spookyturtle

What do you know about the illegal immigrant community in your area?

243 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mongolia
Timeline

How do you determine that someone is present is present in the US without authorization simply by looking at them? I do not have those particular skills and without them I am at a loss to understand how one can honestly answer the questions posed. Making wild accusations based on ethnicity is not my bag even if it is yours.

The question posed asked for no assumptions but for knowledge. It made no accusations based on ethnicity, race or color. If you have knowledge to share then please do so otherwise please refrain from attacks on other posters and the premise of the OP's post. If you have knowledge that pertains to the question, please share. If not, why bother posting?

th_Untitled-3.jpg?t=1294114030

03/2008--Met while working together in Mongolia
06/21/10--Married in Ulaanbaatar on the Summer solstice
USCIS
09/06/10--I-130 package mailed to USCIS Chicago Lockbox
12/14/10--NOA2 hardcopy rec'd, Dec 09 notice date<APPROVED>86 Days
NVC
12/22/10-NVC / IIN Number issued, AOS bill paid
12/26/10-DS-3032 emailed
January4............IV bill paid, discovered error by preparer
USCIS ROUND 2
01/04/11-- I-130 package for stepson sent express with expedite plea
01/11/11---Congressional expedite plea lodged with USCIS
01/20/11--- Notice date, APPROVED 14 days
NVC ROUND 2
01/26/11--- NVC/IIN Numbers issued, DS-3032 Emailed
02/07/11--- AOS/IV packages fedexed to NVC
02/24/11--- Both Cases Completed at NVC
CONSULAR
04/27/11--- Interview passed
05/29/11--- POE ORD
08/2011--- I-551s arrive

heart.gif NEW YEAR'S EVE 2011, WE WELCOME OUR BABY GIRL TO THE FAMILYheart.gif

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

04/18/13--- I-751 mailed

09/25/13---ROC approval

If you were out and about in the local community of your non citizen partner's home country group, depending on where they were from, I can guarantee that your eyes would be opened to what goes on right under our noses. Again, some don't care. I'm merely curious what those who frequent this forum actually know. It has nothing to do with accusing someone based on ethnicity. It is apparent by your comments that you either don't know or don't live in an area where it is prevalent.

I am the non US citizen (well, for now) but I still have no idea whether anyone in the community I live in is here without authorization and unless they came out and announced it (which is not very likely) I would have no way of knowing and why would I ask? Would I ask everyone I met or just those who talk funny? I belong to a gym that is frequented predominantly by those who speak in languages other than English (at a guess Vietnamese and Korean, but I know neither language) should I suspect any or all of these folks of being here without proper papers?

Edited by The Truth™

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

The question posed asked for no assumptions but for knowledge. It made no accusations based on ethnicity, race or color. If you have knowledge to share then please do so otherwise please refrain from attacks on other posters and the premise of the OP's post. If you have knowledge that pertains to the question, please share. If not, why bother posting?

Attacks on other posters? When you are made moderator, I might care about your opinion on whether something I post is an attack, until then, piss off and let those that are do that job.

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

I am the non US citizen (well, for now) but I still have no idea whether anyone in the community I live in is here without authorization and unless they came out and announced it (which is not very likely) I would have no way of knowing and why would I ask? Would I ask everyone I met or just those who talk funny? I belong to a gym that is frequented predominantly by those who speak in languages other than English (at a guess Vietnamese and Korean, but I know neither language) should I suspect any or all of these folks of being here without proper papers?

Some of it would obviously depend what country you are from. If you interacted in the that community you wouldn't need to ask anyone anything. I hear all kinds of things that I shouldn't hear or people shouldn't tell me. You don't have the interaction to understand what I am talking about. You have answered my original question based upon your experience and knowledge and I thank you for your input.

I am quite interested in what everyone has to say about this and how much they know about the underground, how the illegals get SS#, DL, etc, etc.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Well you are quite right that I do not get told immigration 'secrets' nor do I belong to an expats community so I do not have access to such obviously fascinating information that you are privy to. ;)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mongolia
Timeline

Attacks on other posters? When you are made moderator, I might care about your opinion on whether something I post is an attack, until then, piss off and let those that are do that job.

Good advice

th_Untitled-3.jpg?t=1294114030

03/2008--Met while working together in Mongolia
06/21/10--Married in Ulaanbaatar on the Summer solstice
USCIS
09/06/10--I-130 package mailed to USCIS Chicago Lockbox
12/14/10--NOA2 hardcopy rec'd, Dec 09 notice date<APPROVED>86 Days
NVC
12/22/10-NVC / IIN Number issued, AOS bill paid
12/26/10-DS-3032 emailed
January4............IV bill paid, discovered error by preparer
USCIS ROUND 2
01/04/11-- I-130 package for stepson sent express with expedite plea
01/11/11---Congressional expedite plea lodged with USCIS
01/20/11--- Notice date, APPROVED 14 days
NVC ROUND 2
01/26/11--- NVC/IIN Numbers issued, DS-3032 Emailed
02/07/11--- AOS/IV packages fedexed to NVC
02/24/11--- Both Cases Completed at NVC
CONSULAR
04/27/11--- Interview passed
05/29/11--- POE ORD
08/2011--- I-551s arrive

heart.gif NEW YEAR'S EVE 2011, WE WELCOME OUR BABY GIRL TO THE FAMILYheart.gif

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

04/18/13--- I-751 mailed

09/25/13---ROC approval

Filed: Other Timeline

I live in Southern California for almost 20 years now, but here illegal immigrants have no specific marks, meaning I can't identify them. In Nazi Germany, Jews had to wear a yellow Star of David which gave their identity away, but there is no such provision for illegal immigrants, not in California, and, at least not to my knowledge, anywhere in the USA.

I could ask people "are you an illegal immigrant," but first of all they do not need to answer, secondly, how would I know that they are telling the truth? The problem with undocumented immigrants is that no documentation exists about their non documentation.

A cop is not allowed to inquire about anybody's immigration or citizenship status, neither is a sheriff or deputy. We have many US citizens and Green Card holders who are of Hispanic heritage, so that would be a shot in the dark as well.

So how are you guys identifying illegal immigrants, I wonder?

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I'm not sure why this ball is so hard to hit by some of the posters?

The question is simple "DO you know of", if your life is such that you have no personal knowledge.... then this thread aint for you to post in.

If In fact you "know of " Illegals and how they operate in this country... post.

I think Illegals in NC have been dealt two big blows.

1- The Obama Economy never brought back jobs in construction.

2. The DMV changed the law, actual documents are required to get a license.

Their numbers have been dropping steadily. Many of the business that cater to them have closed as well.

I know of a guy who overstayed a visa, he bought a SS card for like 1500 in GA, now he is married to a USC, I can't say what his motives are though I do know she is no prize.

:P

My wife talks with a number of them from her school, she is amazed at what they tell her. None seem to like Americans or much about America, except the opportunity to make money.

Oddly enough the USC teacher usually starts these "America/ Americans Suck" mid-class conversations.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Thanks for the kind, christian words and consideration of others. :wow:

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Thanks for the kind, christian words and consideration of others. :wow:

Actually those are Atheist inspired words.

MC has no faith..... well other than Big Gov.

:lol:

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

I'm not sure why this ball is so hard to hit by some of the posters?

The question is simple "DO you know of", if your life is such that you have no personal knowledge.... then this thread aint for you to post in.

If In fact you "know of " Illegals and how they operate in this country... post.

I think Illegals in NC have been dealt two big blows.

1- The Obama Economy never brought back jobs in construction.

2. The DMV changed the law, actual documents are required to get a license.

Their numbers have been dropping steadily. Many of the business that cater to them have closed as well.

I know of a guy who overstayed a visa, he bought a SS card for like 1500 in GA, now he is married to a USC, I can't say what his motives are though I do know she is no prize.

:P

My wife talks with a number of them from her school, she is amazed at what they tell her. None seem to like Americans or much about America, except the opportunity to make money.

Oddly enough the USC teacher usually starts these "America/ Americans Suck" mid-class conversations.

I've heard that here in MA a real DL goes anywhere from $3000-5000. For those that might not understand, this is an actual license issued by the DMV by an employee on the take.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

I heard (fifth-hand) that someone from South America paid a coyote $13,000 to be sneaked across at the Arizona border.

In Nueva York... er, NYC, there is apparently an entire Ecuadorian community, complete with authentic restaurants and shops, in a neighborhood that's composed of a mixture of legals and illegals. Without investigating each individual, it would be hard to tell who is who (whom?). Nobody there speaks (or, at least, has to speak) any English ever, apparently.

A few months ago, a (legal) Hispanic caller to a popular radio talk-show here made the point that the "protesters on behalf of illegal immigrants" are almost certainly legal themselves, because the illegals are out working to make a living.

I keep kidding Mrs. T-B. that the next time we visit one of our favorite Mexican restaurants, I'll shout "INMIGRACION!" ("immigration!") and see how many employees and customers scatter in a panic. She said, "And afterwards, they'll cut your throat," si man.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

I've also heard from someone who paid a coyote $13,000 to come here from SA thru Mexico. Also a few others a while back that paid between 8-10K. Again, keep in mind that there is someone on the US side of things getting some of that money too. A few in this area have also come in by boat. Not to mention those that have made it across in a car getting waived thru at a checkpoint.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015