coltrane2011

Biometrics fee....checking accont debited. good sign?

10 posts in this topic

My wife who is a US Citizen, petitioning for me, sent two checks to uscis. one was the required $985 and the other was the amount for the biometrics fee ($85). both amounts have been debited from her checking account by uscis. does this mean i should expect a biometrics exam pretty soon, or do they usually cash the check regardless of whether i have been approved or not?

i am anticipating and the wait is making me too anxious.

this is a family based adjustment of status and my priority date is March 2010 (we did some paperwork a year ago in 2010)

anyone with any info to share please let me know

My wife who is a US Citizen, petitioning for me, sent two checks to uscis. one was the required $985 and the other was the amount for the biometrics fee ($85). both amounts have been debited from her checking account by uscis. does this mean i should expect a biometrics exam pretty soon, or do they usually cash the check regardless of whether i have been approved or not?

i am anticipating and the wait is making me too anxious.

this is a family based adjustment of status and my priority date is March 2010 (we did some paperwork a year ago in 2010)

anyone with any info to share please let me know

You need to take a deep breath and relax there. Exciting isnt it when you she movement with your AOS. And yes them cashing your checks is excellent. They have accepted your AOS application. If things run to course then here in about a week you will receive your NOA. (Notice of Action) DO NOT LOSE THAT. Then depending on many factors including luck they will send out the biometrics appointment. Just check the the USICS web site and it will keep you updated. Wishing you luck in your journey!

You can stand me at the gates of hell, but I wont back down.
AOS Filed 02/01 however used wrong forms
refiled 2/22
NOA 3/1
BIO 3/18
Transfer 3/14
Touched 3/18
AP Approved 4/14(WASN'T UPDATED ON SIGHT OR TEXED TILL 4/18)
EAD Approved 4/14(WASN'T UPDATED ON SIGHT OR TEXED TILL 4/18)
GREEN CARD APPROVED WITH NO
INTERVIEW AND NO HAVING
TO TRANSCRIBE HIS SHOT RECORDS! 4/18!(WASN'T NOTIFIED TILL 4/19)

Applied for lifting of conditions 02/27/2013
NOA1 March 4
BIO April 2

RFE received 07/25

Returned RFE recieved 08/19

NOW WAITING WITH BAITED BREATH

APPROVED 9/9/2013

You need to take a deep breath and relax there. Exciting isnt it when you she movement with your AOS. And yes them cashing your checks is excellent. They have accepted your AOS application. If things run to course then here in about a week you will receive your NOA. (Notice of Action) DO NOT LOSE THAT. Then depending on many factors including luck they will send out the biometrics appointment. Just check the the USICS web site and it will keep you updated. Wishing you luck in your journey!

And if you update your time line it makes it far easier for folks to help you out because they will know where you are at. Also you can check stats on here to give you a idea about how things are running at the USICS.

You can stand me at the gates of hell, but I wont back down.
AOS Filed 02/01 however used wrong forms
refiled 2/22
NOA 3/1
BIO 3/18
Transfer 3/14
Touched 3/18
AP Approved 4/14(WASN'T UPDATED ON SIGHT OR TEXED TILL 4/18)
EAD Approved 4/14(WASN'T UPDATED ON SIGHT OR TEXED TILL 4/18)
GREEN CARD APPROVED WITH NO
INTERVIEW AND NO HAVING
TO TRANSCRIBE HIS SHOT RECORDS! 4/18!(WASN'T NOTIFIED TILL 4/19)

Applied for lifting of conditions 02/27/2013
NOA1 March 4
BIO April 2

RFE received 07/25

Returned RFE recieved 08/19

NOW WAITING WITH BAITED BREATH

APPROVED 9/9/2013

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You can expect biometrics in about a month.

Biometrics is not an exam.

It is electronic finger print scans, a digital photo taken of you and you fill out a small form with personal information including your case number.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

sorry. i should have added, i DID receive notice of acceptance. it came in about 3 days, they received my appliation on about tuesday and i received the notice this past friday. my wife checked her account on saturday (yesterday) and they said both checks had been cashed (985 and 85. i think it had been cashed on friday but i am unsure exactly when.)

ok. thank you for the information, i greatly appreciate it.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
sorry. i should have added, i DID receive notice of acceptance. it came in about 3 days, they received my appliation on about tuesday and i received the notice this past friday. my wife checked her account on saturday (yesterday) and they said both checks had been cashed (985 and 85. i think it had been cashed on friday but i am unsure exactly when.)

ok. thank you for the information, i greatly appreciate it.

What visa are you AOSing from?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

i have had an A-2 visa which, i am assuming i am out of status because my father (principal) no longer has A-2 visa status and he is currently a USC.

to answer your question, its A-2

Then you posted in the wrong forum. Yes, it's a family based adjustment of status, but you're not adjusting after entering with a family based visa. This forum is pretty much focused on people adjusting after entering with a K1 or K3, which are pretty much the only type of family based visas that require adjusting status after entering the US. The AOS process for K1 and K3 is a little different than the AOS process for people who entered with a different type of visa.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

who can i contact to move this thread to the appropriate forum?

and can you link me to the appropriate forum? i am a bit lost with all the different forums i thought this was a general AOS forum

anyway, today i check my mail and i have received my biometrics appointment. it is scheduled for May 17 at 8am.

so i am excited right now, i think this is a good sign.

Edited by coltrane2011

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.