you - either before or after your flight to the US.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Two posts containing personal attacks have been removed. If you cannot contribute constructively to the discussion, then do not contribute at all. Judgmental and negative comments help no one and will only exacerbate an already stressful situation. I repeat, if you do not wish to participate constructively and supportively in this discussion, then do not participate at all.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

I agree. My husband came from the Dominican Republic last year and even though we brought the x-ray in our hecked luggage no one asked for that. Besides, maybe they have something about it inside of the "mystery envelope" that everyone comes in with. He came in through JFK International and I saw no doctors waiting to check them there. If that was the case wouldn't you have had issues at the doctors office in the first place. Take it easy and come on over!

I agree. My husband came from the Dominican Republic last year and even though we brought the x-ray in our hecked luggage no one asked for that. Besides, maybe they have something about it inside of the "mystery envelope" that everyone comes in with. He came in through JFK International and I saw no doctors waiting to check them there. If that was the case wouldn't you have had issues at the doctors office in the first place. Take it easy and come on over!

TIMELINE

Marriage : 2009-03-11

I-130 Sent : 2009-06-01

I-130 NOA1 : 2009-06-03

I-129F Sent : 2009-07-02

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-07-06

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-08-25

Interview Date : 2009-11-12

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2009-12-03

US Entry : 2010-02-08

I-130 Approval : 2009-08-25

Port of Entry : JFK

POE Date : 2010-02-08

Got EAD Stamp : Yes,EAD Card

Biometrics Taken : Yes

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : MSC Local Office: New York City

Date Filed : 2010-09-23

NOA Date : 2010-09-30

Bio. Appt. : 2010-12-14

Approval Date: 2011-04-19

Got I551 Stamp : No

Greencard Received: No

Comments : No Interview, just received a notice online that card processing is in completion. step-sons status is currently still showing the same, last touch on 10/20/2011 and no update as of yet.

Employment Authorization Document

Bio. Appt. : 2010-12-14

Approved Date : 2010-12-20

Date Card Received : 2010-12-30

Advance Parole

Date Received : 2010-11-01

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.