Westlink

F1 case complete and waiting for visa # availability

4,967 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

You're current now and I'm so happy for you. That's the only reason I'm not completely pissed at this ###### bulletin right now. What am I saying? I'm still completely pissed!

It's so crazy that it only moved two weeks! I think no one could have predicted that. I think good things will happen at the start of the next fiscal year. You're so close! Almost there. Hugs!

F1 Discussion | F1 Poll | F1 Watch List

F1 ~ PD: 08SEP06 ~ Current! cool.png ~ AOS ~ Green Card!

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

It's so crazy that it only moved two weeks! I think no one could have predicted that. I think good things will happen at the start of the next fiscal year. You're so close! Almost there. Hugs!

Thanks! Fingers crossed. Keep us updated on how your AOS filing goes. You'll do it in two or so weeks, right?

Priority Date: 10/5/2006

Interview Scheduled: 10/1/2013

Medical Completed: 11/4/2013

Interview Completed: 11/18/2013

CEAC Status -- Administrative Processing -- 11/19/2013

CEAC Status -- ISSUED -- 11/19/2013

VISA IN HAND -- 11/21/2013

POE -- 11/22/2013

Timeline

Thanks! Fingers crossed. Keep us updated on how your AOS filing goes. You'll do it in two or so weeks, right?

I'm starting to check what paperwork I need to gather and also scheduling my immigration medical. I'm not too sure about the next steps, but I think I can only apply on September 1st and after. So two weeks to get everything ready!

Timeline

Thanks NevermindVz for the list ! Now I glad because I saw some people in same priorty year ! smile.png

Yes! There is a lot of us here and everyone is super nice. See you around!

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

That's so weird! I wonder how that member from Univisions forums got his letter? I'm gonna try to double-check with him if his PD is really Sep 16th.

These were the movements this fiscal year:

OCT - 07

NOV - 24

DEC - 30

JAN - 21

FEB - 24

MAR - 31

APR - 21

MAY - 24

JUN - 21

JUL - 40

AUG - 92

SEP - 14

As a side note... I'm current!!! OMG I cannot believe it, I'm shaking and could barely type this. I had to check my PD again to make sure this is real lol

Congratulations !!!!! :)

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Bahrain
Timeline

That's so weird! I wonder how that member from Univisions forums got his letter? I'm gonna try to double-check with him if his PD is really Sep 16th.

These were the movements this fiscal year:

OCT - 07

NOV - 24

DEC - 30

JAN - 21

FEB - 24

MAR - 31

APR - 21

MAY - 24

JUN - 21

JUL - 40

AUG - 92

SEP - 14

As a side note... I'm current!!! OMG I cannot believe it, I'm shaking and could barely type this. I had to check my PD again to make sure this is real lol

Congrats!!! :-)

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

To those who have already had interviews,hope you'll check in with us still from time to time.Go enjoy your families and new life.

All those with upcoming interviews,all the best.

Congrats to all who are current.

PD 17JUL06 whistling.gif

ID 16SEP13 wink.png

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Congrats to those who are current. I am disappointed with the movement this bulletin and I do hope that next fiscal year will be a better one.

One a side not just letting everyone know that I got my package yesterday (Aug 12.... remember I did my interview on Aug 8) is an odd twist of fate. My sister's daughter name was spelt incorrectly on the DHL registration and the Embassy called her and tell her to come pick it up. She asked the officer if mine was ready and if I could pick up same time as we will be travelling together and the lady said "Sure no problem". So basically 2 days after my interview I got my package. The Lord works in mysterious ways.

Timeline

Congrats to those who are current. I am disappointed with the movement this bulletin and I do hope that next fiscal year will be a better one.

One a side not just letting everyone know that I got my package yesterday (Aug 12.... remember I did my interview on Aug 8) is an odd twist of fate. My sister's daughter name was spelt incorrectly on the DHL registration and the Embassy called her and tell her to come pick it up. She asked the officer if mine was ready and if I could pick up same time as we will be travelling together and the lady said "Sure no problem". So basically 2 days after my interview I got my package. The Lord works in mysterious ways.

Congrats on getting your package so soon! You are one step closer now :)

Timeline

I'm starting to check what paperwork I need to gather and also scheduling my immigration medical. I'm not too sure about the next steps, but I think I can only apply on September 1st and after. So two weeks to get everything ready!

Someone is CURRENT I SEEsmile.pngdancin5hr.gif. congrats!! I dont think that you would be able to schedule your medical without your il. Your medical should be done 10 working days before your interview. But I think that by tomorrow you should be on cloud 10!. I am really happy for you congrats again NevermindVz.

PD: August 7, 2006
ID: August 26,2013
Visa Issued
ph34r.png

Timeline

Some notes about this month's cycle:

For the last few months we got much better at narrowing our prediction of the upcoming visa bulletin by relying on who'd received their interview letters. But this month confused and disappointed many of us, although, looking back, I think it turns out it was actually reasonable, given the facts.

We started expecting letters from the week of July 29, since for the previous month reports of letters came on June 27/28. And the previous month had a movement of three months, so we sort of hoped that with a movement of even just 5 weeks, we'd see letters sent to the October folks, too. But, in reality, we should have known it would be a movement of two weeks. Some reports of letters had come in by the 2nd of August (those on the Russian blog, for example), and all the others that came after (the Vietnam blogs), suggested a movement of up to two weeks.

It's reasonable that NVC calculated the dates for all the folks who'd be current in a given month at least by the second to last week of the month, so that they could schedule all the many interviews with the respective consulates, and it's also reasonable to assume that, just like in June, they sent letters to all those who'd be current, all in one batch. So, the situation was that us late September/early October folks were really waiting in vain for the last two weeks, hoping to hear of more recent letters, not knowing that the NVC had already finished sending out all the letters that they would have sent out, but just that we weren't going to be included.

The good news is that if NVC remains consistent in sending their letters by about the 1st of the month, then some of us have only just a couple more weeks of waiting to find out more news. This month was the second lowest movement for the entire fiscal year, but I suppose they needed to slow down in September as a way of keeping the dates within the limit, given the previous month's jump, and particularly given that it's the end of the fiscal year. Fortunately, October brings with it a fresh batch of visa numbers, and perhaps movements will be the regular three to four weeks as of then.

Here's hoping it will be good.

Priority Date: 10/5/2006

Interview Scheduled: 10/1/2013

Medical Completed: 11/4/2013

Interview Completed: 11/18/2013

CEAC Status -- Administrative Processing -- 11/19/2013

CEAC Status -- ISSUED -- 11/19/2013

VISA IN HAND -- 11/21/2013

POE -- 11/22/2013

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.