jamz

k1 filing fee

25 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

This is a shot in the dark...

What does the written part of the check say? e.g. A common mistake when filling out a check is to write the appropriate amount of 340.00; but the written part might say Three Hundred Four Dollars 00/100. It makes a difference. Legally the recipient can only deposit the submitted check for the lowest amount displayed.

Just a shot in the dark.

Edited by damala77

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Juarez, Mexico

I-129F Sent : 2011-02-18

I-129F NOA1 : 2011-02-24

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 :

NVC Received :

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Interview Result :

Second Interview

(If Required):

Second Interview Result:

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Based on timeline data, your I129f may be adjudicated between July 11, 2011 and August 24, 2011*.

The USCIS website shows the current fee for the petition for alien fiancee as being $340; it used to be $455. The $350 fee that is found on the ustraveldocs.com website, and is quoted by another poster above, is actually the visa application fee, which is paid to the embassy/consulate, and not the amount that accompanies the petition.

Have a great evening!

Joe

The USCIS website shows the current fee for the petition for alien fiancee as being $340; it used to be $455. The $350 fee that is found on the ustraveldocs.com website, and is quoted by another poster above, is actually the visa application fee, which is paid to the embassy/consulate, and not the amount that accompanies the petition.

Have a great evening!

Joe

I meant to say "State Department" and not "ustraveldocs.com". :)

Maybe --just saying --when the check was cashed --there was insufficient funds in the account . Just confirm with yr bank .Or as many said before --just call and ask .

-400 CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

01-17-2015 = N-400 packet sent (to P.O. Box Dallas via USPS Priority Mail)
01-21-2015 = N-400 packet delivered
01/25/2015 = E confirmation / Text received

01/26/2015 = Check cashed .

02/02/2015 = NOA1 received (Priority Date 01/21/2015)
02/09/2015 = Biometrics Letter received .

02/18/2015 = Biometrics

02/20/2015 = In line for interview

04/10/2015 = Interview Letter received .

05/11/2015 =Interview .

05/11/2015 = Passed Interview
07/01/2015 = Oath letter received
07/24/2015 = Oath Cerememony

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

the gov don't accept abreveations, us departmentof homeland security, was the check make out property,for the gov they want the check make out right, look at your check book and check

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Sent my package in march 5th. Check for the amount of $340 was cashed and email notification received 3/15. If all fail send a money order or just call to confirm the cost. Good luck!!!

KLbIm4.png

3-5- 2011 - Mailed I-129F to Lockbox in Lewisville, TX

3-10-2011 - Received and processed by USCIS

3-15-2011 - Email received

3-16-2011 - "Touched"

3-18-2011 - Official NOA-1 received in mail

7-05-2011 - NOA-2 received (via email and text)

7-15-2011 - NVC received case; case# assigned

7-18-2011 - Case left NVC

7-21-2011 - Case received by the Jamaican Embassy

7-21-2011 - Sent DS-230 via email;Requested Packet 3 and confirmation of receipt to be sent via email

NEVER GOT PACKET 3

8-08-2011 - Interview date

8-08-2011 - APPROVED W/BLUESLIP (MEDICAL INCOMPLETE)

8-29-2011 - Completed medical: sent email to Embassy requesting date to drop off medical

9-01-2011 - Appt date to drop off medical, passport and DHL fee: received tracking #

9- -2011 - Received passport: time to book the ticket

10-1-2011 - POE: JFK

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

guys help! how much now is the k1 visa filing fee? my fiance sent a check amounting to $340 since it was stated in the i-129F instruction and uscis website but our packaged were returned and they said due to insufficient amount..any info pls??

thanks guys!

Jamz as someone has said on here was it spelled and written wrong. Your fiance needs to look at cheque and make sure it is written properly, sounds like this is just a small mistake. It has to look like this.

Made out to : US Dept of Homeland Security

For: Three hundred and forty dollars in box $340

Signed.

It may just be a simple mistake of mis writing it is all and just needs to be corrected especially if the forty is four .

Divorced !st November 2012.

Married only 2 years 1 month

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I just checked the I-129F instructions.

Do not abbreviate anything except U.S.

Intructions say (and what I wrote on my check):

U.S.Department of Homeland Security $340.00

Three Hundred and Fourty 00/100

Re: I-129F Sign Name

Edited by Blob18

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.