Mont Blanc ...

Yeah they lost my medical woohoo!

14 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: France
Timeline

Hello,

Received a RFE from USCIS as they have lost my medical. It must be in the abyss of files but heck that is a real shame.

Besides taking a new medical, what are the other options? The 1-800 is useless so I am not even gonna think about it. Infopass?

It sucks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Did you use a Civil Surgeon? If so did the CS keep a copy?

01/2006 - Filed k1(1st time)

04/2006 - Interview (1st time) denied

Waited, waited...... no review

06/2009 - Filed k1 (2nd time)

09/2009 - NOA 2 approved

12/2009 - Interview (2nd time) APPROVED! VISA ISSUED

02/2010 - Arrived USA

04/2010 - Married

AOS Timeline

4/19/2010-Sent to Chicago Lockbox

4/26/2010-Received texts and emails 7th day

4/30/2010-Received NOA's(Hardcopies) 11th day

5/3/2010-Received ASC appointment notice(mailed 4/29/2010)14th day

5/7/2010-Walk-in Biometrics done(2 weeks earlier)18th day

5/13/2010-Case transferred to CSC

6/2/2010- Case received/resumed at CSC

6/18,6/22,6/23 AOS touches

6/28/2010- EAD production and touch on AP

6/29/2010-AOS APPROVED

7/2/2010- 2nd update on EAD production and touched on AP....

7/6/2010- Received "Welcome Letter" and AP document

7/12/2010-Received GREEN CARD and EAD

greencard.jpg

Did you submit an I-693?

Do you have a copy of your DS-3025, from the medical in France?

If you completed your medical in France less than 1 year ago, and have the DS-3025 or proof of your immunisation records, locate a Civil Surgeon in your area and explain that you need an I-693 vaccination transcription ONLY completed. Should cost between $50-100 (I paid $75)

If not, contact the office that carried out your medical in France and see if they can help. Some people have had success doing this. Otherwise, it's going to mean doing a new medical and if you don't have proof of your immunisations, repeating your immunisations with a Civil Surgeon here. Usually costs a couple hundred dollars.

Timeline Summary:

K-1/K-2 NOA1 - POE: 9 February - 9 July 2010

Married: 17 July 2010

AOS mailed - Interview : 22 November 2010 - 10 March 2011

ROC mailed - approved: 14 February - 18 June 2013

Citizenship mailed - ceremony: 9 February - 7 June 2017

VJ K-2 AOS Guide

Timeline

Thanks guys for your inputs!

Here is what the REF says

The authorities where you were admitted or the US Department of State DID NOT FORWARD the medical forms DS2053, DS3024, DS3025 and DS3026 that were completed prior to visa issuance in conjunction with your K1 entry"

The applicant is required to submit a new form I693, Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record

So to me it is (sadly) required to complete everything again. I wish it was only the vaccination record required! But noooooooooooo they really screwed up! I wish I could spend the cost of a Medical Examination towards a lovely dinner with my wife because it is not our fault if they dont have their s;';t together!

Edited by Mont Blanc ...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello,

Received a RFE from USCIS as they have lost my medical. It must be in the abyss of files but heck that is a real shame.

Besides taking a new medical, what are the other options? The 1-800 is useless so I am not even gonna think about it. Infopass?

It sucks

I just got an RFE as well for my medical. I called the 1-800 number, then he FINALLY transferred me to someone higher up. He said that it looked like it had never been sent to them from the port of entry, and said before I call back to call my port of entry and find out when it was sent. Why not say 'we lost it'. Obviously everything is all right or I wouldn't be here! Argh... frustrating!!

Timeline

Bonjour!

I just sent to my State Senator the details with their Privacy Act form so they can give the National Benefit Center a call on my behalf... If it wasnt sent from the POE to the NBC well I will call the POE. But again, heloooooooooooooooo , what were they thinking?

We have until mid April to reply. To back us up we booked a medical for next week but if we could avoid to wast 450 dollars.... Let's see and pray!

It's about time they changed procedures with these, yaknow... How come everything except the medical get forwarded? They don't ever seem to "lose" the rest of your I-129F stuff do they? How's the medical get separated?? Maybe I don't understand what they do at the POE with the brown envelope *shrugs*

Timeline Summary:

K-1/K-2 NOA1 - POE: 9 February - 9 July 2010

Married: 17 July 2010

AOS mailed - Interview : 22 November 2010 - 10 March 2011

ROC mailed - approved: 14 February - 18 June 2013

Citizenship mailed - ceremony: 9 February - 7 June 2017

VJ K-2 AOS Guide

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Sorry to hear about that Mont Blanc! At least you know they've touched your file recently. We've still got no news. :bonk:

I'm the USC petitioner.

Timeline:

10/06/2005 Met in Ireland while I was on a study abroad

03/15/2010 K-1 NOA1

05/27/2010 K-1 NOA2

09/10/2010 K-1 Interview

09/22/2010 POE

10/01/2010 Wedding

10/27/2010 AOS/EAD/AP NOA1s

12/22/2010 EAD/AP Approved

04/05/2011 AOS Approved - no interview

04/09/2011 Green Card received

01/24/2013 ROC NOA1

06/28/2013 ROC Approved - no interview

07/05/2013 10-year Green Card received

08/19/2014 N-400 NOA

12/06/2014 N-400 Interview

01/09/2014 Naturalization ceremony

My husband is now a US Citizen! Our journey is over!

20r8m4.png

WdKPm5.png

8PEOm5.png

Filed: Timeline

Hi I just want to ask in your timeline it says u recieved NOA1 on Nov2 and applied for ssn the same day, what paper works did you show to get the ssn

Our AOS Journey

March 4, 2011 Mailed 1-130 and AOS at the Chicago Lockbox thru USPS express mail

March 07, 2011, 9:44 am Delivered at Chicago Lockbox

March 25, 2011 NOA hard copy received

April 1, 2011 got an RFE for sponsors tax returns

April 15, 2011 biometrics appointment

May 12, 2011 rfe sent via usps priority mail

May 16, 2011 rfe recieved at lees summit

May 19, 2011 text/email notification rfe being reviewed

May 20,2011 I-485 touched/updated

May 27, 2011 Email/txt EAD Card Production

June 1, 2011 Email/txt notification for AOS Interview

June 3, 2011 Email notification EAD Card was mailed

June 7, 2011 EAD Card Received

July 6, 2011 AOS Interview *APPROVED*

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
Hi I just want to ask in your timeline it says u recieved NOA1 on Nov2 and applied for ssn the same day, what paper works did you show to get the ssn

The OP is AOSing from a K visa. You are not. That is why you should read the AOS from Student etc forum (here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/130-adjustment-of-status-from-work-student-tourist-visas/ ) for people in your situation otherwise you'll get confused like this. Someone AOSing from a K1 visa is eligible for a SSN (until their I-94 expires).. you are AOSing from a H4 visa, totally different.

You can get a SSN when you get your EAD or GC.

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

It's about time they changed procedures with these, yaknow... How come everything except the medical get forwarded? They don't ever seem to "lose" the rest of your I-129F stuff do they? How's the medical get separated?? Maybe I don't understand what they do at the POE with the brown envelope *shrugs*

My POE swears they sent the entire package within a week. USCIS says they don't have it. I've emailed Medisys in Montreal (where I did my medical) to see if I can pay for a second set of results; still waiting to hear back from them.

Timeline

Hey everyone!!!

Done with the medical...

Now can we send the RFE with a service against signature or the best we can do is to use 1st Class with the US Postal Service? (The RFE mailing address is a PO BOX!!!).

Thanks,

MBBB

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
Hey everyone!!!

Done with the medical...

Now can we send the RFE with a service against signature or the best we can do is to use 1st Class with the US Postal Service? (The RFE mailing address is a PO BOX!!!)

Send it with delivery confirmation. Signature is useless (they don't check ID, they don't require a regular signature so it could be ANYONE signing for it.. doesn't guarantee the right location... my wedding pictures were signed for when mailed to me.. wasn't me who signed for them... was some 13 y/o kid which I only know because his mum returned to sender explaining and apologising). I sent all mine USPS express post with delivery confirmation.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.