Dobolo

RE: AOS, fee for EAD & AP Waived?

8 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I'm married to a USC and about to file for AOS. I just read that if you apply for AOS and EAD + AP at the same time, you get the fees for them waived (that is, you do not pay them) - so the only fee you pay for is that of AOS minus the EAD and AP fees.

Please can anyone confirm this and how to go about it, so I am sure we are on the right track.

Thanks!

12/4/10 - Married
03/9/11 - AOS package sent via USPS
03/10/11 - AOS package received by USCIS
03/14/11 - Email and Text notification received from USCIS
03/14/11 - Checks cashed by USCIS (got notification from bank on 03/15/11)
03/18/11 - NOA1 received in the mail (all four of them)
03/26/11 - Biometrics received for 04/20 (postmarked 03/23)
04/20/11 - Biometrics done today!
05/09/11 - Got my EAD in the mail today!!!
05/16/11 - Interview letter received for 06/20!!!
06/20/11 - Interview done, APPROVED! 2 year Green Card!

4/27/13 - I-751 Package for ROC mailed

4/29/13 - I-751 Package delivered by USPS to VSC

5/12/13 - NOA in the mail (dated 4/30/13)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

AOS EAD + AP = 1070$

Go see the USCIS website for the I-485, its right on their page....

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I'm married to a USC and about to file for AOS. I just read that if you apply for AOS and EAD + AP at the same time, you get the fees for them waived (that is, you do not pay them) - so the only fee you pay for is that of AOS minus the EAD and AP fees.

Please can anyone confirm this and how to go about it, so I am sure we are on the right track.

Thanks!

It's covered in the instructions for the I-131 and I-765. The fees for these forms are waived if they are filed concurrently with an I-485 for adjustment of status. There isn't anything special you have to do, other than simply not include the fees. If you're adjusting from a K1 visa then the total fees are currently $1070. Read the AOS guides for K1 visas:

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

As stated please read the guides as it's thoroughly explained there. What visa are you adjusting from? If it's a K1 there's an AOS thread in my signature to help you.

:time: as we are able to give the most correct info. If you are AOSing from a K1 visa then the fee is $1070, if you are adjusting from another BUT a K visa then you also need an I-130 and the associated fee for that. If you have accumulated and overstay days over 180 then AP would be pointless as you couldn't use it.

Thanks all. I'm new to the forum and it's been quite helpful. I'm adjusting from F-1

12/4/10 - Married
03/9/11 - AOS package sent via USPS
03/10/11 - AOS package received by USCIS
03/14/11 - Email and Text notification received from USCIS
03/14/11 - Checks cashed by USCIS (got notification from bank on 03/15/11)
03/18/11 - NOA1 received in the mail (all four of them)
03/26/11 - Biometrics received for 04/20 (postmarked 03/23)
04/20/11 - Biometrics done today!
05/09/11 - Got my EAD in the mail today!!!
05/16/11 - Interview letter received for 06/20!!!
06/20/11 - Interview done, APPROVED! 2 year Green Card!

4/27/13 - I-751 Package for ROC mailed

4/29/13 - I-751 Package delivered by USPS to VSC

5/12/13 - NOA in the mail (dated 4/30/13)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks all. I'm new to the forum and it's been quite helpful. I'm adjusting from F-1

Well you may need to file more than just the AOS portion, because your not adjusting from a K-1 or a spousal visa.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Then forget the link I gave you. You're not adjusting from a family based visa, so your eligibility needs to be established before you can get a green card. This means your US citizen spouse needs to submit a petition to get an immigrant visa number for you. That process is covered in this guide:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?autocom=custom&page=i130guide2

It will cost a bit more because there's a $420 fee for the I-130. The total is $1490. All the forms can still be submitted at the same time, and there still won't be an additional fee for the EAD or AP applications.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.