Ramisgreat

Aren't you girls scared?

41 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

I'm in USA since 10 months, the first weeks have been hard for me but now I enjoy my new home country&city. My husband have give a welcome party when I came here and I got to meet some of his friends and I love his (girl)friends, I go out with the girls, hiking, shooping, dinner together, watch movies, dance classes etc... I also made two friend on my own via internet and they are romanian too living in America, they visit me I visit them.. talk on the phone, skype, sms.... and in summer my old very best frind will visit me from Germany and I am so happy she comes to visit me/us..

I do alot of entertaiming with my husband too and I also join him by work. He is very patience with me and I think that is very important cause many things was new for me and I was getting mad so quick in the beggining - for example, I buy Nutela and the Nutela here taste so different here in comparation with the original from Germany. And so many things I don't find here in the stores but I solve that problem - I order online european products :)

The first days, weeks, months here will be "hard" cause you need to adjust the new environment but with a lovely husband it will be easy and fun!! I love my husband so much and he is so sweet - he bring me flowers in the morning when he comes home from hiking,he sing and play quitar for me and I dance around him,(I do the cooking) but sometimes he cook for me too, last time he made me egg salad and it was delicios, he always come home with a surprize for me, small or big I just love it :).. my B-day it is on 25 December and it was my first X-mas here with him and he give a big party for me and I had a lot of fun, and the Christmas it was all about me and I got 25 gifts from him like my age :)

He brought me into old Hollywood Tv shows, I like Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley, I love Lucy, The Honeymooners this are my preferts, I am also a big fan of King of Queens and my first shooping day here I saw on the shelf Milano cookies and I was so happy and out of control :) OMG - Milano cookies, Doug from K of Q he eats in the show :))my husband find that so sweet about how happy I am about the cookies :)) lool

Another day I told him baby I will evacuate :)) and he was all surprise, Ok - where is burning?? And I said you know Zzzz Zzztttt the floor :)) and I show him what I mean.. what I was wanted to tell was vacuum :)) but he adores how I pronounce the words sometime and make him smile :)

So, I can go on and on but I stop cause I allready wrote to much :)

my thoughts for you will be come here with a open heart, ready to discover a new world, have patience and stay in touch with your family&friends. It is easy to give advice but you get to have your own experience soon and I wish you a lot of luck and love.

P.S - Before we got married and apply for K1 we spend only one week together in Canada/Vancouver, I'm happy I find the love of my life in such a short time!

Edited by Deina

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'll be moving to the U.S. from Canada, and a lot of things like this scare me as well.

Will I be able to find work? Will I find people who I can truly bond with as friends? Have we gotten over our past issues well enough that I can confidently go with my head up to live with him, and be the best wife I can?

The most heart breaking thing I've heard so far is from a male best friend of mine here. "The biggest travesty is that you'll be leaving this city". I think about it everyday, and I wish I could bring him with me actually.

But you have to find that confidence, and that will to overcome problems and your own thoughts within yourself. Dig deep, and it's there. Every change in life is scary, but it eventually becomes normal again.

Best of luck to you, and anyone else feeling a little lost sometimes <3

USCIS

Jul 15/11 - Sent I-130 Package from Honolulu

Jul 18/11 - I-130 package received & signed for in Chicago
Jul 19/11 - Priority Date
Jul 21/11 - NOA1/USCIS Acceptance Confirmation received
Jul 29/11 - Received I-797C hard copy
Aug 4/11 - Touched
Feb 16/12 - NOA2 Approval (212 days since Priority Date)

NVC

Feb 28/12 - NVC Case Number, BIN & IIN Assigned, Optin E-mail for EP Sent

Mar 2/12 - DS-261 Submitted
Mar 5/12 - Electronic Processing Opt-in Accepted, AOS Invoiced & Paid
Mar 7/12 - NVC receive IV electronic package, AOS shows "Paid", AOS Package Sent
Mar 9/12 - IV Bill Invoiced & Paid
Mar 12/12 - AOS fee shows as "Not Paid - Rejected": Human error. AOS re-paid.
Mar 13/12 - IV is "Paid." Will have to be re-paid post imminent "Rejected" status. NVC e-mail "Checklist Cover Letter" asking for my $$$
Mar 14/12 - IV is "Rejected - Not Paid", Re-paid, AOS is "Paid"
Mar 16/12 - IV is "Paid", DS-260 submitted & Package sent
Mar 19/12 - IV Package Received
Mar 20/12 - Case Complete E-mail Received (21 days at NVC)

Final Steps

Apr 10/12 - Interview date assigned: May 9 @ 8:30AM

May 1/12 - Medical Date
May 9/12 - Interview result: Approved!
Jun 22/12 - POE
Jul 23/12 - SSN assigned
Aug 10/12 - Green card in hand

ROC

Mar 25/14 - ROC sent to CSC

Mar 28/14 - Package delivered to CSC

Apr 1/14 - Check cashed

Apr 3/14 - Received NOA1, Receipt Date: 3/28

Jun 15/14 - Move to San Diego

Jun 23/14 - RFE / Package sent: Aug 6, ETA Aug 8

Aug 22/14 - New Card in Production

I, myself will take a leap in a new chapter of my life (soon, if things work out fine with me and my boyfriend) Never in my wildest dream that I'll be able to meet someone in a different side of the world whom I love this much. And yes; by the time I knew that I'm falling in love with him, I know chances are I will have to move and leave my family back home just to be with the love of my life.. Now, is it scary?? No for me. Before I let myself fall, I already knew that this is what I am going to get and would be facing but I am more than willing to give up everything just to be with him. For sure it would take more time to adjust but like what others said, engaging yourself in a different activity will make you feel good. People change and so is feelings but as long as you know how to value and treasure the love you have for each other and cherish every memory you both have, then there's nothing to worry about. Love; it sure takes lots of hard work and dedication, compromise and patience plus GOD in the center of the relationship to top if off.

Opportunities in life may knock at our door step once, twice or maybe more. But finding true love only happens once or never at all, and I wouldn't let it slip away, not even fears cant stop me.

Stay positive and believe! :)

K1 Timeline

02-28-11 I-29F SENT

06-01-11 PETITION APPROVED

07-15-11 VISA APPROVED

AOS Timeline

03-02-12 I-485 SENT

05-22-12 INTERVIEW APPROVED

ROC Timeline

04-18-14 I-751 SENT

07-29-14 APPROVED

Naturalization Timeline

06-29-16 N400 SENT

08-02-16 BIOMETRICS

10-12-16 INTERVIEW

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kazakhstan
Timeline

Not a girl but I think ill answer anyway. If its real feelings and not cold calculations IT DOESNT MATTER!!! You can have just as big of a problem getting in to relationship in your home country. Me personally I am marrying my kinder garden sweetheart. Yes I have not misspoken, we found each other after 24 years apart (we are both 33) Sure its scary and not just for a girl but!!! If you love someone it really doesnt have to make sense!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

as for ur questions. I don't think it matters for how long u know someone or for what reasons. my mum had a match maker business for over 30 years. I could tell u the craziest stories. couples that got married after a 10 years relationship and got divorced the same year. others got married after 2 dates and r doing great for decades. the heart has its own way. u will know it when u meet THE ONE. others don't need THE ONE and are doing fine with love that grows over the years.

for my fiance and me, its was clear from the first day we met. we are simply fitting in every single way. we can go hiking together, play x-box for days without leaving the house, get drunk and sing all night karaoke or simply read books next to each other.

I am excited about moving to the U.S, but I also know that we won't stay there forever. we are planing to live in Europe at some point, but as long as my fiance is still in the military, we don't have a choice.

But as I said, I am so excited! the only thing Im am a little bit worried about is the crime stuff that's going on in the U.S. Once I told my sweetheart what I am going to do the first week when I get to the US and while he is at work. I will get on a bus and check out the area and cities near us. That's what I always did when I visited other countries.

His answer was: "Hun, there is NO WAY I will let u get on a bus all by urself. Even the U.S. is not as bad as the movies try to make it look like, this is not Germany or Japan..."

He also showed me this site which shows u criminals in ur neighborhood. http://www.familywatchdog.us/

This is kinda INSANE! :o

but well, I guess it's one of these things u shouldn't think about too much...

Edited by mylovemyheart

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm in USA since 10 months, the first weeks have been hard for me but now I enjoy my new home country&city. My husband have give a welcome party when I came here and I got to meet some of his friends and I love his (girl)friends, I go out with the girls, hiking, shooping, dinner together, watch movies, dance classes etc... I also made two friend on my own via internet and they are romanian too living in America, they visit me I visit them.. talk on the phone, skype, sms.... and in summer my old very best frind will visit me from Germany and I am so happy she comes to visit me/us..

I do alot of entertaiming with my husband too and I also join him by work. He is very patience with me and I think that is very important cause many things was new for me and I was getting mad so quick in the beggining - for example, I buy Nutela and the Nutela here taste so different here in comparation with the original from Germany. And so many things I don't find here in the stores but I solve that problem - I order online european products :)

The first days, weeks, months here will be "hard" cause you need to adjust the new environment but with a lovely husband it will be easy and fun!! I love my husband so much and he is so sweet - he bring me flowers in the morning when he comes home from hiking,he sing and play quitar for me and I dance around him,(I do the cooking) but sometimes he cook for me too, last time he made me egg salad and it was delicios, he always come home with a surprize for me, small or big I just love it :).. my B-day it is on 25 December and it was my first X-mas here with him and he give a big party for me and I had a lot of fun, and the Christmas it was all about me and I got 25 gifts from him like my age :)

He brought me into old Hollywood Tv shows, I like Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley, I love Lucy, The Honeymooners this are my preferts, I am also a big fan of King of Queens and my first shooping day here I saw on the shelf Milano cookies and I was so happy and out of control :) OMG - Milano cookies, Doug from K of Q he eats in the show :))my husband find that so sweet about how happy I am about the cookies :)) lool

Another day I told him baby I will evacuate :)) and he was all surprise, Ok - where is burning?? And I said you know Zzzz Zzztttt the floor :)) and I show him what I mean.. what I was wanted to tell was vacuum :)) but he adores how I pronounce the words sometime and make him smile :)

So, I can go on and on but I stop cause I allready wrote to much :)

my thoughts for you will be come here with a open heart, ready to discover a new world, have patience and stay in touch with your family&friends. It is easy to give advice but you get to have your own experience soon and I wish you a lot of luck and love.

P.S - Before we got married and apply for K1 we spend only one week together in Canada/Vancouver, I'm happy I find the love of my life in such a short time!

Lovely story

:reading:

3.gif

"The perfection/respect/credibility of a man decreases by the number of marriages he has had and by the number of kids he has outside his current marriage. ", Quote by Bite YourDust
  • Met on yahoo chat through a friend.
  • April 2010 - Decided to meet in person
  • 06.01.2010 - She flew from Dubai to Philippines for vacationing
  • 06.21.2010 - We met in Philippines
  • 06.24.2010 - Engaged
  • 06.28.2010 - Came back to USA
  • 07.05.2010 - She flew back to Dubai (work)
  • 08.02.2010 - Mailed I129F to VSC
  • 08.03.2010 - Delivered to VSC. Signed by D RENAUD.
  • 08.09.2010 - Check cashed
  • 08.14.2010 - NOA1 (Dated 08/06/2010)!!!!!!!!
  • 08.19.2010 - Touched!
  • 08.27.2010 - Received snail mail that typographical error was fixed.
  • 10.03.2010 - Touched!
  • 11.21.2010 - Visited her for a week in Dubai!
  • 02.14.2011 - NOA2 Approved on St. Valentine day!!!!!!!
  • 02.17.2011 - Packet left from NVC to ABU DHABI (Dubai)
  • 02.19.2011 - NOA2 hard copy received
  • 02.22.2011 - Packet reached ABU DHABI's consulate
  • 03.02.2011 - packet 3 & 4 received by email
  • 03.02.2011 - Confirmation of Interview on 04.14.2011 -
  • 03.07.2011 - Fiancee passed medical exam.
  • 04.14.2011 - K1-Visa Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 04.21.2011 - Picked up Visa !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi all

I really would like to ask the girls out here,who are about to leave their home country and move to their lovely fiancee's country, that isn't it scary to u all to leave everything back here and move? I know we all love our respective fiancee,and we all knew from the start that this would eventually happen,but honestly when i'm finally doing this i am extremely nervous.So many questions are on my mind:

1) Will this relationship work in the long run (since we never had normal dating period, for years, before settling down)?

2)Will i be able to adjust to a new country?

3) Will my fiancee love me forever and value the fact that i have left behind everything just to be with him for the rest of my life?

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY

4) Will i see exactly what i have thought of him all these months and he doesn't change colors (no offense to him, but this is what i hear from people around that men change after marriage).

I really hope my relationship works out and we have a good married life,God willing.

Nonetheless my fiancee is a great guy but when people around tell u that 'i hope u r doing the right thing,its not a matter of few hours journey that we can come to your rescue if anything goes wrong,u have no friends no family there and no one to share your problems..blah blah blah' it makes me numb and scare me all the more.

I practically have NO ONE in the US,its only him whom i know and no one else in that huge country.Its dam scary.But i do trust him and God.Hope everything will be fine,finger crossed. I really love this man,and i hope he would love me the same or more for doing this all for him. (L)

I don't have much to add as I am a lot older than most of you here. But when the decision came to move here I never had a doubt as this was the man I wanted to be with, to grow old with. I had been married 25 years and we fell out of love, the marriage just fizzled but no hard feelings we are still friends and we have 2 beautiful daughters. The change was not so bad here as life is Australia is similar only they drive on the wrong side of the road here :rofl: The hardest thing I am going through is missing my daughters and not seeing them . We talk on the phone but its not the same. I miss them terribly. My husband is wonderful and has made my life here easy and he takes very good care of me. I don't have friends here either and I didn't have a lot in AUS but I have the car and I can get about and I do things on my own now not having to rely on my hubbie. I have my independence back so to speak.

Just trust in your relationship and talk, I cant express enough to you how important it is to communicate. I wish you well and again like others have said pray for guidance and you will be fine.(F)

Edited by Barbara J

Divorced !st November 2012.

Married only 2 years 1 month

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Having been here 3+ yrs now...I can tell you things will change. Expecting it to be the same idyllic statelike when you got to know each other would be a mistake. You will have to learn to live together...that can be a difficult thing. You will have your first real fight which will feel horrible, but it doesn't mean you don't love one another. What you found endearing and cute will probably grate on your nerves some days (can't he just hurry up this 1 time??? :) ). Things you do will not be so endearing to him either (my husband gets irritated that I leave the lights on when Im not in the room). I had many misgivings and nervousness over the last 2-3 months before moving here.

Don't get me wrong, I love my husband dearly and will not be trading him in....everyday life is mundane, it's not all lovey dovey roses and hearts but it's nice to settle in and be comfortable with your husband or wife, then you really get to know them.

I'm just from Canada which everyone thinks is exactly the same as the US...let me tell you it's not. I have been miserable some days, happy many days and eventually you get used to the newness.

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Bring love and hope with you. With a little effort things will sit in the right places.

I've been here since july'08, but i'm still working on my adjustment here.

It still hurts to think about everything i left, but my daughter and my husband are the prize for being here.

Good luck and be strong.

.png

UURI.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hello,

I do see how your questions pose very real fears, but I do not see how they are more particular to female beneficiaries than they would be to male beneficiaries? :unsure:

Agreed, I think it is more than natural to have these fears. Especially for someone who has never been outside of their home country. Again, one never knows if things will last forever, but that is all part of being married. Marriage is very difficult and it takes a lot of time and attention and dedication from both parties to truly make it last.

As for moving here or to another country outside of your home country in general there are very real, very difficult challenges to overcome. However, hopefully with the help of a loving spouse and patience, one can over come these fears and difficulties.

For my fiance I have tried putting together some documents that speak to the culture here, how business works here, additionally, I have been looking into finding networks of people living in our general area that are from his home country with the hopes of finding some people/couples that could potentially become our friends so that he does not feel he is completely removed from everything he knows.

Anyway, just my thoughts. THanks

event.png

Tuana and Kemal's Visa Journey

2010.07.10 We met

2010.10.28 First visit to meet in person

2010.10.31 We became engaged

2011.01.12 Second Visit with my Husband

2011.04.18 Third Visit with my Husband

2011.08.19 Married in Gaziantep Turkey, 4th Visit

2011.10.21 Visited with my Husband, 5th Visit

2011.11.22 SENT IN I-130 Application

2011.12.01 NOA1 Received

2012.02.16 Visited my Husband, 6th Visit

2012.05.08 NOA2 Received

2012.05.21 NVC Received

2012.07.02 Per NVC documents approved, waiting on interview date to be scheduled

2012.08.10 Visited my husband in Turkey, 7th Visit

2012.12.04 Visa Approved

when I read the post of happy me'11, it gives me HOPES!Im a little depress now as to why my papers still not approve,but when i read your story it gives me ideas to let GOD do the job,coz i already asked many people about finding answers to my questions but no one can give me the exact words/answer for that..So let the LOVE ALIVE BETWEEN ME AND MY FIANCE AND YES I THINK LOVE CONQUERS ALL!

Thanks for the compliment. Just believe in HIM and Lift up everything to HIM, He knows the desires of our hearts .

My journey in getting my kids here(due to complicated situation) was really rough to the point of cancelling the petition but God made a way. The triumph is sweeter when u really worked hard for it.

There is nothing impossible with HIM. Good luck in ur journey.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.