Westlink

F1 case complete and waiting for visa # availability

4,967 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

If you are telling me the Cut-off date is September 16th, 2006, for the Sep. 2013 bulletin, I don't want to hear it!!!

No no, we don't know yet. The good news is that it seems they are starting to send out interview letters today. According to that link, the cutoff date will be "at least" Sept 22nd.

F1 Discussion | F1 Poll | F1 Watch List

F1 ~ PD: 08SEP06 ~ Current! cool.png ~ AOS ~ Green Card!

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

GOOD NEWS!

User kikkoel from Univision forums says:

"Hola a todos. Les cuento me asignaron la cita para septiembre 4 a las 7.30 de la mañana soy prioridad 16 de septiembre del 2006"

"Hey everyone. Let me tell you that I was assigned an interview for September 4th, 7:30 in the morning. My priority date is September 16th, 2006"

http://foro.univision.com/t5/Inmigracion-Tramites-de-Residencia/CATEGORIA-F1/td-p/440614184/highlight/false/page/215

(he is from Peru but his interview is in Italy, since that is where he lives now)

You're a good news bringer. Thanks for that! And, yes -- I've been dreaming about the forum, too! You've all been family for so long now.

So looks like the cut off dates moved, and I believe a party for you is in order! Pizza and vodka over here! :-)

Priority Date: 10/5/2006

Interview Scheduled: 10/1/2013

Medical Completed: 11/4/2013

Interview Completed: 11/18/2013

CEAC Status -- Administrative Processing -- 11/19/2013

CEAC Status -- ISSUED -- 11/19/2013

VISA IN HAND -- 11/21/2013

POE -- 11/22/2013

Thank you all for the congratulations!!

My interview was scheduled for 7:30 am, I arrived at 7:00 am and joined the line. At 7:00 the security came out and placed us in two lines, one for 7:15 appointments and one for 7:30 immigrant visa appointments.

Once inside, I was given a folder in which I was to placed all my documents to make it easily accessible. This didn't work well since I carried ALL my documents in my effort to be prepared. My name was called at around 9:00, at the window the clerk went through her file with me and asked for my original birth paper and a copy as well as the recent tax statements from my sponsors. She pointed an error on the affidavit of support and allowed me to correct it. She then took my passport and one of the pictures I walked with. I was given the DS230 to review, at this point I made a change to the address where I wanted the documents to be mailed in the US. This process took around 30 mins to complete. I was then asked to be seated and I would be called for an interview.

At around 10:00 my name was called and I proceeded to another window. I was asked my mom's name, what's the longest time I ever stayed in the US, and since I lived in Jamaica for three years, I was asked if I ever went back there to live or if I lived anywhere else. I was then asked if I made a reservation with DHL already which I had previously done.

That was it!!!

Visa Approved!!!! The interview was less than 5 mins!!!!

I was then asked to sign the DS230 and my birth certificate was returned.

To those with interviews coming up....good luck!!!

To those still waiting.....have faith you are almost there!!!

PD 21st August 2006dancin5hr.gif

Timeline

Thanks for sharing your experience szoeie! I loved the part of the documents not fitting in the folder lol. I'm the same way, better bring extra paperwork just in case! Congrats smile.png

Edited by NevermindVz

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

I had my interview reschedule and....so got delayed in posting reply.

My interview was schedule for morning 7.30 and by 8 am they called my name for submission of my documents.(Updated PCC,Updated petitioner W2) at the same time guy asked me when were u married to which i replied never been married.He was laughing and commented so you know abt it...

After 15 mins visa officer called me and asked me.

Who is calling you in USA.what is he doing?

Who called your Petitioner in USA.When did you met last time to your petitioner.(I was staying with them from last 5 years).Still they asked me to show few PICS with petitioner.

Finally they approved my visa.It did not took more than 5 mins for interview..

Best of luck to people who are waiting for I/L .....It was awesome journey with you all.....

Edited by chiku83

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Thank you all for the congratulations!!

My interview was scheduled for 7:30 am, I arrived at 7:00 am and joined the line. At 7:00 the security came out and placed us in two lines, one for 7:15 appointments and one for 7:30 immigrant visa appointments.

Once inside, I was given a folder in which I was to placed all my documents to make it easily accessible. This didn't work well since I carried ALL my documents in my effort to be prepared. My name was called at around 9:00, at the window the clerk went through her file with me and asked for my original birth paper and a copy as well as the recent tax statements from my sponsors. She pointed an error on the affidavit of support and allowed me to correct it. She then took my passport and one of the pictures I walked with. I was given the DS230 to review, at this point I made a change to the address where I wanted the documents to be mailed in the US. This process took around 30 mins to complete. I was then asked to be seated and I would be called for an interview.

At around 10:00 my name was called and I proceeded to another window. I was asked my mom's name, what's the longest time I ever stayed in the US, and since I lived in Jamaica for three years, I was asked if I ever went back there to live or if I lived anywhere else. I was then asked if I made a reservation with DHL already which I had previously done.

That was it!!!

Visa Approved!!!! The interview was less than 5 mins!!!!

I was then asked to sign the DS230 and my birth certificate was returned.

To those with interviews coming up....good luck!!!

To those still waiting.....have faith you are almost there!!!

Congrats. Wishing u success as u journey to the US

My interview was schedule for morning 7.30 and by 8 am they called my name for submission of my documents.(Updated PCC,Updated petitioner W2) at the same time guy asked me when were u married to which i replied never been married.He was laughing and commented so you know abt it...

Who called your Petitioner in USA.When did you met last time to your petitioner.(I was staying with them from last 5 years).Still they asked me to show few PICS with petitioner.

Best of luck to people who are waiting for I/L .....It was awesome journey with you all.....

Congrats

Congrats

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Someone here priority date July 2007? How long before of the supposed inteview ,it is required to send documents for F1 case complete?Until I did not hear nothing about it.How long is the waiting for the interview? I applied for my son single over 21. Thanks.

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Someone here priority date July 2007? How long before of the supposed inteview ,it is required to send documents for F1 case complete?Until I did not hear nothing about it.How long is the waiting for the interview? I applied for my son single over 21. Thanks.

Sorry about my mistake.It was not here to write my question.:(

Timeline

Hey Marlizinha! I'm glad you joined our forum. There's a few members with July 2007 as priority date. Check this link (also in my signature):

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/337740-f1-watch-list/page-14#entry6439466

They are currently processing cases up to September 1st, 2006. Check the monthly visa bulletins here (click on the August one and look for F1):

http://travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_1360.html

Edited by NevermindVz

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.