Jenn!

American Idol Season 10

121 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I keep getting more and more impressed by this season's contestants. Last night was great, not a single flop performance IMO. So many of them would have had real shots to win in any other season. Like Paul MacDonald, even with his weird stage stuff is so much better than Kris Allen, I think. And Casey Abrams is better than Taylor Hicks. Jordin Sparks can't hold a candle to Pia, nor Ruben to Jacob.

I was blown away by Jacob's performance. But it just made it clear to me that he really has a specific genre that he must stick to because last week was just awful for him. And Pia continues to impress - I'd be happy if she just continued to sing ballads because she's so incredible at it.

I wish no one had to go home tonight, it's hard to predict, but I think Casey might be in danger. Hopefully it will be Haley's turn finally. I think she's good, but there are so many others that outshine her this season.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yea, everyone did really well last night. Some a lot better than others, but nobody was terrible.

Still rooting for Paul! :dancing:

Pia does have a great voice, but the ballads are boring me now.

I think Lauren, Stefano & Haley will be bottom 3.

8/2/2021:  Mailed N-400

8/4/2021: N-400 received

8/6/2021:  Biometrics to be reused
3/15/2022:  Interview (successful)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Bolivia
Timeline

Guess who??? I´m here in the US!! remember me?? I am soooo thankful to u :)

My favorites are Jakob, Casey and James, women?? I am not sure. Pia is pretty good :)

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

01-18-2012 : Sent I-751 Package

01-22-2012 : Delivered California Service Center

01-24-2012 : Check cashed! Yayyy

01-30-2012 : Received ASC letter... Dated 01-27

02-08-2012 : Got Extension Stamp (Passport) Expires 02-07-2013

02-24-2012 : Biometrics Appt.

06-13-2012 : Got my 10 years greencard. Yeah baby!!!

NATURALIZATION

01-15-2013 : Eligible to file

07-05-2013 : Sent package to Phoenix Lockbox

07-11-2013 : Check cashed

07-15-2013 : NOA

07-30-2013 : Biometrics done

08-09-2013 : Interview letter

09-10-2013 : Interview!! PASSED!

11-22-2013 : Oath Ceremony - I AM A CITIZEN OF UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!!

xmzGm6.png6r3Fm6.pngan1cOKikw2B0010MjAwMzNsfDU4MDM4NjQ1amF8U

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I just started tuning into this season and not really following it closely, but the judging seems too nice. I miss Simon's brutally honest criticisms. Some of the contestants need a cold dose of reality, IMO, and none of the judges are willing to say what a horrible performance they just did.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I keep getting more and more impressed by this season's contestants. Last night was great, not a single flop performance IMO. So many of them would have had real shots to win in any other season. Like Paul MacDonald, even with his weird stage stuff is so much better than Kris Allen, I think. And Casey Abrams is better than Taylor Hicks. Jordin Sparks can't hold a candle to Pia, nor Ruben to Jacob.

I was blown away by Jacob's performance. But it just made it clear to me that he really has a specific genre that he must stick to because last week was just awful for him. And Pia continues to impress - I'd be happy if she just continued to sing ballads because she's so incredible at it.

I wish no one had to go home tonight, it's hard to predict, but I think Casey might be in danger. Hopefully it will be Haley's turn finally. I think she's good, but there are so many others that outshine her this season.

SisterJenn, I don't know why, but for some reason I wouldn't have imagined you watching Idol or any similar show. I've always pictured you as someone who could only watch educational shows :yes::lol:

I guess its your love of math which has made me craft this impression of you! :star:

Have fun! B-ji

“Acquire the spirit of peace and a thousand souls around you will be saved.” Saint Seraphim of Sarov

jesus-animated-gif-image-0110.gif

“The love of one’s country is a splendid thing. But why should love stop at the border?” Pablo Cassals

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lesotho
Timeline

I totaly agree that this season is filled with great talent. I normaly don't like Jacob's type of music but I must admit that last night he hit a homer. I do disagree with your thoughts on Casey. I thought he did a great job last night and I doubt if he will be in danger tonight. Stephano is the only one that I thought didn't do as well as he should have last night but I think his popularity will carry him through this week. Scotty was fun to watch. I wondered how he would handle Motown with his pure country style. I think he did a great job.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

LMAO! http://www.bestweekever.tv/2011-03-17/the-30-most-terrifying-stills-of-casey-abrams/

SisterJenn, I don't know why, but for some reason I wouldn't have imagined you watching Idol or any similar show. I've always pictured you as someone who could only watch educational shows :yes::lol:

I guess its your love of math which has made me craft this impression of you! :star:

Have fun! B-ji

I have an uncharacteristic affinity for reality television. It brings great shame upon me and my fellow mathematicians. blush.gif

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

Wow, Jenn!!! You were soooo right!!! Casey was the bottom tonight!!! What a shocker!!! Of course, he was saved by judges though... :)

I'm still rooting for James. And Scotty make me smile every time :) (I'm not a country music fan but...)

Edited by Yurika & Jim

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Just realized there is an AI thread.

Last night's episode was a tearjerker but people need to step up their game now.

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Timeline

What happened to Casey last night really sucked. First, I don't understand how America could have given him the fewest votes. He isn't the best of them but he is not the worst. While I agree with the judges that he should have been saved the way they did it really was very poor. They should have either not let him start his song and just tell him he is saved or let him finish the song and tell him. To interupt his song like that was a realy kick in the guts. The poor young man looked like he was about to faint! He was even saying, "how could you do this to me?". I mean really, I understand the need for drama on a show like that but IMO that was just mean.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

While I agree he isn't the worst singer, I don't agree with the save because there's way better talent there that would deserve the save at a later date.

I think they kept him on for the summer tour.

8/2/2021:  Mailed N-400

8/4/2021: N-400 received

8/6/2021:  Biometrics to be reused
3/15/2022:  Interview (successful)

Timeline

While I agree he isn't the worst singer, I don't agree with the save because there's way better talent there that would deserve the save at a later date.

I think they kept him on for the summer tour.

TBH Casey and Jim are my favorites. I was stunned that Casey got the fewest votes. I know that at some point all but one of them will be eliminated but at this point I don't think Casey should have been the one to get the ax.

Filed: Timeline

Haley, Jacob, Thia, Lauren, Stefano, and Pia knocked it out of the park. I enjoyed Naima's rendition even though it was a little cheesey. Scotty was Scotty and Paul was Paul. lol. I love Casey and James but they didn't really do it for me this time. I hate that people have to get cut tomorrow! :lol:

iagree.gif