amaloveskofi

can my mom get a B2 visa from Ghana to attend my wedding?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

hi there, i need some help about the B2 visa. i am currently on a ki visa and i was hoping my mom can come over to the states and attend my wedding. is it possible for her to get the visa from Ghana? if she can what are the processes involved. please if any one from Ghana is on this visa or has already been issued the visa, should please help me out. many thanks.

I-130 for mom

04/09/2016- filled i-130 for my mom. Mailed to Chicago.

04/11/16. - package delivered.

04/13/16. - NOA1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Common topic.

Answer difficult at best, consulates treat tourist visa applicants as if they have immigrations intent. Will need solid evidence that there is not immigrations intent.

Keep in mind the primary function of a K-1 tends to be for cases where it is difficult or impossible to marry overseas, if wishing to have family from overseas attend a wedding, and they are dealing with a high visa fraud country, then plan on not having family from there come here, and either marry there, or have an engagement party over there before using K-1, or have a wedding party over there after getting married, perhaps on a first visit after getting green-card or AP document.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hard to get but definitely try. See no one here can say yes.. it's a tourist visa.. and approvals / denials are not consistent.

** even with solid proof. **

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Being SUb Sarahan your mother must prove exceptional ties to Ghana. In Nigeria not even being a doctor or lawyer with large properties will get you a visa.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Timeline

thank u all 4 your help. i guess i shouldn't try at all.

I-130 for mom

04/09/2016- filled i-130 for my mom. Mailed to Chicago.

04/11/16. - package delivered.

04/13/16. - NOA1

Timeline

YOU SHOULD TRY... EVEN SO DON'T ALLOW PEOPLE TO DISCOURAGE YOU.. I WOULDN'T.

Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You do no try, all down to your mother.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

It doesn't hurt to have her apply. From what I have seen, moms seem to have better luck than most in getting the tourist visa from Ghana. Make sure she has plenty of evidence to show strong ties like others have said.

Good luck :)

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I agree pretty much with what everyone else said. Here is the official info for B2 visa applications: http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/types/types_1262.html

I think in Ghana it is pretty difficult to prove ties to the country and to produce hardcore evidence that the person will definately not stay in the U.S. once the visit is over. However, it doesnt hurt to try. The only "risk" is that it will cost you about $400-$500 (don't qoute me on the exact cost) to apply and get all the required documents. Good Luck! I know every bride wants to have their mother by their side on that special day.

Timeline

I agree pretty much with what everyone else said. Here is the official info for B2 visa applications: http://travel.state....types_1262.html

I think in Ghana it is pretty difficult to prove ties to the country and to produce hardcore evidence that the person will definately not stay in the U.S. once the visit is over. However, it doesnt hurt to try. The only "risk" is that it will cost you about $400-$500 (don't qoute me on the exact cost) to apply and get all the required documents. Good Luck! I know every bride wants to have their mother by their side on that special day.

.....or that should have been considered and arrange the wedding in the home country so the mom could attend or have it in the USA knowing it's highly unlikely she would be allowed the visit and the show must go on..

unfortunately it's not a win-win situation

Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.