honeylove

RFE...will we? if so, when?

17 posts in this topic

Hi everyone. I need help. I am from the Philippines. My boyfriend filed for a K-1 Visa last January 18, 2011. And we already received the NOA-1. We failed to send some of our documents to prove our ongoing relationship. Its been 3 months now, what actions that we need to do? When will we expect for the RFE? Do we need to send another application?

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

just wait for their noticed if they want somthing from you....im a dec filer and we got rfe today!still gathering for docs that proves that we met last 2 yrs,and letter of intent.and the divorced papers that as sent was incomplete.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone. I need help. I am from the Philippines. My boyfriend filed for a K-1 Visa last January 18, 2011. And we already received the NOA-1. We failed to send some of our documents to prove our ongoing relationship. Its been 3 months now, what actions that we need to do? When will we expect for the RFE? Do we need to send another application?

What proof of relationship did your fiancé submit together with the I-129F?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8066925138937638623#
Angels Still Don't Play This HAARP

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

do not send another application,wait and see if you are sent a RFE see what they are asking for,gather all your documents of on going relationship,or what ever if you get the rfe follow the instructions on the rfe letter ATT;and be sure to make extra copies you sent, if you want to call the 1-800-375-5283 ask about your case maybe they can tell you, ask for a tier-2 person do not say any thing about a RFE, let him tell you, good luck.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I am still very new to the process but I read up a lot on these forums, but I am sure if I am telling you something inaccurate someone will correct me.

From my understanding of the process you do not have to include evidence of an ongoing relationship with the I-129F. You only need to provide proof of having met in person. The proof of an ongoing relationship will need to be presented during the interview.

I believe some people have suggested including it in the packet so the consulate could have time to review it before the interview date. But I am almost certain it is not needed in the packet to receive your noa 2.

Met online - 12/2008

Met in Person 1st Time - 2/2009

Engaged - 12/2009

Filed I-129F - 3/27/11

Received Electronic NOA 1 - 4/7/11

NOA 2 - 6/29/11 (83 days from NOA 1)

RFE 8/15/11 (Needed proof that Fiancee is in Canada legally, Philippine citizen)

Packet 3 - 9/6/11

Packet 4 - Never Received

Interview 12/1/11

From my understanding of the process you do not have to include evidence of an ongoing relationship with the I-129F. You only need to provide proof of having met in person. The proof of an ongoing relationship will need to be presented during the interview.

I believe some people have suggested including it in the packet so the consulate could have time to review it before the interview date. But I am almost certain it is not needed in the packet to receive your noa 2.

That's right. Proof of ongoing relationship isn't required by USCIS - they only require proof that you have physically met in the last 2 years. Sending additional documentation to prove an ongoing relationship is called "frontloading" - sometimes suggested for certain consulates, but not necessary for most.

For the USCIS phase of your petition - all you need to worry about is having sent copies of things like passport stamps and boarding passes. If you didn't - wait for an RFE. Sending more without the RFE letter likely won't find itself to your original submission.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Has anyone had success updating their file before receiving an RFE? I heard you can send whatever you want, but as someone has already mentioned, it's anyone's guess whether it finds its way to your file.

Edited by turveydrop

just wait for their noticed if they want somthing from you....im a dec filer and we got rfe today!still gathering for docs that proves that we met last 2 yrs,and letter of intent.and the divorced papers that as sent was incomplete.

Thank you.. The problem we have is that, what we sent is only the payment, 129-F form, and how we met. Can we expect RFE? When can we expect it? Until when is it safe to wait for it?

What proof of relationship did your fiancé submit together with the I-129F?

We only sent the How we met part....

I am still very new to the process but I read up a lot on these forums, but I am sure if I am telling you something inaccurate someone will correct me.

The problem we have is the only document we sent is the how we met. So we are expecting RFE? Thank you

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

well, you are in the Texas service center which means you are probably relayed to CSC now. This is good, probably in another month (4 to 6 weeks) you can expect approval or RFE. Do nothing to your case file. Let it run. the RFE places you in a special stack. You have 12 weeks to answer. As soon as you answer, they process your case file IMMEDIATELY. either with another RFE, denial, or APPROVAL :) Do everything you can to meet the RFE quickly with just what is asked for nothing more. Best of luck.

K-1 Visa Timeline:

02/11/2011 - Engaged at her house by her Godmother.

02/18/2011 - Engagement party with relatives - propose in Visayan.

02/24/2011 - K-1 packet sent.

09/18/2011 - POE, Viva Las Vegas, Baby !!!!! Home to Phoenix.

12/10/2011 - Official Wedding

07/05/2012 - Princess Rose born.

07/07/2012 - AP/EAD received.

07/17/2012 - AOS passed. (Birthday for Mama Rayos)

event.png

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

.... My boyfriend .....

Start practicing "My fiance".

:reading:

3.gif

"The perfection/respect/credibility of a man decreases by the number of marriages he has had and by the number of kids he has outside his current marriage. ", Quote by Bite YourDust
  • Met on yahoo chat through a friend.
  • April 2010 - Decided to meet in person
  • 06.01.2010 - She flew from Dubai to Philippines for vacationing
  • 06.21.2010 - We met in Philippines
  • 06.24.2010 - Engaged
  • 06.28.2010 - Came back to USA
  • 07.05.2010 - She flew back to Dubai (work)
  • 08.02.2010 - Mailed I129F to VSC
  • 08.03.2010 - Delivered to VSC. Signed by D RENAUD.
  • 08.09.2010 - Check cashed
  • 08.14.2010 - NOA1 (Dated 08/06/2010)!!!!!!!!
  • 08.19.2010 - Touched!
  • 08.27.2010 - Received snail mail that typographical error was fixed.
  • 10.03.2010 - Touched!
  • 11.21.2010 - Visited her for a week in Dubai!
  • 02.14.2011 - NOA2 Approved on St. Valentine day!!!!!!!
  • 02.17.2011 - Packet left from NVC to ABU DHABI (Dubai)
  • 02.19.2011 - NOA2 hard copy received
  • 02.22.2011 - Packet reached ABU DHABI's consulate
  • 03.02.2011 - packet 3 & 4 received by email
  • 03.02.2011 - Confirmation of Interview on 04.14.2011 -
  • 03.07.2011 - Fiancee passed medical exam.
  • 04.14.2011 - K1-Visa Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 04.21.2011 - Picked up Visa !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is correct, strictly speaking. For high-fraud countries, however, most people "front-load" their petitions so that the consulate will get lots of proof and have time to review it prior to the interview. It is hard to look at many of documents in a short interview, and for high-fraud countries, they need to see lots of things. For low-fraud countries, like Canada, it is probably not necessary.

OP - Yes, they will send you an RFE.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Just wait for your RFE. If you are sent one, it will list everything that you need to send so you do not have to guess what is needed. They may be asking for more than you're aware of.... Make sure you have pictures of you and your fiance together. You can send copies of hotel receipts, plane ticket receipts, passport stamps, emails, and phone records. Facebook messages are also valid. Chat or Skype logs are unfortunately not accepted.

At my fiances interview they actually pulled out the photos and looked at them.

It may take the entire 5 months for you to get an RFE. I filed July 2010 and didn't hear anything for 5 months. I called and submitted an expedited request when my 5 months was up, and that is when they sent me an RFE requesting a copy of my passport. I sent and they received it a week later. I called and submitted another expedited request, and they forwarded my petition to Vermont, where it was processed a week later.

Best wishes!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Do nothing. N proof of ongoing realtionship is needed for the petition. NONE. You will not get an RFE for proof of relationship.

3 months is nothing, you have another 2-3 months to wait.

You also need a "fiance", there are no visas for girlfriends or boyfriends.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

This is correct, strictly speaking. For high-fraud countries, however, most people "front-load" their petitions so that the consulate will get lots of proof and have time to review it prior to the interview. It is hard to look at many of documents in a short interview, and for high-fraud countries, they need to see lots of things. For low-fraud countries, like Canada, it is probably not necessary.

OP - Yes, they will send you an RFE.

Strictly speaking, they do not need any for the petition. Period.

She will not get an RFE for proof of realtionship. She may get one for something else, who knows, but all you have to do for the petition is prove you havce met in person at least one time.

Thank you.. The problem we have is that, what we sent is only the payment, 129-F form, and how we met. Can we expect RFE? When can we expect it? Until when is it safe to wait for it?

We only sent the How we met part....

The problem we have is the only document we sent is the how we met. So we are expecting RFE? Thank you

You are fine. That is all you have to send.

That's right. Proof of ongoing relationship isn't required by USCIS - they only require proof that you have physically met in the last 2 years. Sending additional documentation to prove an ongoing relationship is called "frontloading" - sometimes suggested for certain consulates, but not necessary for most.

For the USCIS phase of your petition - all you need to worry about is having sent copies of things like passport stamps and boarding passes. If you didn't - wait for an RFE. Sending more without the RFE letter likely won't find itself to your original submission.

:thumbs:

You may be new...but you know how to read. You are correct

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Just wait for your RFE. If you are sent one, it will list everything that you need to send so you do not have to guess what is needed. They may be asking for more than you're aware of.... Make sure you have pictures of you and your fiance together. You can send copies of hotel receipts, plane ticket receipts, passport stamps, emails, and phone records. Facebook messages are also valid. Chat or Skype logs are unfortunately not accepted.

At my fiances interview they actually pulled out the photos and looked at them.

It may take the entire 5 months for you to get an RFE. I filed July 2010 and didn't hear anything for 5 months. I called and submitted an expedited request when my 5 months was up, and that is when they sent me an RFE requesting a copy of my passport. I sent and they received it a week later. I called and submitted another expedited request, and they forwarded my petition to Vermont, where it was processed a week later.

Best wishes!!!

HI!!! "I called and submitted an expedited request when my 5 months was up, and that is when they sent me an RFE requesting a copy of my passport. I sent and they received it a week later. I called and submitted another expedited request, and they forwarded my petition to Vermont, where it was processed a week later. " What do you mean you sent an expedited request? requesting for what? Tnx...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.