ER Team :)

K1- Which consulate in our case?

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hi everyone!

We're still waiting for our NOA2...but were wondering if anyone knows how the NVC decides on the consulate?

I'm the foreign fiancee, I was born in Poland and I am a Polish citizen. However I live and work in Dublin,Ireland. I'm a resident here, it's my Irish address on our I-129F...I pay taxes here, and have my bank account here...in other words - my whole life is here...although have only lived here since October...but still... our lawyer's answer was 'either' 'or'... Anyone knows the criteria? we didn't manage to find it...

Edited by ER Team :)

You can choose either Ireland or Poland.

California Service Center

Consulate: Vienna, Austria

01/09/2008: Marriage

01/22/2009: I-130 Sent

02/10/2009: I-130 NOA1

02/12/2009: I-129 Sent

03/03/2009: I-129 NOA1

03/16/2009: I-130 NOA2 I-129 NOA2

NVC Journey CR-1

04/03/2009: NVC Received and Case number assigned

04/06/2009: IV bill/AOS Fee bill generated (for son)

04/06/2009: Pay I-864 Fee Bill online (for son)Paid I-864 Fee Bill online (for son)

04/07/2009: IV bill/AOS Fee bill (for son) status shows paid

04/08/2009: IV bill/AOS Fee bill generated (for me) Pay I-864 Fee Bill online (for me)

04/09/2009: IV bill/AOS Fee bill (for me) status shows paid

04/09/2009: Received I-864/DS-230 package

04/28/2009: Send completed I-864 package Send completed DS-230 package

05/18/2009: Package entered into system

05/27/2009: AVR says RFE sent by email

06/02/2009: Received RFE by email Sent RFE DHL

06/08/2009: NVC received RFE

06/10/2009: RFE entered into AVR

06/19/2009: Case Completed at NVC

07/08/2009: NVC Left

Embassy Journey CR-1

07/12/2009: Received by embassy

08/24/2009: Medical

08/25/2009: Interview Date

08/26/2009: Visa in hand

09/14/2009: POE Boston Harbour

01/18/2011: I-751 sent to CSC

01/24/2011: NOA1

03/04/2011: Biometrics

Timeline

You can choose either Ireland or Poland.

How do I do that? Will they give me an option? Or by saying you mean ' I can apply for changing it to the one I want' - which I'd rather not do, since it will prolong the whole proccess...isn't that right?

You should have answered on the I-129F the question regarding which consulate you wanted, question #20.

Edited by amykathleen2005

England.gif England!

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times

It's you, it's you, You make me sing.

You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.

b0cb1a39c4.png

ROC Timeline

Sent: 7/21/12

NOA1: 7/23/12

Touch: 7/24/2012

Biometrics: 8/24/2012

Card Production Ordered: 3/6/2013

*Eligible for Naturalization: October 13, 2013*

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

[quote name=ER Team :)' timestamp='1299358439' post='4521386]

Hi everyone!

We're still waiting for our NOA2...but were wondering if anyone knows how the NVC decides on the consulate?

I'm the foreign fiancee, I was born in Poland and I am a Polish citizen. However I live and work in Dublin,Ireland. I'm a resident here, it's my Irish address on our I-129F...I pay taxes here, and have my bank account here...in other words - my whole life is here...although have only lived here since October...but still... our lawyer's answer was 'either' 'or'... Anyone knows the criteria? we didn't manage to find it...

Kathleen hit it on the head you would have answered that on the 129f Q20 which country/ consulate

Divorced !st November 2012.

Married only 2 years 1 month

Timeline

Thanks guys! I'm soooo pissed at our lawyer right now....she filled in all those forms and submitted the package, she never asked me or my fiance about our preference...she assumed it was Poland. And recently i asked her which consulate and she said she dosen't know! That it depends on the person going through our case! I starting to think it was her first petition although she pledged she did dozens of them! That's her 4th freakin mistake she made...

Timeline

...I just wrote a nasty email to our lawyer...Anyway....

Dear VJ members,

Does anyone know if we can change it somehow? Is there anything we can do know to have it changed to Dublin? Does anyone ever wanted to change anything on the I-129f while it was being processed? I know you can change address, but how about sth like the consulate?

Thanks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I believe you can have it updated - you could try calling the USCIS.

The most recently I've heard of this was Canada-specific: a lady asked to have her application moved to the Montreal consulate from the Vancouver consulate after the petition went through NVC. I believe she dealt with the consulates directly... ?

April, 2009 - We met

May, 2009 - We wooed

June, 2010 - We got engaged, looking forward to a small August 2010 wedding

** Reality Check: K-1 Process**

July 22, 2010 - NOA1

**5 months of patient waiting**

December 29, 2011 - call around for information about delay

January 5, 2011 - RFE notice (first online status update yet!)

January 10, 2011 - RFE Hardcopy

January 13, 2011 - RFE Response acknowledged

January 24, 2011 - NOA2 (at last!!)

February 3, 2011 - application sent from NVC to Montreal (aka. the Abyss?)

March 7, 2011 - Packet 3 sent to me

March 10, 2011 - Packet 3 delivered to Montreal

March 21, 2011 - Packet 4 sent to me

April 5, 2011 - Medical

April 13, 2011 - Interview - approved!

April 20, 2011 - visa in hand

May 9, 2011 - POE (Buffalo, NY)

May 10, 2011 - wedding :)

Make sure you start work on fixing this ASAP, it will be a whole bigger mess if it is changed in the midst of being transferred via NVC.

England.gif England!

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times

It's you, it's you, You make me sing.

You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.

b0cb1a39c4.png

ROC Timeline

Sent: 7/21/12

NOA1: 7/23/12

Touch: 7/24/2012

Biometrics: 8/24/2012

Card Production Ordered: 3/6/2013

*Eligible for Naturalization: October 13, 2013*

Timeline

Thanks for the info! You guys are more helpful than our lawyer!

After I worte her, she responded (surprise, surprise) right away. She said she will write a letter to csc on Monday and to NVC. Since i don't trust her ( because it's the 4th time she's screwing sth up)I will ask my fiance to call CSC on Monday and try to have it changed.

amykathleen2005, that's also what I'm thinking - if we don't manage to change it beofre it goes to NVC it will get messy - might get it prolonged - and even 1-2 weeks more than nescessary is sth we won't agree to...

Anyone tried emailing CVS? I think I will try to email them as well...

I wish my fiance found VJ before we hired that incompetent lawyer...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I went through Embassies change as well but didnt have to deal with any Lawyer....LOL.Your best bet is to Email NVC immediately telling them of your intent to have the embassy changed.Provide them with your current address which is most important and the copy of anything that ascertain your residency in Ireland.Note:Make sure that Ireland Consulate is not backlogged.The who process shouldnt take more than 4weeks at most.So yeah, you can change embassys and I quite agree with you that it will save you a lot of stress to have the interview done in Ireland.For more clearity, PM me.All the best

Citizenship window opens since October 26th 2013...
CITIZENSHIP Track:
Eligibility Criteria: 3 years
10-26-2013: Eligibility Date
12-06-2013:Application Sent
12-09-2013: Application Received and Priority Date
12-11-2013: Check Cashed
12-18-2013: Bio-metric Letter sent Date
01-07-2014: Bio-metric Date
01-07-2014: In-line for Interview
05-07-2014: Interview Letter Received
06-09-2014: Interview Passed
07-18-2014: Oath Ceremony
Naturalized as a US citizen!!!

Visa Journey officially Over on 07/18/2014

Glory be to the Lord the giver of all things

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

[quote name=ER Team :)' timestamp='1299362244' post='4521402]

How do I do that? Will they give me an option? Or by saying you mean ' I can apply for changing it to the one I want' - which I'd rather not do, since it will prolong the whole proccess...isn't that right?

If it gets through the NVC with the 'wrong" consulate based on what was answered in the #20 question, it is going to be a hassle to have it changed, after the fact.

I am not familiar with Ireland, but have seen many of the folks from there being interviewed in London England? If you call and "change or choose" Ireland and they don't process there, they will assign to whatever consulate normally processes Irish cases. Make sure the Embassy you change to actually does K1 VISA processing before you ask for the change or you could end up in London which would be no more convenient than Warsaw since presumably you would have to fly to either.

If NVC does assign to Warsaw then you are "on your own" and will have to ask the Consulate in Ireland or London to "accept" the case for processing and if they accept it they will then send it via mail to that consulate and then when they get it you wait patiently for the appointment. Expect the whole mess to add 3 months to the processing time.

Pick with or stick with the consulate that does the quickest processing even if it means flying to Poland. Also it might mean you have to do less "translating" of documents if you go with Poland , often the consulates do not require English translations of documents from the country that you are processing in. ie: Police cert etc.

Timeline

If it gets through the NVC with the 'wrong" consulate based on what was answered in the #20 question, it is going to be a hassle to have it changed, after the fact.

I am not familiar with Ireland, but have seen many of the folks from there being interviewed in London England? If you call and "change or choose" Ireland and they don't process there, they will assign to whatever consulate normally processes Irish cases. Make sure the Embassy you change to actually does K1 VISA processing before you ask for the change or you could end up in London which would be no more convenient than Warsaw since presumably you would have to fly to either.

If NVC does assign to Warsaw then you are "on your own" and will have to ask the Consulate in Ireland or London to "accept" the case for processing and if they accept it they will then send it via mail to that consulate and then when they get it you wait patiently for the appointment. Expect the whole mess to add 3 months to the processing time.

Pick with or stick with the consulate that does the quickest processing even if it means flying to Poland. Also it might mean you have to do less "translating" of documents if you go with Poland , often the consulates do not require English translations of documents from the country that you are processing in. ie: Police cert etc.

Northern Ireland residents have the interview in London, Republic of Ireland residents have it in Dublin. That's like 2 different countries. So I'm not worring about being sent to London ( which actually would be a cheaper trip :) ) I have already all the translations and all the documents...so going to Poland for me is just a waste of time and money...

I completely agree - I will try to have it changed before it goes to NVC...our case it's still in CSC... so I think I will let our lawyer send the letter to NVC and USCIS as she said she would...and ( since i don;t trust her anymore) I will email NVC myslef and have my fiance call CSC...

Thanks for all your help VJ mamembers!

While my case was at NVC we requested it to be transferred from the USEM in Manila Phils. to USC Frankfurt Germany. So yes, you can have it transferred. You should email or write USCIS requesting transfer. :-)

Timeline

While my case was at NVC we requested it to be transferred from the USEM in Manila Phils. to USC Frankfurt Germany. So yes, you can have it transferred. You should email or write USCIS requesting transfer. :-)

Thanks! Will do! Our lawyer will contact the CSC tomorrow and try to have it changed. But who knows what she's up too... my fiance will probably end up calling CSC himself tomorrow or the day after tomorrow... hopefully we manage!

Thanks everyone for all your help!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.