Clark needs help

How do I Prepare my documents??

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

No staples. use paper clips instead. Put photos in a clear pouch and clip to the forms.

Would be helpful to know which documents you are filling in though. :time:

N400

Filing based on 3yrs/USC Spouse. 3 year residency anniversary is in August 2014. Filed immediately after the 90-day early filing mark (May 2014)

05/06/2014 - Mailed N-400

05/15/2014 - Check cashed

05/12/2014 - NOA Date

06/11/2014 - Biometrics Appointment

09/15/2014 - Inline for interview scheduling (was stuck in "Initial Review" for over 3 months!)

10/27/2014 - Scheduled for interview

12/01/2014 - Interview

12/19/2014 - I AM A US CITIZEN!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Use paper clips for documents and for photos I put them in a zip lock bag and whole punched it so the could attach to file if they need to.

Daniel

K-1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

I-129F Sent : Feb 9,2011

I-129F Received :In Texas then sent to CSC Feb 11,2011

Check cashed and in Initial Review : Feb 16,2011

I-129F NOA1 Hard Copy : Feb 15 2011

TOUCHED 04/04/2011 Is it wrong to be happy to be touched by a stranger?

I-129F RFE(s) : None

I-129F NOA2 :05/27/2011

NVC Received :06/09/2011

NVC Left : 06/27/2011

Consulate Received : 07/01/2011

Packet 3 Received : 07/18/2011

Packet 3 Sent : 07/19/2011

Medical Exam : 07/19/2011

Packet 4 Received :07/25/2011

Interview Date :09/13/2011

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 09\16\2011

US Entry : 09\20\2011

Marriage :09/22/2011

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Use paper clips for documents and for photos I put them in a zip lock bag and whole punched it so the could attach to file if they need to.

Hi,

Regarding photos.I just did attach them with my package that all.It will work, do not glue them.

Regards,

Selvina

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Do not staple. Do not hole punch. Do not add tabs. Do not HIGHLIGHT anything. Do not put into separate folders. Keep photos completely separate--do not staple them to any of the forms--a plastic baggie is handy.

Everything is disassembled at the processing center and scanned and then reassembled and stapled in the order that they prefer--probably not in the order you sent it in, so don't make it hard for them.

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Do not staple. Do not hole punch. Do not add tabs. Do not HIGHLIGHT anything. Do not put into separate folders. Keep photos completely separate--do not staple them to any of the forms--a plastic baggie is handy.

Everything is disassembled at the processing center and scanned and then reassembled and stapled in the order that they prefer--probably not in the order you sent it in, so don't make it hard for them.

What's wrong with using tabs and highlighting?

Timeline

They will have to remove the tabs in order to scan the documents, and highlighting shows up either as a big blur or black when scanned, obfuscating the very information you were trying to highlight. Scanning changes everything, so any information you have to the contrary about assembly, throw it out.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

They will have to remove the tabs in order to scan the documents, and highlighting shows up either as a big blur or black when scanned, obfuscating the very information you were trying to highlight. Scanning changes everything, so any information you have to the contrary about assembly, throw it out.

Tabs are not hard to remove, and if anything, they'll help them sort out the forms better. That way they know which bundle is your proof of Phone and email communications, which bundle is your tax transcripts, which bundle is your finances etc...

I see the point with the highlight though, I used a light lemon highlight (which comes out as light grey on the copy) both times to show relevant travel amongst the unrelated ones, and also phone conversations between us from the rest of the log.

Edited by Tero

Timeline

Look Tero, the tabs are a complete waste of time--they remove them and throw them away. They really don't care in what order you put things. They will scan and reorder everything to suit themselves, and believe me, they know a tax transcript when they see it and can tell it from a bank statement. And as to highlighting, maybe you got lucky, but others won't, and they will use a color that causes problems, and also just because it copied as light gray for you does not mean that it will do the same with their scanners. It all depends on how the contrast is set. I can tell you with almost 100% assurance that I can take your documents and scan them so that they are unreadable--why would anyone ever take that chance?? You are sounding a little bit stubborn--you need to be really flexible and accommodating to get thru this process without too much stress--start now with the easy stuff.

Timeline

Here is a note from an immigration lawyer about a year ago--this is her only business, so let's all take it to heart and not assume that YOUR documents will be OK when highlighted just because they looked OK when you made a copy:

Stop Highlighting on Documents to USCIS

I was just at a meeting with a liaison to USCIS and discovered a tidbit of information. Different USCIS offices are switching to a scanning program for documents that HATES highlighting. It reads the highlighted area as a big black blob, hiding what you are trying to draw attention to. Put things in bold if you want to draw attention to them. Otherwise anything that is electronically entered and then passed around will forever be missing the most important information.

Timeline

Look Tero, the tabs are a complete waste of time--they remove them and throw them away. They really don't care in what order you put things. They will scan and reorder everything to suit themselves, and believe me, they know a tax transcript when they see it and can tell it from a bank statement. And as to highlighting, maybe you got lucky, but others won't, and they will use a color that causes problems, and also just because it copied as light gray for you does not mean that it will do the same with their scanners. It all depends on how the contrast is set. I can tell you with almost 100% assurance that I can take your documents and scan them so that they are unreadable--why would anyone ever take that chance?? You are sounding a little bit stubborn--you need to be really flexible and accommodating to get thru this process without too much stress--start now with the easy stuff.

:rofl: I am not being stubborn, just relayed what I did that's all. Like I said before, I see your point and you are correct. Please don't take it personal. Are we cool? :D

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I used tabs to separate everything, because I like things to be organized and I didn't just want to send a pile of papers to them. I had read somewhere that tabs can be used, to put them on the bottom rather than the side. I put my pictures in clear photo sheets (4 per page) so that they could just turn the sheet around and read what I wrote on the back. I made everything easy for them.

Moroccan-Americanflag.jpg

Met in December 2008

Married in Morocco December 22, 2009

Filed IR1/CR1 - April 2010

NOA1 - April 29, 2010

RFE - November 12, 2010

Response to RFE - December 22, 2010

NOA2 - January 18, 2011

Paid AOS and IV Bill - January 27, 2011

Sent AOS/IV documents - March 15 2011

NVC received/signed for documents - March 17

Interview May 10

APPROVED

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.