waitwaitwait

Government Shutdown?

175 posts in this topic

I am confident that the shutdown will be avoided or very short lived. The shutdown's in 95/96 were forced through by the republicans the same could be viewed here that the republicans are trying to force this through. Clinton won his next term easily and much of this was put down to the shutdowns enforced by the republicans greatly affecting peoples everyday lives. The republicans will be keen to avoid becoming so unpopular again and gifting Obama another term that I think a compromise will be reached.

If it is not, it WILL effect nearly everyone's process. NVC and consulates will barely operate and whilts the service centres may be mostly funded by your fees they still have to send everything to NVC creating a big backlog. BBC says last shutdown of 26 days caused delay of 30'000 visa applications per day!

Silence is golden, but Duck tape is silver.

To everyone who's freaking out -- don't. There are things in life you can't control, and this is one of them. If it happens, it happens.

No one gets an easy ride on the road to immigration, there are hard paths and harder paths. Just breathe.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I am confident that the shutdown will be avoided or very short lived. The shutdown's in 95/96 were forced through by the republicans the same could be viewed here that the republicans are trying to force this through. Clinton won his next term easily and much of this was put down to the shutdowns enforced by the republicans greatly affecting peoples everyday lives. The republicans will be keen to avoid becoming so unpopular again and gifting Obama another term that I think a compromise will be reached.

If it is not, it WILL effect nearly everyone's process. NVC and consulates will barely operate and whilts the service centres may be mostly funded by your fees they still have to send everything to NVC creating a big backlog. BBC says last shutdown of 26 days caused delay of 30'000 visa applications per day!

this is such ignorant drivel it's not even funny.

It takes two to tango. The Republicans job right now is to pass a budget. If they pass a budget and Obama vetoes it, then it's on Obama.

Also if you understand anything correctly, the Democrats were supposed to pass the damn budget before they left office. So if anything, you can blame them for your issues here.

Of course, let's ignore the facts and ignore the way a budget is passed.

Damn.

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

this is such ignorant drivel it's not even funny.

It takes two to tango. The Republicans job right now is to pass a budget. If they pass a budget and Obama vetoes it, then it's on Obama.

Also if you understand anything correctly, the Democrats were supposed to pass the damn budget before they left office. So if anything, you can blame them for your issues here.

Of course, let's ignore the facts and ignore the way a budget is passed.

Damn.

[/quot

DO NOT ASSUME THAT THIS IS MY VIEW! This is currently how much of the media is covering the situation. Let's not kid ourselves and think that politics has anything to do with facts.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-12571718

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

DO NOT ASSUME THAT THIS IS MY VIEW! This is currently how much of the media is covering the situation. Let's not kid ourselves and think that politics has anything to do with facts.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-12571718

It's you're view when you took ownership of it as you did in your previous post.

As I said, it takes two to tango. This isn't the first time this has happened and it won't be the last.

If you want to start pointing fingers though as I stated, all of this was supposed to be settled last fall for two years, but it didn't get taken care of. This 'extension' bs is what they keep playing with.

Yeah, the whole thing is about politics, but it's also about a responsible government at this point too, which is something we are very much lacking in the past couple of decades. Time to clean up. If that means a shut down to get something responsible passed, then so be it. We all know we cannot continue down the same current spending path however.

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mauritius
Timeline

This all would screw my fiance and I over pretty hardcore if there is a shutdown at the end of the week. She has her interview on Monday in Nairobi. She is from Mauritius, so she already has the expenses of her flight and she already did her medical this last Monday. It is already a stressful week and now add this into the mix. Talk about bad timing!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

This is crazy, I hope this blows over soon and doens't last long. I am still waiting on NOA2 from USCIS and hopefully it I will get it soon, but I want to have smooth sailing with NVC and get the heck out of there as soon as possible. Thanks for the update guys!

USCIS Dept (In Progress)

It's you're view when you took ownership of it as you did in your previous post.

As I said, it takes two to tango. This isn't the first time this has happened and it won't be the last.

If you want to start pointing fingers though as I stated, all of this was supposed to be settled last fall for two years, but it didn't get taken care of. This 'extension' bs is what they keep playing with.

Yeah, the whole thing is about politics, but it's also about a responsible government at this point too, which is something we are very much lacking in the past couple of decades. Time to clean up. If that means a shut down to get something responsible passed, then so be it. We all know we cannot continue down the same current spending path however.

I couldn't agree about the need for responsible government more, but the democrats said an agreement of $33bn was made on tuesday. Now that deal has been denied by Mr Boehner. I wasn't there and i'm pretty sure neither were you, so who's telling the truth?

But one thing that is fact.

"Our goal is real clear," Republican House Speaker John Boehner said on Wednesday.

"We're going to fight for the largest spending cuts we can get... because we believe that cutting spending will lead to job creation."

Cutting spending leads to lower consumer confidence and does not create jobs. Ask anyone here in the UK about the effects of cuts which are too large too soon. Cutting is necessary but just aiming for the biggest cuts they can make could lead to a very long and difficult economic recovery.

great, first we were held back almost a month because of a stupid mistake, now this. well some people (in this case thousads and thousands) have bad luck and have to deal with it. what doesnt kill you makes you stronger. thanx god there's skype or many of us would be locked up in mental hospitals already

148280zkcv79ffi3.gifDeeDee & Sam 426064ng1n3ghbqw.gif

766837489_784932.gif

from filling I129F to POE- exactly 6 months

for k1 steps and dates check my timeline
AOS approved took 7 months you can chack my timeline for details

ROC

October 6th- mailed package

as1cJVfNw2k0710MTMybHN8MDQyMTdqc3xXZVwnd

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Its a simple as this, USCIS, we pay a fee, that fee is both statutory and regulatory in nature and is supposed to support the full processing cost of the filling petition. At the Consulate/NVC, we pay an additional application fee for the visa that serves the same process.

There is no reason why these services would need to be shut down because they are self supported by user fees. If they do get shut down I guess that is just one more thing that needs to be added to yours and mine immigration reform issues.

Add it to your letter of complaint. It is a fantasy to beleieve that any money paid to the government in any form of fees or taxes is used what it was obstensibly supposed to be used for.

It is as simple as this. If the government shuts down Friday, USCIS employees at the service centers will not report for work on Monday, unless some emergency spending bill is passed or something changes.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

i was reading at yahoo news. and it seems that applications for Visa's will be affected. . . "national parks and museums would be closed (including the National Mall and the Washington Monument, so you might want to reschedule that family trip to Washington, D.C.). Applications for passports and visas wouldn't be processed. And NASA's preparation for space shuttle flights would be interrupted, pushing back launch dates for some scheduled missions" damn. . .i wonder when it will start, and how long. . .this is also frustrating me. . . :angry:

Wedding Date : May 15, 2008

I130 sent : July 27, 2010

NOA1 Received : August 16, 2010

NOA2 Received : March 11, 2011 (207 days from NOA1)

NVC Journey :

NVC received : March 18, 2011

DS3032 emailed : March 30, 2011

AOS fee received : March 30, 2011

Visa : April 1, 2011

Paid AOS and Visa via Mail : April 4,2011

I864 sent : (by the petitioner) April 13, 2011 (overnight)

DS230 sent : (by me) April 11, 2011 NVC received April 13,2011

AOS RFE :(co-sponsor proof of citizenship) : April 23,2011

RFE sent : April 25, 2011 (overnight)

DS230 RFE : April 26, 2011

RFE sent : April 28, 2011 (via FedEx) NVC received May 2, 2011

SIF : May 13, 2011 (US time) May 14 (here in the Philippines)

Case Close : May 16, 2011

Medical at St. Lukes : May 17, 2011 1st Day

May 19, 2011 Immunization and got the CD xray :)

Interview : July 12, 2011 (6:30 am) yiipppeeeee

INTERVIEW RESULT : APPROVED!!!! :)

VISA ON HAND : July 15, 2011

POE : LAX

[/size][/size][/font][/size][/size][/size][/font][/color]

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline

I'm just wondering what will happen when there's a govenment shutdown. Does it mean more delays & more waiting for us? AAAAHHH frustrating...... already.

There is a quite new 7 page long discussion about this in the politics section...

Service Center: California Service Center

Consulate: Austria

Marriage: 2010-11-19

I-130 Sent : 2010-12-20

I-130 NOA1 : 2011-01-05

I-130 NOA2 : 2011-05-09

Received NVC Case Number on 5/21,

Sent DS-3032 and paid AOS bill on 5/21,

Paid IV Bill on 5/25

Sent both packages on 6/1

Packages arrived 6/6

SIF & CC 6/20

Medical 7/25

Interview 8/9

Received visa 8/16

Flight to the US 10/4 (POE = IAD)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

So I think the one thing we can all agree is going to stop if the government shuts down is all the call centers- USCIS, DOS, etc... so now we're expected to get to london on just a couple days notice based on their recent habit of sending lettters close to the actual date? and what about the people who never recieved their letters? This is assuming the embassy still does interviews during a shutdown of course... perhaps wishful thinking.

POE: 5/17/2011

Wedding: 5/21/2011

AOS Mailed: 6/17/2011

NOA1 6/27/2011

RFE 7/13/2011

EAD approved 8/22/2011 :)

AOS Approved 9/14/2011 :) :) :)

USCIS Free till 2013!!!!!!!!! :)