51 posts in this topic

I Totally agree with what you said. We don't know what to expect. But let's always be positive and think the best way it could be. Thinking that everything is gonna be alright and also that time flies. When you love all this waiting is worth it. Just keeping positive thoughts.

Because if you have negative thoughts just will make your process even harder, and make you upset and sad for all this months. Be positive, patient and communicate a lot with your love is the key for this process.

Good luck for all of us in this journey!!! =)

First they make two law abiding, tax paying citizens who just want to be together wait six to eight months. Then they threaten to not allow the two people to be together, if there is the slightest documentation error or other such tiny mistake. How many lives have they ruined anyway? But of course illegal aliens are welcomed with open arms if they'll just vote for the crook politicians running this Circus. That could only come from our cold as ice heartless Government bureaucrats who don't give a flying Rat's #### about anyone.

Its sad that those of us that pay and try to do it the legal way suffer while others just come in and can live problem free. USCIS is broken , they look over every thing with a fine tooth comb and just put you off constantly, I guess anything to discriminate against you.

The gov should pass a law forcing them to make a decision on every case in less than 6 months . What could possibly take years to figure out? Its has to be some kind of joke. They say background checks, But i doubt someone is at a computer checking eveyday for almost 2 years

07-24-2009 Received NOA1
08-05-2009 Touched
10-02-2009 I-797C for Biometrics Appt
10-26-2009 Biometrics Appt. Completed
05-11-2010 Request for Evidence on both the I129F and I130
07-01-2010 Case Transferred to Vermont Service Center
10-20-2011 Contacted Ombudsman
02-07-2012 Case denied after almost 3 years =(
03-07-2012 Appeal Filed!
01-20-2013 Contacted Ombudsman again...

06-25-2013 EOIR Appeal Review

Visit my blog at http://goo.gl/ON4wG/

atckcgod5n.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Thumbs up :thumbs: I agree 1000%. It's not even necessary to build walls or fences with Mexico..doctors should be allowed to report illegals as soon as they show up in a hospital and stupid Arizona should stop giving Driving licenses like If they were candies. Let's cut the politically correct Bullshit on this..in New Jersey I can't even count anymore how many have an Arizona driving license. It pisses me off to unbelievable levels. Let's not even mention all the thousands of scammers in the K-1 and CR-1 applications that only accomplished to ruin the life of their US fiancè/e or spouse and made the process way more slow and difficult for the honest couples.

That's strange - I had to provide lots of proof of being here legally to get a driver's license in AZ. Even just to get a State ID when I first arrived, they took copies of my visa, I-94 and took my SSN, then the ID was only valid until my I-94 date.

Shawn is the Yank, Emi is the Brit.

Late 2000 - We met online

01/04/09 - We became a couple :)

02/27/09 - We met in person for the first time!

09/05/09 - Shawn proposed in London! :)

K-1 Visa Process:

02/05/10 - Petition mailed to CSC

03/31/10 - Petition approved!! Yay!! :)

06/15/10 - Medical in London

08/10/10 - INTERVIEW - VISA APPROVED!

09/03/10 - POE: Philadelphia

10/15/10 - Our Beautiful Wedding!

AOS Process:

11/15/10 - AOS package mailed

12/14/10 - Biometrics

02/10/11 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!

02/19/11 - Green card received!

Thumbs up :thumbs: I agree 1000%. It's not even necessary to build walls or fences with Mexico..doctors should be allowed to report illegals as soon as they show up in a hospital and stupid Arizona should stop giving Driving licenses like If they were candies. Let's cut the politically correct Bullshit on this..in New Jersey I can't even count anymore how many have an Arizona driving license. It pisses me off to unbelievable levels. Let's not even mention all the thousands of scammers in the K-1 and CR-1 applications that only accomplished to ruin the life of their US fiancè/e or spouse and made the process way more slow and difficult for the honest couples.

:thumbs: :thumbs:

10/01/2010: Engaged
10/29/2010: I-129f sent UPS to TX
11/02/2010: I-129f delivered to TX service center @ 12:13 PM
11/08/2010: Check to Homeland Security cleared
11/13/2010: NOA1 received

04/26/2011: NOA2 received

06/07/2011: Interview date

06/09/2011: Visa received

06/18/2011: US entry

06/25/2011: Marriage

07/28/2011: Employment Authorization Document filed

10/03/2011: EAD approved

10/06/2011: EAD received

09/30/2012: Matthew Jacob born!

08/27/2013: I-751 sent FedEx to Vermont

01/11/2014: New green card received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

No one is keeping you from your fiance.

Yes the government controls who I can and can not marry. What option do I have? Quit my job and move overseas to start my family? That is the only alternative option, right? Sure I can marry overseas, but when i am ready to come back do not i need to fill out the same evil I-129 and wait another 6 month to bring my wife home? And then I have to send in my w2 to say that I have enough money to provide for my family? But I wont be working, so what will I show?

Do not you see the irony here? I could not marry my fiancee who was here on tourist visa and let her stay here. i was told, my fiancee has to go back and wait. Also marriage while on tourist visa is NO-NO. Why? Why the government tells me what I should and should NOT do? What freedom are we talking about?

Finally I spoke with few folks who got RFEs. Since when I need to prove that I saw my fiancee in the last 2 years. What if i have no money to travel? What governement got to do with who I see and when? Or this one, my favorite. Copy of the divorce decree... Since when I have to prove that I am eligible to get married. What if i do not want to share who I was married to and for how long?

i am really surprised that people still want to come to the us.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Thanks Shawn & Emi.

Thanks canadian_wife.

Thanks Ironman140.

Thumbs up Max1gk :-)

Thanks for all of your support. I sincerely do appreciate it.

I had a rough start. The first Immigration Attorney I used ended being a total scam artist. He wasted two months of my time and I was lucky, because for most people that he has scammed he wasted one to two years of their life.

He has been disbarred from being able to practice law.

I was charged $1,200 twice ($2,400) + ($495 deposit) = $2,895

That is how I discovered his scam early. I emailed him about it and he said that I owed him $2,895.00 more.

It was a tough battle to even get my credit card companies to side with me and return my money. Still I lost my deposit of $495.00

I would advise anyone considering using an Immigration Attorney to say away from this guy. Here is more info on him:

Complaints Board complaints againts Tod Schlosser (RHC visa services): http://bit.ly/ieeN4v

Based on BBB files, L Tod Schlosser & Assoc Ltd has a BBB Rating of F on a scale from A+ to F: http://bit.ly/fDgOAT

Schlosser is also no longer registered to practice law in Illinois, as shown on the IARDC website: http://bit.ly/hDtxdb

Here is a link to the list of complaints against Schlosser pending with the Illinois Attorney Registration and Disciplinary Commission. The complaints are all for “Neglect and failure to promptly refund unearned fee”: http://bit.ly/hyegyB

The “Contract Issue” complaint is displayed as “Unpursuable” because “Company cannot be located.” http://bit.ly/fDgOAT

Take care,

notmuch88tosay

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

It a shame I was once scammed by a lawyer .. Pressed charges against him. Filed suit against him, Only to find out I had a long line of others ahead of me.. The worse part I discovered was lawyers are not required to have malpractice insurance .. But they go after doctors who must have it .. Or go to jail

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

First they make two law abiding, tax paying citizens who just want to be together wait six to eight months. Then they threaten to not allow the two people to be together, if there is the slightest documentation error or other such tiny mistake. How many lives have they ruined anyway? But of course illegal aliens are welcomed with open arms if they'll just vote for the crook politicians running this Circus. That could only come from our cold as ice heartless Government bureaucrats who don't give a flying Rat's #### about anyone.

Everything is going well.

I think illegal people can´t vote.

May God be with you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Yes the government controls who I can and can not marry. What option do I have? Quit my job and move overseas to start my family? That is the only alternative option, right? Sure I can marry overseas, but when i am ready to come back do not i need to fill out the same evil I-129 and wait another 6 month to bring my wife home? And then I have to send in my w2 to say that I have enough money to provide for my family? But I wont be working, so what will I show?

Do not you see the irony here? I could not marry my fiancee who was here on tourist visa and let her stay here. i was told, my fiancee has to go back and wait. Also marriage while on tourist visa is NO-NO. Why? Why the government tells me what I should and should NOT do? What freedom are we talking about?

Finally I spoke with few folks who got RFEs. Since when I need to prove that I saw my fiancee in the last 2 years. What if i have no money to travel? What governement got to do with who I see and when? Or this one, my favorite. Copy of the divorce decree... Since when I have to prove that I am eligible to get married. What if i do not want to share who I was married to and for how long?

i am really surprised that people still want to come to the us.

Look into what it takes to get married in Russia. You'll need more than a divorce decree. You'll need a certificate of no impediment with an apostille stamp from a US embassy, and about two months of free time to deal with the multiple layers of bureaucracy.

After that, look into what it takes to immigrate to Russia. After you've finished your research feel free to come back and tell us how bad the US system is.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Timeline

Hi JimVaPhuong,

Yes, things might be harder in Russia...

So should we model the U.S. after Communist Dictator Countries?

Yes, we can compare the U.S. policies to Dictator regimes and to those who don't give their citizens any rights at all. But then that is setting the bar lower. We should be demanding better from our Government beaurocrats, not

settling for worse.

Yes, I agree, our Government needs to screen who they let into the U.S. But don't you think that sometimes our Government beaurocrats morph into Control Freak mini Dictator Government Gods with enormous egos and act like infuriating ####*holes for no reason? Sometimes.

They will treat us like bugs if we let them.

notmuch88tosay

Timeline

Hi JimVaPhuong,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, you're right. I knew that Government bureaucrats and politicians won't ever change. I was just venting. I can want things to be different while knowing they never will be, right? It's not a sense of entitlement I have. It is standing up for our God given rights. Rights that some Government bureaucrats and politicians are certain we don't have and never intend to give us.

But I have given the bureaucrats everything they've asked for and more, in regards to the Fiancee Visa. And I will kiss their butts if they need me to. Things in this world are not perfect. People are not perfect. It's no use to try to change things. But I am still happy in my life.

One person cannot change anything. But sometimes millions of protesters or voters who stand up for their God given rights can. But that is not where my focus is. And that is not how I plan to spend my time. I was just venting. I guess venting is useless also.

You make good points. Thanks for the info and for your point of view.

Take care,

notmuch88tosay

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.