ER Team :)

K1- Which consulate in our case?

17 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

[quote name=ER Team :)' timestamp='1299435091' post='4522786]

Northern Ireland residents have the interview in London, Republic of Ireland residents have it in Dublin. That's like 2 different countries. So I'm not worring about being sent to London ( which actually would be a cheaper trip :) ) I have already all the translations and all the documents...so going to Poland for me is just a waste of time and money...

I completely agree - I will try to have it changed before it goes to NVC...our case it's still in CSC... so I think I will let our lawyer send the letter to NVC and USCIS as she said she would...and ( since i don;t trust her anymore) I will email NVC myslef and have my fiance call CSC...

Thanks for all your help VJ mamembers!

Ok, I noticed something else. On the Dublin Embassy site, it describes 2-step process for the Fiance VISA appointment. First they get the paperwork from NVC then contact you with the list of required documents. Second you respond you are "ready" then they schedule the interview. A bit different process than Warsaw, they schedule you directly and tell you what to bring. hmmm... you should look at how long between these two "steps" they are taking to schedule on regional forum. They say they have a limited capacity on the website, what does that translate into timewise?

US Embassy Dublin

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Ok, I noticed something else. On the Dublin Embassy site, it describes 2-step process for the Fiance VISA appointment. First they get the paperwork from NVC then contact you with the list of required documents. Second you respond you are "ready" then they schedule the interview. A bit different process than Warsaw, they schedule you directly and tell you what to bring. hmmm... you should look at how long between these two "steps" they are taking to schedule on regional forum. They say they have a limited capacity on the website, what does that translate into timewise?

US Embassy Dublin

Well, not really. The Warsaw process looks the same. They send you the checklist, you make sure you have all of the docs gathered you send it back that you're ready, and then they schedule the interview...and you bring the docs to the interview. They both look the same... there's a copy of the packet 3 for the Warsaw consulate http://photos.state.gov/libraries/poland/275705/cons_iv/IV-F04%20Instructions%20for%20applicants_rev_%20Dec%203_%202010_ENG.pdf

as it says...2 step...where did you get your information from? Just wondering, in case I'm wrong...

Edited by ER Team :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.