CyberSamurai013

NOA2 lacks priority date

16 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Received the NOA2 dated 2/8/2011 but there is no priority date listed. The application is for a Russian beneficiary, should we be concerned?

xe4sm4.png

cQuqm4.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Received the NOA2 dated 2/8/2011 but there is no priority date listed. The application is for a Russian beneficiary, should we be concerned?

I am not sure as I am not that far, but as a fellow filer with Russian beneficiary, congrats!

James and Oksana

event.png

Traveled to Novosibirsk, Russia (thats in Siberia) over holidays

Engaged on ----------------- New Years

Send I-129F package ---- 1/15/2011

Package Received -------- 1/18/2011 10:13 AM signed for by J BRADSHAW

NOA1---------------------------1/20/2011

E-Notification of NOA1---- 1/24/2011 1:09 AM & check cashed, sent to CSC

Hard Copy NOA1------------1/27/2011

Surprise Visit Fiancée-----4/12/2011 - 4/18/2011 (see picture as she was shocked!)

NOA2---------------------------5/11/2011

Birthday Visit------------------5/18/2011 - 5/25/2011

VISA APPROVED!!!----------7/13/2011

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Just now looking, my NOA1 didn't have a priority date but my NOA2 did. At the risk of sounding dumb, what exactly is it for and what does it mean?

Sorry if I hijacked your thread, but I thought it was a good place to post it and maybe others want to know too;)

Moroccan-Americanflag.jpg

Met in December 2008

Married in Morocco December 22, 2009

Filed IR1/CR1 - April 2010

NOA1 - April 29, 2010

RFE - November 12, 2010

Response to RFE - December 22, 2010

NOA2 - January 18, 2011

Paid AOS and IV Bill - January 27, 2011

Sent AOS/IV documents - March 15 2011

NVC received/signed for documents - March 17

Interview May 10

APPROVED

Timeline

Priority date moves from your NOA1.

currently: end of July dates NOA1 are having interviews last week of March.

August seem to be dropping in weeks 1 & 2 of April.

no news further than that.

check NVC for case acceptance and forwarding.

then write to Moscow Consul especially if Fiancée is not Moscow.

Russian mails is notoriously disgusting inefficient.

Many times the packet 3 arrives AFTER the interview date if your fiancée

is an outlying province.

drop me PM if you need more info, may have to put you in touch

with my fiancée for the Russian forum for K1s that helps on their end ALOT.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

I have both NoAs in front of me and there is no priority date on the 1st. The 2nd has a priority date block which is empty. It has been a month since NoA2 approval and NVC still has no record of our case. I am on hold with them now...

xe4sm4.png

cQuqm4.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

I have both NoAs in front of me and there is no priority date on the 1st. The 2nd has a priority date block which is empty. It has been a month since NoA2 approval and NVC still has no record of our case. I am on hold with them now...

No need for concern. I welcome you to move over to the RUB regional forum where you'll get a ton of help from folks who are in the process or have gone through these Embassies of these regions.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Timeline

Ok just spoke with NVC. They have had it and mailed it to the embassy in Moscow today. The priority date is blank on NoA2 but they have it recorded as September 9th 2010 which is the received date on NoA1. You guys were right and hopefully this helps answer other questions.

No need for concern. I welcome you to move over to the RUB regional forum where you'll get a ton of help from folks who are in the process or have gone through these Embassies of these regions.

Roger. Thank you :)

xe4sm4.png

cQuqm4.png

Timeline

• 3 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello,

My name is Keith. This is the first time I'm posting here although I have used this website extensively throughout our K-1 process and there is no doubt that the information and examples provided here have lended to our success. Our K-1 was approved in only 3 months and we received the approval on the last day of my second visit to Tacloban City, Philippines to see my fiancee Marivic. On to the reason I'm posting. Although our K-1 was approved in only 3 months, it has been 3 weeks since they said they were mailing it to the NVC, and the NCV still has no record of our case. Similar to the other person who posted here, we had no Priority Date assigned. Can anyone confirm that we should NOT be concerned at this point? We were very excited after receiving the NOA2 so quickly that things would progress more quickly but now things have seemed to stall and we're both worried (but we are both worriers). Do you think there is any cause for concern? I also sent an email to the NVC but have not had a response yet.

Thank you for any help or advice, it is much appreciated,

Keith and Marivic.

02/08/2011 : Sent the I-129F to the Texas Service Center.

02/13/2011 : Received email confirmation that the I-129F was received and transferred to the California Service Center.

02/21/2011 : NOA1 issued.

05/20/2011 : NOA2 issued.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

The Priority date is, basically speaking, your place in line to receive an available visa.

You don't need a priority date for a K-1 Visa. The priority date is always current for immediate family visas (including K-1) which means that there is no wait for a visa to become available.

Of course, you're still in line with all the other K-1 petitions to be processed and you still have apply to get the visa from the consulate but there is no 5, 10, 15, etc.. year wait just to be eligible to apply for the visa.

N-400

Feb. 12, 2016 - Sent N-400 to USCIS (3-year rule)

Feb. 19, 2016 - NOA1

Mar. 14, 2016 - Biometrics

June 2, 2016 - Interview - Recommended for Approval

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I thought Priority Date was just about useless for those chasing after the K-1 visa ?

Petitioner is USCitizen, so all is 'at the top of the queue'.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The Priority date is, basically speaking, your place in line to receive an available visa.

You don't need a priority date for a K-1 Visa. The priority date is always current for immediate family visas (including K-1) which means that there is no wait for a visa to become available.

Of course, you're still in line with all the other K-1 petitions to be processed and you still have apply to get the visa from the consulate but there is no 5, 10, 15, etc.. year wait just to be eligible to apply for the visa.

Thank you Ryna. I guess the other concern was that it seems for everyone else they are assigned a case number from NVC within 5 to 10 days, and ours has been 'in transit' to the NVC for 3 weeks. Since you didn't mention that we should be concerned about this we will just try to be patient. Thank you for sharing your wisdom about the Priority Date. I thought the missing priority date may have been the cause for the delay. Your advice is much appreciated.

Keith and Marivic

02/08/2011 : Sent the I-129F to the Texas Service Center.

02/13/2011 : Received email confirmation that the I-129F was received and transferred to the California Service Center.

02/21/2011 : NOA1 issued.

05/20/2011 : NOA2 issued.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Thank you Ryna. I guess the other concern was that it seems for everyone else they are assigned a case number from NVC within 5 to 10 days, and ours has been 'in transit' to the NVC for 3 weeks. Since you didn't mention that we should be concerned about this we will just try to be patient. Thank you for sharing your wisdom about the Priority Date. I thought the missing priority date may have been the cause for the delay. Your advice is much appreciated.

Keith and Marivic

It's a little longer than average but nothing to worry about yet.

N-400

Feb. 12, 2016 - Sent N-400 to USCIS (3-year rule)

Feb. 19, 2016 - NOA1

Mar. 14, 2016 - Biometrics

June 2, 2016 - Interview - Recommended for Approval

• 1 year later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Ok just spoke with NVC. They have had it and mailed it to the embassy in Moscow today. The priority date is blank on NoA2 but they have it recorded as September 9th 2010 which is the received date on NoA1. You guys were right and hopefully this helps answer other questions.

Roger. Thank you :)

I was setting up my interview appointment today ( K-1 visa) and was also asked to provide a Priority Date. There is none in my NOA2. Interview is on Dec 13, i chose Jan 20 as priority date ( random choice, I won't leave my coutnry earlier than Martch). Was it correct, or I made a mistake? Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.