Val and Gary

California to Texas & Texas to California - Part 2

3,224 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Well, I think this is a good sign. The petition is there, and it looks like past errors have been corrected. I think you'll be approved REAL soon.

Thanks for the encouragement :)

I certainly hope you're right!

USCIS - 203 days

08/09/2010: NOA1 (I-130) Received text & email with case number

02/28/2011: Received NOA2 hard copies of approval for I130 and I129F

NVC

03/02/2011: NVC Case Number Assigned, received IIN #

06/06/2011: AOS and IV received at NVC

06/21/2011: NVC Case Complete

08/24/2011: Embassy Interview

09/14/2011: Visa granted

09/18/2011: POE Houston!!!

Total time from beginning to end: 406 days (1 year, 1 month, 10 days)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Were you ever "approved"? Or just noticed your status changed?

Thanks for the encouragement :)

I certainly hope you're right!

07-20-2010 NOA1

02-11-2011 NOA2

03-09-2011 Sent both packages to NVC

03-28-2011 Case complete

03-31-2011 Expedite Request Sent

s-event.png

Timeline

That's a bummer. I didn't even think that was possible. Surely that's a mistake. You should email everybody on that list.

I had actually emailed Ms. Barrows this afternoon at around 2 PM EST. Prior to today, I had emailed TSC which had elicited the Officer Garza reply maybe 2 weeks ago.

USCIS - 203 days

NVC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Maybe they're in the process of "reseting" your record and have to go back to the first step to make sure it's done correctly.

I had actually emailed Ms. Barrows this afternoon at around 2 PM EST. Prior to today, I had emailed TSC which had elicited the Officer Garza reply maybe 2 weeks ago.

07-20-2010 NOA1

02-11-2011 NOA2

03-09-2011 Sent both packages to NVC

03-28-2011 Case complete

03-31-2011 Expedite Request Sent

s-event.png

Timeline

Were you ever "approved"? Or just noticed your status changed?

Naaa, was never "approved" - when my application had entered "Post Decision Activity" in late November 2010, I had received the following email:

Application Type: I130 , IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN

Your Case Status: Post Decision Activity

On November 29, 2010, a USCIS office received this case from the State Department with a request that we review it. We will notify you when we complete our review, or if we need something from you.

USCIS - 203 days

NVC

Hello Saylin!!! wowwww alreadyy on the spreadsheet! Thanks for adding me there but just to let you know CSC tranferred my file to TSC on 11/3/10 :) . Hope you had a wonderfull dinner!

Updated. ;) Thanks for pointing it out!

Too bad. You seem talented. I thought you might be an actuary.

Haha, nope not an actuary. I might go into programming or web design once I'm in the USA. My husband's pushing for programmer since he's one laughing.gif

LOL, I'm actually glad you don't have a job :P Your company in this thread(s) is most appreciated.

Haha, I'm glad I don't either in a way since there's been so much activity this week and I'm sure for the next few weeks as well. I'm glad my company is appreciated :)

Timeline

Maybe they're in the process of "reseting" your record and have to go back to the first step to make sure it's done correctly.

Yeah that thought had crossed my mind, certainly a possibility. I just hit 6 months so I shouldn't get all that discouraged seeing that folks who've hit 7 months are just getting around to being approved.

All I can do now is hope for a good outcome sooner rather than later.

USCIS - 203 days

NVC

Hi everyone,

Congrats to all approvals :)

I have a question to put out there. Is it too late to assign/add an attorney to the case (I'm still pending approval of my I-130). Should I wait until the NVC stage (assuming I get there one day).

I actually like spreadsheet sensei better, that is your new title..wear it with pride

Alright, Spreadsheet Sensei it is then once I can change it. Less than 200 more posts to go laughing.gif

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hey gang, unfortunately I did not get approved, however my case status was demoted from "Post Decision Activity" back to "Initial Review".

Got a feeling you're next tonight. As soon as it changes status, and although it seems odd the way they post it, for some reason you get the approval. Like first they say they transferred you, then the next few minutes you get approved. Weird, but hey, HOPE IS UP, Doc!

Edited by ezzie

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

I was about to get some Oreo cookies and milk and watch a TV show. laughing.gif But don't worry, I'll have this thread open along with my spreadsheet on my other monitor ;)

Well it's a good thing I don't have a job laughing.gif

I thought maybe you should leave again so we can get another three approvals. If you gain 10 lbs maybe we will all be approved :P

APPROVED FINALLY

First approval out of California, I believe.

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: WACxxxxx

Application Type: I130 , IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN

Your Case Status: Post Decision Activity

On February 11, 2011, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

Congratss!!!

I'm so happy I found the threat :)

Hi everyone,

Congrats to all approvals :)

I have a question to put out there. Is it too late to assign/add an attorney to the case (I'm still pending approval of my I-130). Should I wait until the NVC stage (assuming I get there one day).

Not too late but I do not believe you would need one. I have one but helpless with the CSC-TSC drama .. if I can go back I would not hire one .. that is my opinion though

I thought maybe you should leave again so we can get another three approvals. If you gain 10 lbs maybe we will all be approved :P

Omg, I cracked up rofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif I'll leave for a few days, how's that? I'll come back 200 pounds and everyone will be approved! laughing.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Yeah that thought had crossed my mind, certainly a possibility. I just hit 6 months so I shouldn't get all that discouraged seeing that folks who've hit 7 months are just getting around to being approved.

All I can do now is hope for a good outcome sooner rather than later.

You're next!! I can feel it!! :dance::dance:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.