marymina119

help please

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

ok i applied for i129f back in august 2010 but i got married to my fiance in 11/2010 any how long story short i had to submit I130 cause they told me forget about the i129f since we r married now which idid in 12/2010. guess what they asked for RfE for the I129 so i sent it to them and wrote them a letter saying that she is my wife now and not my fiance. today i got a txt message saying they approved the I129f ???? are nt they suppose to deny it since she is my wife and there is a pending I130 now ? and if they approved it does that mean i can use it or what ???? its so confusing dont know what to do i did not lie to them i even sent them a copy of our marriage certificate with the evidence they wanted for the I129f !!!!

Edited by marymina119

Mina&Mariam

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

ok i applied for i129f back in august 2010 but i got married to my fiance in 11/2010 any how long story short i had to submit I130 cause they told me forget about the i129f since we r married now which idid in 12/2010. guess what they asked for RfE for the I129 so i sent it to them and wrote them a letter saying that she is my wife now and not my fiance. today i got a txt message saying they approved the I129f ???? are nt they suppose to deny it since she is my wife and there is a pending I130 now ? and if they approved it does that mean i can use it or what ???? its so confusing dont know what to do i did not lie to them i even sent them a copy of our marriage certificate with the evidence they wanted for the I129f !!!!

No you can't use an approved I-129F for a fiancee that is now your wife. Send them a letter withdrawing the petition. If the Consulate contacts your wife, she can tell them she is now married and will apply for a spouse visa. They'll know what to do.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

what happen if i dont withdraw it ? and why did they even approve it if i cant use it ? i think i need a lawyer

No you can't use an approved I-129F for a fiancee that is now your wife. Send them a letter withdrawing the petition. If the Consulate contacts your wife, she can tell them she is now married and will apply for a spouse visa. They'll know what to do.

Mina&Mariam

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

what happen if i dont withdraw it ? and why did they even approve it if i cant use it ? i think i need a lawyer

Like I told you. Read my response again. When your spouse tells them they aren't applying as fiancee, they'll know what to do. What part of my post did you not understand?

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

no you cannot.. the petition might have been approved but their is still no visa.... if you tried to get a visa based on the I-129F it would be refused by the consulate as being no longer eligible

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

duplicate threads have been merged together and duplicate post removed. It is not necessary to post the same topic more than once - just update your information in the same thread.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

The only thing you should have sent with the RFE response was a letter specifically stating that you are withdrawing the petition because you are now married. They obviously ignored your letter because you responded with whatever they had asked for. Otherwise, your petition would not have ultimately been approved.

If you don't withdraw the petition then it will be sent to the consulate, and your fiancee will be notified to submit some forms indicating they are ready for a visa interview. Obviously, your fiancee should not respond to this request nor take any action that indicates they will be applying for the K1 visa. In order to avoid potential problems with having multiple approved petitions at the consulate it would be best if you send a letter to USCIS withdrawing the petition.

This isn't rocket science. You don't need a lawyer. You just need a clear unambiguous letter to USCIS informing them that you want to withdraw the petition because you are now married.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Like previous posters have suggested, and you seem to be aware of, ignore the I129f approval (or rather, don't plan to make use of it). Obviously, USCIS is confused or mistaken or behind in their paperwork but since you've applied for the I130, it's important you pursue THAT petition and remind the USCIS again that you no longer wish to pursue the I129f because you are now married.

You don't *need* a lawyer to straighten this out, but you do need to send a few clearly worded letters indicating which path you are pursuing along with relevant file numbers.

April, 2009 - We met

May, 2009 - We wooed

June, 2010 - We got engaged, looking forward to a small August 2010 wedding

** Reality Check: K-1 Process**

July 22, 2010 - NOA1

**5 months of patient waiting**

December 29, 2011 - call around for information about delay

January 5, 2011 - RFE notice (first online status update yet!)

January 10, 2011 - RFE Hardcopy

January 13, 2011 - RFE Response acknowledged

January 24, 2011 - NOA2 (at last!!)

February 3, 2011 - application sent from NVC to Montreal (aka. the Abyss?)

March 7, 2011 - Packet 3 sent to me

March 10, 2011 - Packet 3 delivered to Montreal

March 21, 2011 - Packet 4 sent to me

April 5, 2011 - Medical

April 13, 2011 - Interview - approved!

April 20, 2011 - visa in hand

May 9, 2011 - POE (Buffalo, NY)

May 10, 2011 - wedding :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.